pena1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... the one where i can edit it change color and stuff

Ah OK, so basically, you want to change the color of a team's helmet. It's not like MVP 2005 where there's a helmet texture for you to change or fix or anything like that. The helmet itself is assigned a color based on what the team uses according to the roster file you load up to play. It's pretty complicated but I'll simplify:

The roster you are using dictates the values any uniform slot in particular has, from team colors to equipment colors, whether or not they have names on the back of the jerseys, etc.

Since you want to change the Red Sox helmet color, what you'd want to do is load up the roster you are using to play MLB 2K12 using Ty's MLB2K12 Roster Editor and click the Uniforms tab after the roster is loaded. In the default roster, the Red Sox uniforms are in slots 206 to 213.

Red Sox Home and Away jerseys are 206 and 207, respectively. From here, what you want to do is change Team Color 3 to whatever it is that you want and change the values of Helmet Bill/Front/Back to Team Color 3.

Make sure you click SAVE at the bottom so the values are retained in the roster file otherwise you will lose ALL your changes for that slot.

Ah OK, so basically, you want to change the color of a team's helmet. It's not like MVP 2005 where there's a helmet texture for you to change or fix or anything like that. The helmet itself is assigned a color based on what the team uses according to the roster file you load up to play. It's pretty complicated but I'll simplify:

The roster you are using dictates the values any uniform slot in particular has, from team colors to equipment colors, whether or not they have names on the back of the jerseys, etc.

Since you want to change the Red Sox helmet color, what you'd want to do is load up the roster you are using to play MLB 2K12 using Ty's MLB2K12 Roster Editor and click the Uniforms tab after the roster is loaded. In the default roster, the Red Sox uniforms are in slots 206 to 213.

Red Sox Home and Away jerseys are 206 and 207, respectively. From here, what you want to do is change Team Color 3 to whatever it is that you want and change the values of Helmet Bill/Front/Back to Team Color 3.

Make sure you click SAVE at the bottom so the values are retained in the roster file otherwise you will lose ALL your changes for that slot.

cool thanks... so what you saying is that basically batting helmet would be considered like an accessory of some sort like wrist bands and etc... which means the only way u can edit it is thru ty`s editor... am i correct?

cool thanks... so what you saying is that basically batting helmet would be considered like an accessory of some sort like wrist bands and etc... which means the only way u can edit it is thru ty`s editor... am i correct?

Yes. Any equipment color changes go through ty's editor

I know but i looking for actual dds helmet file so that i could export it and edit it like you could export a cap and change a color of in paint or something like that. I know i can change the helmet color in ty's editor but those r just basic colors and if make a custom color that will also change one of the 3 primary colors which i dontwant to change . I just want to make custom color to helmet without changing the primary colors and i dont like those basic colors especially 2k black. So my question is there a helmet file in uniform file or its somewhere else?

anyone can help me again pleaseee? how can i add my custom uniform to the empty slot in ty`s editor? i put the actual my custom uniform file into 2k12 main directory but when i open ty`s editor its not in there... how do i add it to one of the empty slots?

anyone can help me again pleaseee? how can i add my custom uniform to the empty slot in ty`s editor? i put the actual my custom uniform file into 2k12 main directory but when i open ty`s editor its not in there... how do i add it to one of the empty slots?

You can enter in your filename in the box I've circled in the attached screenshot (above the field where you select which team the slot is for).

post-10872-0-54778100-1339963089_thumb.j

One more question... i am sorry i just trying to learn some basic stuff. Why the color of the socks didn't change when i imported dds #5 file back to uniform file? I changed rangers socks to red but when import it back to iff file the color didn't change? Does this has to do something with cob uniforms? Or its something else?

Is it possible to add advertisement slots to the stadiums? I tried adding the 2013 All Star game banner to Citi Field on the championship banner dds because it appeared to have room for two more images. I modified the dds successfully and it loaded fine into the stadium iff but the damn thing would not show in the game. I tried the same thing with the retired numbers on left field adding Mike Piazza's #31, with the same results? :facepalm:

Is it possible to add advertisement slots to the stadiums? I tried adding the 2013 All Star game banner to Citi Field on the championship banner dds because it appeared to have room for two more images. I modified the dds successfully and it loaded fine into the stadium iff but the damn thing would not show in the game. I tried the same thing with the retired numbers on left field adding Mike Piazza's #31, with the same results? :facepalm:

Maybe you didn't save the ads as DXT1 with no transparencies?

then there might be 2 sets of settings because yes it's right. that works for for me with everything except the the green layers and and the letters layer. i use paintnet to do the green layers and have not done letters in awhile so i dont remember what did with throws

the uniform file itself. say you wanted twins to have a white sox home uniform number location which is chest high on the right, then you use the white sox home iff file, import the needed pieces for the twins into the white sox file, then rename the file to the twins file name and then they will show with the number where the white sox have them.

the uniform file itself. say you wanted twins to have a white sox home uniform number location which is chest high on the right, then you use the white sox home iff file, import the needed pieces for the twins into the white sox file, then rename the file to the twins file name and then they will show with the number where the white sox have them.

Are you sure?, because I used a Cincinnati Reds Classic uni for a Brooklyn Cyclones uniform and renamed it uniform_bub_alt1.iff (Buffalo Bisons) and it still shows the Reds front number chest high on the right side. The original Reds uni was uniform_cir_cl1. I will try re-name it again anyway. Thanks