Detroit Tigers Book On Amazon.com

First off does anyone have any idea how Amazon prices some of their stuff? Some things they sell on there seem so out of whack that I say to myself it is a mistake but then I find out it is not.

Here's what I mean. I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning lately and I've been getting rid of many things that are no longer important to me as they once were. For some reason unknown to me I have a large paperback book by a Detroit Sportswriter named Joe Falls called The Detroit Tigers: An Illustrated History. Amazon's selling the paperback version for $98.80! Check it out for yourself.

My question is what the hell for??

The copy I own does not look like the cover that is being sold on Amazon. Mine is mostly white with a big picture of Al Kaline on it and to the right it has photos of Alan Trammell, Ty Cobb and Mark Fidrych.

Let me know if this is something that is worth hanging on to because I really don't want anything from the Tigers especially after the Yankees choke job last October.

Thank you.

If you look closely, you will notice that the listing says, "Available from these Sellers" and when you click on the link, you are taken to a list of the various people selling the book. In other words, Amazon itself is not selling the book. It's simply acting as a storefront for others who are selling the book. There are a number of different prices listed, based upon what the seller thinks they can get for it. It's similar to the way that the exact same item can be listed on eBay by 4 people, each of them charging a completely different price!

If you don't want the book, you should contact AlexTony. He's a big Tigers fan.