2K Vs. The Show?

danc

I was hoping that some of you guys could give me your opinion and advice.

I am looking to purchase a new pc baseball game but am not sure which to get.

My biggest concern is the ability to play against the cpu without having to manually

do the fielding. I enjoy pitching, hitting, and running but I would like to have the AI

handle the fielding for both teams. That is one big reason why I have been playing MVP

for so long. Obviously the other is the magnificent mods that have been developed here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Really?

I was just on Amazon and saw a windows version of "the show" for sale!

Thanks for the response.

As far as I know 2k will not let me play the way I described. I was hoping

for something with more AI.

Rats!

My biggest concern is the ability to play against the cpu without having to manually

do the fielding. I enjoy pitching, hitting, and running but I would like to have the AI

handle the fielding for both teams.

As far as I know 2k will not let me play the way I described. I was hoping

for something with more AI.

Actually, MLB 2K11 has the option for Auto-Fielding which is exactly what you described; you are in luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Metacritic's page for MLB 2K11 and MLB The Show's

That would qualify as a completely irrelevant comparison for anyone interested in playing a great baseball game on a home computer.

It's also not a valid sample size for the 2K11 scores with only 5 critics' reviews as compared to 30, and only 7 user reviews as compared to 66. Just to give a specific example of why that's so significant: the only critic's review under 70 for 2K11 cited the reason for the poor review as, "No online content for the German PC version." That guy's score counts as 20% of the overall rating, but do I really care about his specific problem with the game even a little bit?

But as stated above, the real key is the PC option and that makes any comparison akin to apples and oranges.

You can twist and fight to explain your stance all you want. We all know which game is better. Some people just don't like to face the fact and admit it.

Twist and fight? Are you making some kind of joke or could that possibly be how you actually interpreted my post? I wouldn't know MLB The Show if it hit me in the face, but so what, all I'm interested in is a great baseball game for the PC and 2K has provided that (and will for at least one more year, although that's probably it for new versions).

You, my friend, have an agenda. I, on the other hand, am simply engaging in a genuine conversation.

Hard to understand why you would waste your time posting here, but feel free... I don't seek censorship.

Ummmmmm....

Before this post gets shut down..............

I purchased 2k11 but can not seem to find where to select

AI fielding.

Maybe it's because of my struggle to navigate the menus with

the keyboard ( a real problem...I hate controlers{cramps}) but I

can't seem to find the option. I have looked under fielding prefs

but it's not there as far as I can tell.

Help?

Ummmmmm....

I purchased 2k11 but can not seem to find where to select AI fielding.

I don't recall whether you need to install the official 2K patch before that becomes available, but believe me, you'll want to install that patch before playing anyway because it's really easy to do and they fixed about 200 problems with the game. You can download that right from this site at http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6267

As far as your main question, once in the game go into the OPTIONS menu, then select MY CONTROLLER, then select CONTROLLER OPTIONS. On that screen you will see the options for AUTO-FIELDING and AUTO-BASERUNNING.

If you set either of those to YES, the computer will handle all of the fielding or baserunning (or both) for you while allowing you to control the rest of the game yourself.

ENJOY!!

• 2 weeks later...

The show is clearly superior in every aspect (except commentary and presentation of course). But here's the thing, I don't think you can really compare them. 2K has a some faults, as does the show, but it's like a completely different animal. Totally different style and I don't think it's meant to be compared. I always get both though, just because any game on PC is automatically superior (MODS!!!).

yea but they have a unique style to them. It's like comparing a Porsche to a Lamborghini. They're both cars yes, but different styles of luxury that suit different tastes.

I disagree with you, but if that was the case, it'd be more like comparing a Honda Civic to a Ferrari.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived