My First Perfect Game.......almost!

mac70hr

Well guys,

I have been playing baseball games back since I got my first Atari, then Nintendo (Baseball Stars my all time fav), then Saga, than playstation, then ps2, ps3, x box and PC. I have played them all (I am showing my age now). I have played baseball and softball my entire life and actually had scholarships to play 1st base and pitch, until I torn my rotor cuff in beginning of my senior year. I was at around 93-94 on my fastball. So, instead I joined the Army.

anyway, to say the least and not for lack of trying...I have never pitched a no hitter or a perfect game on a video game.

Its 3 am, I was in the bottom of the ninth, one out and had not given up any hits or walks, 16 Ks.

Ok....so It was spring training and against the Pirates. :) I play my franchise with the Redsox (2nd season). I play about 90% of all the games...mostly with my two kids helping.

I gave up a single to left with one out....he stole second and I struck out the last two.

Good thing I didnt wake my wife up to show her....which I was planning to do.

The simple things in life I guess. Since I am recovering from number 3 shoulder surgery I have some extra time to try again I guess.

Happy gaming fellas. sorry for the long story.

Mac

I've been playing PC baseball since the first High Heat came out and I've gotten close a couple of times to a perfect game. The closest was a two-hit, one-walk shutout against the Astros in 2000 (I was using Kevin Brown - Dodgers). But, pitching was a lot easier on High Heat back then. Since my carpal tunnel surgery, I have been unable to use a gamepad so I GM these days. :)

Hit 'em where they ain't!

JB

Wow. I have been playing since MVP 05. Had a no hitter and a perfect game both in MVP 08 and ironically both with Johan Santana. Closest I've come in 2k is 7 2/3 by then my heart was pounding; I was so nervous my hands were shaking. Best game was a 18 k one hitter with RA Dickey.

Ive come close a couple times but as u I lost the bid in the 9th inning.Probally the most frustrating one was 2k10 i had perfect game in the 9th inning and the freeze bug hit me 2k11 I had a perfect game thrown against me in arizona and i always play as the Pirates and that was an annoying game as i struck out over 20 times lolol which almost made me throw the disk.This year the 7th inning has been a killer for me

Had a no hitter going last night again. (FYI: I have been out on medical leave for a month with shoulder surgery, so I play alot :) )

against the Rays and the computer (BJ Upton) lays down a BUNT in the top of the 8th inning...beats it out. ended up with a 2 hit shutout.

Atleast the AI had enought sense to try and break it up with a bunt. surprised me.

• 5 months later...

Might as well post.

I remember years ago (probably 2006-2007) almost, and I mean almost, throwing a perfect game with Jeff Weaver with the LA Dodgers against the San Francisco Giants. I only had 1 out to get, top of the 9th, and I gave up a single to left field. Pissed off so much. Had to settle down for a 1-hit, no walk, shutout. Default version of MVP Baseball 2005 on XBOX.

More recently, in MVP 12, I was using Brad Peacock with the Sacramento River Cats against the Salt Lake City Bees, and I took a perfect game into the 8th inning, but gave up some singles. I had to settle for a 2 hit shutout.

Edited by BashBros4Life

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The closest I got to a perfect game on MLB 2k12, was with Clayton Kershaw on my franchise. Top of the ninth with 1 out, I gave up an infield single. Next batter grounded into a double play to end the game.

I've also had another 1 hitter with Kershaw, and one with Mike Leake.

Edited by Petree