Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

Change of plans for BaseUp. I'm going back to the formula for last year and updating based only on who has actually played in the big leagues. Problem is especially for pitchers who might be on the 40 man and can't get a good find for their pitch specifics. Plus, often times, these guys never make it past AA or AAA. I know guys like to play with minor league team, but that was never the emphasis for this roster set from the beginning and there are alternate choices, which is always good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw in the download section this guy KST7584 is doing some pretty good job with the game portraits, maybe he can help you...

He's helped out a ton. But there are still hundreds if not thousands of minor league portraits to do.

He's helped out a ton. But there are still hundreds if not thousands of minor league portraits to do.

Is there a list of portraits that are still needed? I will try and help, will have to dig into my archive (brain) to remember how to do portraits as its been quite a while. :-)

Is there a list of portraits that are still needed? I will try and help, will have to dig into my archive (brain) to remember how to do portraits as its been quite a while. :-)

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=53383

I started listing them here but the response wasn't much so I stopped. If you're really interested in putting out a lot of portraits, I can set you up with the beta so you can see a bit easier what work still needs to be done.

1) Has it been verified what can support 2X resolution and what won't support 2X resolution? This is a 7 year old game we're talking about here.

2) Has it also been agreed upon who should be the "cover boy" or focus of the MVP 12 related stuff?

1) Has it been verified what can support 2X resolution and what won't support 2X resolution? This is a 7 year old game we're talking about here.

2) Has it also been agreed upon who should be the "cover boy" or focus of the MVP 12 related stuff?

1) Don't know.

2). RJSim used Matt Kemp and I think it was a solid choice.

Not sure what you're asking. Are you asking what specs are needed to support it or what textures we can make 2x?

Just read every entry here. I had down time at work. Havent played mvp 2005 since 2008. I went to the Show. I want to play mvp again mostly because it was fun and the fact that i can play with my laptop. Thus making it portable. Will Mvp 2012 run fine on Windows 7?

Just read every entry here. I had down time at work. Havent played mvp 2005 since 2008. I went to the Show. I want to play mvp again mostly because it was fun and the fact that i can play with my laptop. Thus making it portable. Will Mvp 2012 run fine on Windows 7?

Yep!

Not sure what you're asking. Are you asking what specs are needed to support it or what textures we can make 2x?

The latter. As far as specs go, I know any computer from 2008 onward can support this game and run everything properly.

1) Don't know.

2). RJSim used Matt Kemp and I think it was a solid choice.

Strangely enough I thought about using Ryan Braun.

nice. right now i've taken screenshots of literally every single background that's in the game so I can place the appropriate picture where it needs to be. I'll probably work on a logo in the near future. Keep the first post updated with what's been done so far

In an effort to get some more help with portraits, I've started compiling JPEGS from milb.com of players needed for MVP 12. If anybody can cut these portraits please let me know. If anybody knows a higher-res source for minor league photos, please let me know. Here is the Arizona organization.

Arizona Portraits.7z

I was just going to ask if anyone knew of a source for hi-res photos. Kyleb, is it safe to say that if a player has a portrait in the current beta that is an accurate photo of said player. If no know source can be had I will have to use pics from milb.com and upsize and sharpen them. Also, are 1x portraits being used for the minors?

Thanks!

I was just going to ask if anyone knew of a source for hi-res photos. Kyleb, is it safe to say that if a player has a portrait in the current beta that is an accurate photo of said player. If no know source can be had I will have to use pics from milb.com and upsize and sharpen them. Also, are 1x portraits being used for the minors?

Thanks!

I've been going through pretty much every photo in the Beta and deleting it if it is not accurate or moderately up to date.

Maybe somebody else knows of a better source for minor league portraits and if they should be 1x or 2x if sourced from milb.com.

• 2 weeks later...

What still needs to be done:

Audio

There are still some team audios to be done. I haven't found a working "Tampa Bay Rays" audio mod. I still need to check the stadium names. I may change some batter walk-up music from my file from earlier this spring.

Faces

Doing a final check to make sure faces are accurate. Jed and Jogar are still putting out great work down to the last minute.

Frontend

Still need to do a new intro movie.

Portraits

Many minor league portraits are unfinished and are likely to remain unfinished unless someone is able to help.

Rosters

Only the Cincinnati organization remains. Salaries, jersey numbers, ratings have all been updated. Career stats are updated but 2011 stats are unlikely to be updated. I will be updating the AL and NL Future Stars teams soon.

Stadiums

Yankee Stadium, Marlins Stadium and Target Field are not included are unlikely to be done unless someone makes them. They have been included in the LOCs and stadium select screens so that if anyone ever creates them, they will fit right in. Bctrackboi is currently organizing a bunch of top minor league stadiums to replace the old classic stadiums.

Uniforms

All of Nani's 2012 work has been released and bctrackboi is going through it and making final selections for the uniform files. I've received a handful of them and some great work from over the years has been included. Some great new minor league unis by bctrackboi are coming too.

I've gotta figure out how to replace some little things still. I'd like to change the color of the loading bar and replace the pictures and text on the screen where you "buy" classic players and uniforms.

do you need a beta tester? cause im in if you do

Kyleb already has some people that are part of his dropbox that beta test for him but the job is still open for someone to make a list and tell him what to do and what mods to make for MVP 12. I think you will be the perfect person for this.