Catcher/umpire Mask Issue

DetroitStyle

This is all kinda of messed up. When I take the default roster and look at the catcher for the angels, and make his mask green. When I go in game it's NOT green, it defaults back to khaki. But when I use my custom roster and do the same thing, it ends up green in game along with the umpires.

In fact, the umpire's mask mimics the catchers mask every time. What the heck is going on!?

Pena, do you think you're accessory edits somehow junked up the catchers mask coloring?

Hmm, with my custom roster it seems it's NOT tied to the catchers mask, but tied to something else...perhaps my color file, but I don't know what I could've possibly changed that would cause this! The color combos are all the same, I never changed the which colors are team color 1, etc. I only changed the shade of color.

BXdcy.jpg

Nice catch, DS. I had never noticed umpire masks mimicking the colors of the home-team catcher.

And man, I hope this isn't somehow my fault...catcher equipment was something I briefly nit-picked in a thread on 2K's MLB forum one day...

I complained that catcher equipment needed to be updated as far as colors were concerned. I told 'em that nearly every catcher's mask in the freakin game had tan padding with dark-gray straps, but that the real players actually have color-coordinated masks with some combo of TC1/2/3 and/or black. Fast-forward a few days and the 4-17 roster was released. With it, nearly every single catcher's mask had been changed to TC1 w/ Black straps... And now that we see Ump masks mimic catcher masks, this could be the reason why just about every catcher's mask had tan padding -- to make the ump's mask more realistic.

I've tried changing colors as you did, and as long as I didn't actually save the roster after making the color change, the umpire mask didn't change. Some pics:

1st 2K's Default Roster, Iannetta's mask padding changed from Tan to Green. Ump's mask padding is still Tan.

post-97781-0-04395600-1335032871_thumb.j

2nd 4-17 Roster w/ DS color.txt V.18.0 imported, pad changed from TC1 to Green. Ump's mask pad still TC1 (red).

post-97781-0-94112200-1335032971_thumb.j

Each time, the ump is using Iannetta's mask as it is within the loaded roster, and it always mimics that color combo.

Graphically this game is just screwed up period. I get a huge graphic glitch in every game I play since I downloaded Dennis James stadium files. For a couple innings the stadium disappears leaving fans sitting or standing in empty air... You can see through walls all around each stadium, the outfield walls are gone, all the upper deck/bleachers/pavilions/and lower box seats are missing, as well as all the advertisements. Then suddenly everything goes back to normal. Sometimes if I play around with all the camera angles, the game will correct itself. And why did 2K include 4-5 separate portraits for loads of players that played on multiple teams throughout their career as well as teams' coaches? Personally the worst offense for me is the lighting glitch that efects reflection on bating helmets and players skins. Why are 50% of the players with facial hair sporting a shiny/polished red or gray beard or stubble? lol Oh well the game is still playable though.... :good:

This is all kinda of messed up. When I take the default roster and look at the catcher for the angels, and make his mask green. When I go in game it's NOT green, it defaults back to khaki. But when I use my custom roster and do the same thing, it ends up green in game along with the umpires.

In fact, the umpire's mask mimics the catchers mask every time. What the heck is going on!?

Pena, do you think you're accessory edits somehow junked up the catchers mask coloring?

Did you get this sorted out? I actually don't even know where the dds color map for the catchers mask is located (been looking for it since 2k10). Like the rest of the accessories, the colors are pulled from ROS file. Have you tried testing a single team color change with a vanilla roster?

Yea, it's not the color.txt file. I downloaded a vanilla roster and imported my color file and it's all normal. By default umpires should always have a khaki mask pad. But for one of my rosters it turns out to be the home teams primary color. It is NOT dependent on the catchers mask as I originally thought. So I have no idea what's causing it. Just a random roster glitch?

Hmm... I just logged into 2K Share and the 4-17 roster wasn't available... Perhaps that's the roster with the issue and 2K pulled it?

Edit: I think that has to be it... If I play around with any roster pre-4/17, the ump's mask stays tan and doesn't follow the changes saved to the mask of home team's catcher.

This makes me a little angry... That roster has (or is it "had" now?) some good updates, with player acquisitions, players off the DL, contract extensions, and the aforementioned catcher mask update. I went ahead and edited the crap outta that roster in order to update player equipment for a few teams I've been tracking the real equipment of in order to match the equipment the real players actually use. Once I was happy with that, I started a Franchise and two My Player careers using it.

If the Ump mask is the only issue, it's no big deal and I can live with it. But with 2K having pulled that roster from 2K Share, I'm sitting here wondering what else might actually be wrong with it.

Edit 2: Played around some w/ Vanilla Rosters: Both 4-13 and 4-17 roster. Fired up Padres @ Phillies.

Roster 4-13: Ruiz's Mask default = Tan pad/Brown chin/Dark Gray straps. Ump's Mask appeared Tan/Black/Black, I guess like it should.

I changed Ruiz's mask to White/TC2 (Phillies Blue)/Black. Ump's mask didn't change, so 4-13 works properly.

Roster 4-17: Ruiz's mask default = TC1 (Phillies Red)/Brown/Black. Umps mask appeared: Red/Black/Black. It didn't have a brown chin, like Ruiz's.

Changed Ruiz to White/TC2 (Phillies Blue)/Black. Oddly, the Ump's mask remained as it did above and didn't appear to change at all.

Since I started with a team that wears red, I fired up some other teams... This time, I went with Giants at Pirates.

4-13: Barajas default = Tan/TC1 (Drk Black)/Dark Gray. Ump = Tan/Black/Black

Barajas w/ Yellow/White/Black. Ump stayed Tan/Black/Black

4-17: Barajas default = TC1/TC1/Black (Pirate TC1 is Black, but a bit darker than regular black). Ump = TC1/Black/Black, similar to Barajas. (TC1 vs Black difference on chin was distinguishable.)

Barajas w/ TC2 (Pirate Yellow)/White/TC1 (Pirate Black). Ump stayed TC1/Black/Black.

I've got pics of all of the above, and they're close-ups, if you want to see 'em...

It seems as though 2K borked-up the Ump mask while editing catcher's mask colors (possibly per my request/complaint on 2K's forum) for the 4-17 roster update. That could be why they've pulled that roster. It seems as though the umpire will wear a mask that matches the default mask colors of the home team's starting catcher. Adjusting those colors on the player and saving that roster doesn't affect the Umpire, which makes me wonder if there's some form of hard-coded coloring within a Roster which Umpire masks reference. If there is, then somehow that coding may now contain a color reference to the default colors for the mask of the home team's catcher.

Edited by RazberyBandit

I missed the 4/24 update... Apparently it was taken down before I even saw it.

I suppose those who managed to get that update should be happy the ump has his proper-colored mask... LOL

I still find myself wondering what was so wrong with these two rosters that 2K decided to pull them? And this last one was pulled the same day it went up... It's just strange, even by 2K standards.