=Ds= Cyberface Request Thread

DetroitStyle

Feedback and opinions are welcome as long as they are constructive and helpful. But no reason to tell people directly or indirectly that what they do sucks. Ive told everybody thats criticized my cyberfaces that Im still learning this. And I think im doing pretty ok for a beginner. It just so happens that I am an artist, with a pencil, pen, and paintbrush, but not computer software- not yet anyways. No worries. :good:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Wanted to say I appreciate all of your hard work and I enjoy all of these faces that you make that adds realism to the game. I normally don't request things but this one time I wanted to request cyber-faces of Jason Bartlett and Cameron Maybin both of the Padres, if possible. The stock Jason Bartlett is terrible especially. Thanks again.

DS, when it comes to cyberfaces, how exactly does the dark-skin-tone issue apply? I'm just trying to understand the issue better when specifically dealing with Cyberfaces. I understand that player ratings changes in Ty's Editor can screw up players with dark-tones, but a Face-ID change doesn't seem to do so. I'll present evidence to back that up using one of your own creations -- Jemile Weeks.

You've done a few dark players yourself already, such as Jemile Weeks, Brandon Allen, Howard Kendrick, and Carlos Santana. Of these four, Allen, Kendrick, and Santana have 2K-created face files (player_head_XXXX.iff) in game, so your install instructions were to simply overwrite 2K's files. That's a simple process that doesn't involve Ty's editor, so it's really just copy/paste, enjoy. Jemile Weeks was different...

Jemile Weeks doesn't have a 2K face file, so you instructed us to change his Face-ID to his Portrait-ID in Ty's. (J. Weeks' default face setting is #65535.) All 4 players are dark and all 4 show as Skin-Tone 11 in Ty's editor. So, if Weeks can be added using Ty's without issue, then any Skin-Tone 11 player's face should be able to be added -- and added regardless of whether they already have a 2K-created face file or not.

So, I don't understand why dennisjames' request for Maybin, who also has ST 11, could be an issue if Weeks was not. To that end, I don't understand why any dark-skinned player in-game would be a problem since you pulled it off successfully for Weeks.

C'mon man, I already did a mike morse. If you're not even going to check the downloads section why should I even bother taking requests.

Sorry man didnt notice he was part of a pack forgot about those! Keep up great work DS and sorry if I bother you with my requests! Just throwin up some random people that should be, To be honest if you ask me 2k sports is dumb they should hire you! keep up good work!

DS, when it comes to cyberfaces, how exactly does the dark-skin-tone issue apply? I'm just trying to understand the issue better when specifically dealing with Cyberfaces. I understand that player ratings changes in Ty's Editor can screw up players with dark-tones, but a Face-ID change doesn't seem to do so. I'll present evidence to back that up using one of your own creations -- Jemile Weeks.

You've done a few dark players yourself already, such as Jemile Weeks, Brandon Allen, Howard Kendrick, and Carlos Santana. Of these four, Allen, Kendrick, and Santana have 2K-created face files (player_head_XXXX.iff) in game, so your install instructions were to simply overwrite 2K's files. That's a simple process that doesn't involve Ty's editor, so it's really just copy/paste, enjoy. Jemile Weeks was different...

Jemile Weeks doesn't have a 2K face file, so you instructed us to change his Face-ID to his Portrait-ID in Ty's. (J. Weeks' default face setting is #65535.) All 4 players are dark and all 4 show as Skin-Tone 11 in Ty's editor. So, if Weeks can be added using Ty's without issue, then any Skin-Tone 11 player's face should be able to be added -- and added regardless of whether they already have a 2K-created face file or not.

So, I don't understand why dennisjames' request for Maybin, who also has ST 11, could be an issue if Weeks was not. To that end, I don't understand why any dark-skinned player in-game would be a problem since you pulled it off successfully for Weeks.

When you change something in the editor and save it (it doesn't matter if it's a face number, shirt number, peake age, ratings, etc.) you screw up the skin tone and make it much lighter, especially for darker players.

Look at Maybin ingame and compare it to DS' Weeks. NORMALLY both should have the same skintone, but since DS had changed Weeks he had to assign him a lighter color in the cyberface, because the editor screws it up. If you would do this with all dark players, there would simply be no really dark player anymore in the game. That's the problem.

Edited by wudl83

• 2 weeks later...