How To Sort Miami, Los Angeles And Tampa Bay Alphabetically

athlon

I was trying to figure how to make Miami and LA Angels show in their proper alphabetical order on the

team select screen (Miami is where Florida was...LA Angels are where Anaheim was).

But after using LOCLook to no avail I'm out of ideas...

Also, how can I sort the Rays alphabetically on the roster screen.

The Rays should be listed at "R" but still show on the list at letter "D" (because of the old "Devil Rays" name).

Any veteran modders know the answer? Could you point me in the right direction or is there a program that can get to all of the alphabetical sorting data for the game?

Thanks -

Anybody know how I can gain access to the "team_ID" file wudl83 mentioned?

Is there a program I can use? Or, where is team_ID located?

It is in the datadatabase eam.dat roster file. It's a plain text file, so you can just edit it with a text editor like Notepad. Simply changing the team ID won't be enough. You would have to change the team name in the dataIGEENG.LOC and dataFEENG.LOC files. This is the text that shows up in the game.

You will probably have to move the team name audios and you would definitely have to move the home stadiums and stadium name audio and then edit the stadium names in the .LOC files as well.

You might also have an issue with the uniform preview screens, which would mean editing the datafrontenduniforms.big file.

What you are looking to do is doable, but it will take a LOT of work to get all the associated pieces in the proper place. Personally, I don't think the final product is worth all this work, but you have to make that decision for yourself.