File Submitter: dennisjames71

File Submitted: 17 Jan 2012

File Updated: 03 May 2012

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: v2.0

Total Classics 1915

By dennisjames71

Deadball baseball is alive and well!

In this Total Classics Mod, you can re-live the 1915 baseball season with many legendary stars from the early 20th Century in their prime years. Pitching definitely rules with Hall-Of-Famers like Pete Alexander chalking up 31 wins and Walter Johnson with 27. Home Runs in 1915 were at a premium with Gavvy Cravath of the Phillies hitting a Babe-Ruthian 24 HRs in the season (the largest total in the century up until that time). Speaking of the Babe; you’ll see him here in his first full season as a starting pitcher for the World Champion Boston Red Sox who faced the Phillies in the World Series. Another historical oddity that you’ll see here is legendary hitter Rogers Hornsby on the bench for the St. Louis Cardinals because he only played in 18 games as a green rookie in 1915.

The 1915 Mod Includes:

*Ground-up rebuild that introduces a games interface similar to the iconic 1915 Cracker Jack Baseball cards.

*1915-era photos, loading screens, backgrounds, jukebox music, walk-up music.

*The 16 Major League Teams plus a bonus Federal League team; the Chicago Whales who won the 1915 Federal League Championship.

*2 Custom All-Star Teams (with 1915-esque uniforms) made up from the best players in each league.

*All fireworks visuals, fireworks sounds, and siren sounds are removed when hitting a home run.

*Full 154-game official 1915 schedule.

*Modded 16 stadiums plus a modded Weeghman Park for the Chicago Whales team.

*Created uniforms for all teams. The look of the 1915 Whales road uniforms is not officially known so I designed what I thought it could look like.

*OTBJoel’s excellent Legends From the Booth audio mod with Vin, Ernie, and Mel calling the games.

*In this initial version; there is not a lot of player audio; but there are player announcements for the star players of the era such as Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Tris Speaker, Babe Ruth, and Joe Jackson, for example.

Contributions and Thanks:

bctrackboi11 for his great custom, old-time baseball and baseball bats of the era. Joe Jackson’s famous Black Betsy bat is part of his contributions too. Thank you also for creating the promo YouTube video earlier this year. Excellent work!

OTBJoel for his iconic Legends From the Booth audio mod that automatically makes this (and any) game 2000 times better. Thank you also for creating the team names for the Brooklyn Robins and the Chicago Whales for me.

DylanBradbury for his great work on creating a 1915 schedule to make the mod’s experience that much better. Also, a tremendous thank you for your superb batting/fielding/pitching calculators. This mod would not have been possible without those. I used these calculators for every single player and simmed 4 different seasons and many of the stats almost mirror the real-life results of the 1915 season. These calculators are scary-accurate.

Special thanks always goes out to Jim825 and all members that have created past Total Classics mods. I can’t tell you guys what an inspiration your creations have been to motivate me and they are always a joy to play.

There is always potential for improvements to my mod and they may be coming soon. Perhaps more player audio and the additional 7 Federal League teams may become a reality in later versions; but in the meantime enjoy this mod that captures a special era in baseball history.

Have Fun!!

-Dennis

INSTALLATION NOTES

Just follow the README file and you’ll be fine.

*README for Total Classics Baseball 1915*

-After you have downloaded the "Total Classics 1915" zip file; double-click to open it.

-Extract the contents of the zip into a folder.

-Double-click the "explodeme' 7z file

-Find the location of a CLEAN copy of MVP Baseball 2005 and click "Extract".

-Allow the program to extract all of the new content.

-Play the new Total Classics 1915 mod.

Revision History

v2.0

-Added player audio from OTBJoel's Legends From the Booth project. Also, added/updated stadium audio.

-Fixed some player attributes such as throw handedness.

-Updated many player faces from the assignments used in Total Classics Phase 10.

-Added a modified version of SeanO's Baker Bowl for the Phillies.

-A few new player portraits and minor tweaks here and there.

v1.0

- Initial release

Click here to download this file

Excellent Work Mr Dennis! This Mod really has the look & feel of the Dead Ball Era. A much appreciated quality addition to the Total Classics.

Thanks for ALL You have done and continue to do ............ You certainly represent the heart & soul of the entire Total Classics project!

Don

Excellent Work Mr Dennis! This Mod really has the look & feel of the Dead Ball Era. A much appreciated quality addition to the Total Classics.

Thanks for ALL You have done and continue to do ............ You certainly represent the heart & soul of the entire Total Classics project!

Don

Thank you Don...coming from you, those comments mean a lot to me. I am very proud to have been able to contribute to Total Classics Baseball. I hope that my work can measure up to standards of past work and most of all; I hope you all enjoy playing this.

I absolutely loved Dennis, I especially liked the Music touch :good:

Hey I'm glad you dig the TC 1915 mod laroquece and the music. I tell you, it wasn't easy to find music from that era but i got 'em done. Actually I made this mod just for you so that you could teach me your Football Picking Skills. :rofl:

Hey I'm glad you dig the TC 1915 mod laroquece and the music. I tell you, it wasn't easy to find music from that era but i got 'em done. Actually I made this mod just for you so that you could teach me your Football Picking Skills. :rofl:

:rofl: that´s nice Dennis, we have a deal, by the way, the Super bowl this year is Baltimore - San Francisco

The TC1915 mod has been updated. Nothing in the mod itself has been changed. The only change was to combine the two installation files into one file. In addition, you can now download the mod from MVPMods rather than having to go to another site to get it.

Hey,

What a great mod. Congratulations and thanks.

I downloaded the original (2file) mod but then decided to

download the single file mod and replaced the old with the new

version. Trouble is, I have no commentary what so ever. Is that

normal? I sampled a couple games from the first download and I

thought that there was commentary. Just checking.

Hey,

What a great mod. Congratulations and thanks.

I downloaded the original (2file) mod but then decided to

download the single file mod and replaced the old with the new

version. Trouble is, I have no commentary what so ever. Is that

normal? I sampled a couple games from the first download and I

thought that there was commentary. Just checking.

You should hear Mel Allen, Ernie Harwell and Vin Scully doing play by play commentary. Before uploading the single file mod, I went through the entire installation process to verify that everything installed OK. I played a few innings with multiple teams and everything worked fine.

Did you install the mod over a clean installation of the game?

Hey Jim,

After a couple innings of the second game I played the commentary started....

I guess I should have waited because I have had the same thing happen before.

After a great outfield catch or a stolen base it is often "triggered">>

All the announced names were wrong but at least I got the commentary.

The only correct names were Tris Speaker, Babe Ruth, etc. but I suppose that

is pretty normal.

Thanks for a great mod.

If you look at DennisJames' description of the mod on the download page, you will notice the following:

* In this initial version; there is not a lot of player audio; but there are player announcements for the star players of the era such as Ty * Cobb, Walter Johnson, Tris Speaker, Babe Ruth, and Joe Jackson, for example.

Archived