Skin Tone Problems For 2K12 Players

cammel

There are going to be problems matching up skin tones in 2k12.

2k removed 3 skin tones from the game this year.

There were 11 skin tones in the 2k11 global.iff file.There are only 8 in the 2k12 global.iff file

2k11: 140,142,145,146,149,156,158,160,177,178,383.

2k12: 167,169,174,175,178,185,189,192.

Ty may have to change his editor to only 8 skin tones.Unless the other 3 can be added to this years global file.

This game is screwy now all of a sudden the arms for jackson and young are the right tone.

It depends on what roster I load.

If I load DS's newest 3-2 or cyberface compatible roster they are fine.If I load older ones roster they are wrong.even though they both say skin tone eleven.

Edited by cammel

I noticed that if you use Ty's editor to edit the body type, chest-size or anything like that, it screws the skin tone up, too.

Would be nice if someone out there could make a little file with which we can correct skintones...

Not possible. We need to wait and see if Ty will update his editor to work with the new skin tones...

Not possible. We need to wait and see if Ty will update his editor to work with the new skin tones...

It's possible I would think to check in-game to see which skin tones are changed, then test various tones and come up with the closest match. I do that all the time with 2K11.

I would have done it if I could programm some things like that, but I can't... :D

Easy to do. Create a test roster and choose one team to use as a test team. Set their four lineups so they're identical for R, L and with DH. Rename the starting lineup according to their position number; 2 for C, 3 for 1B, etc. Makes it easier to edit more than one guy at a time and to keep track of who you edited. Make some edits, then launch a game with your test team as the home team. As soon as the first pitch is thrown, pause the game and use the replay feature to move around the field checking your edits for each player. Edited by bangus

It's possible I would think to check in-game to see which skin tones are changed, then test various tones and come up with the closest match. I do that all the time with 2K11.

No it's not possible. Using Ty's editor the skin tones are white and orange/brown. There are no dark ones. It's because the editor can't recognize which ones are which. It's not even picking up all the available tones. The code needs to be cleared up in the editor first.

No it's not possible. Using Ty's editor the skin tones are white and orange/brown. There are no dark ones. It's because the editor can't recognize which ones are which. It's not even picking up all the available tones. The code needs to be cleared up in the editor first.

Oh okay, I see the issue. I haven't used the 2K12 editor yet so I didn't know the problem was that extreme.

I think we shouldn't even touch Ty's editor except for position changes and cyberfaces. I edited some pitches and now Sabbathia shows up in nougat creme color.

4-5 hours of work are for garbage. I could puke.

You can't check his skin tone number in the default roster, then plug that number in the editor to see if it adjusts back to the original tone?

No chance because in the roster editor the 11 numbers for the skintones are assigned to color slots the game doesn't have anymore. If we could give in the skintone number manually it wouldn't be that big of a problem. But we have representative numbers for the skin tones which don't match since Ty didn't change them, but 2k changed them.

I have found out what has caused the problem. I edited the "clutch" rating and it seems that also changing this rating causes skintone issues. I do not know how this correlates, but I tested it in a blank roster file with Sabathia and Granderson, changed their clutch rating in the editor without changing anything else and both where nougat in game after that.

If you edit anything on a player and save it will mess with the skin tones.Because the roster editor uses a scale of 1-11.It expects #11 to be the darkest.So that is the number it uses.Then when you load it in game it gets confused because it's scale is 1-8.

Oh yeah I finally realized that, too. So to say the roster editor is useless by now? Uh what a mess.

First I thought that only editing specific ratings or tendencies would cause the problem. But now I realized that really every save - like you say - causes the skintone corruption. I wanted to do a big roster for pc with very accurate ratings for every MLB player. Doing this ingame would last like forever. :cray:And furthermore doesn't that mean that when we asign a player a new cyber face ID his skintone crashes? Oh my god... :sorry:

Edited by wudl83

Relax man, his editor is far from useless. It's also free so complaining is pointless, he could have just said **** it and not released one. If you have an issue with it just email him POLITELY and ask if he has time to update the skin tones.

You're overreacting to his comments IMO. I bought Ty's editor last year and used it extensively for editing player ratings. But if a person can't edit any of the player ratings without it causing this issue, then the 2K12 editor is pretty much useless at this point, until the issue gets fixed anyway. Edited by bangus

I didn't mean that bad with Ty, I know that creating such an editor is difficult and time consuming. But like bangus says - what can we do with it? Every player who has not the white skintone gets crashed when we edit anything...

I didn't mean that bad with Ty, I know that creating such an editor is difficult and time consuming. But like bangus says - what can we do with it? Every player who has not the white skintone gets crashed when we edit anything...

I'm still playing 2K11. I've been thinking of picking up 2K12, but when I read that editing ratings causes this issue, that was that. Buying the game without being able to globally edit player ratings would be pointless for me. There are simply too many player rating issues with the default rosters in 2K baseball that negatively affect the quality and realism of the gameplay. Edited by bangus

That's right. I am going for a realistic roster for the pc version.

By now I have edited 4/5 teams from the NL West:

- accurate lineup and pitching rotation

- complete rating overhaul for fielder's and pitchers

- complete tendencies overhaul for fielder's and pitchers

- complete pitch type (with speed and movement and control) overhaul for pitchers

- complete clutch/peak age/durability overhaul for pitchers and fielders

- adding some guys to AAA who are on the official 40 man roster but not in the game

- adding some top prospects to AAA (so all AAA teams will get real players) with accurate ratings and pitch types

- changing every fake player's talent stars to two (for those who werer on AA or A )

Doing that for the Giants, Padres, Dodgers and Diamondbacks took me over 8 hours since I edited everything inside the game.

With a working editor I would have probably saved up to 2 hours less.

But lol...before those changes the game felt somehow subpar. By now I have played 2 test games (with Giants @ Dbacks and Padres @ Dodgers) and those were probably the two MOST realistic baseball games I have ever played.

This game would have so much potential, would there only be some enthusiasm at 2k for realism...

Edited by wudl83