The Music Thread

rroy0824

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm finishing up an AC DC weekend because it is Bon Scott's birthday tomorrow. Scott was the lead singer of the band before Brian Johnson.

Someone posted the entire album of Let There Be Rock on Youtube, so I am posting the link right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNDzBmNwlE

Tracklist:

Go down

Dog eat dog - 05:31

Le there be rock - 09:06

Bad boy boogie - 15:12

Problem child - 19:40

Overdose - 25:05

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be - 31:15

Whola lotta Rosie - 35:29

I'll start with this, if anyone is a fan of Childish Gambino the Royalty mixtape has good and bad parts. We Ain't Them (below) and other songs are great but some of the other stuff isn't good at all. I was a bit disapointed because I was looking forward to it.

Warning: Language

If you have never heard of him, he is worth listening to. His Camp album is great. He's also Troy from the show Community.

The quintessential and poignant statement about everyone’s favorite day of the week…yes, Rebecca Black’s “Friday”

Totally kidding…

I’m all over the map with music likes but today I’ve had these 4 playing throughout the house for a kick back Sunday:

-Joe Satriani “Strange, Beautiful Music” http://www.amazon.co...t_mus_dp_dpt_22

-NRJ Dance 2011 http://www.amazon.co...words=NRJ+Dance

-Kaskade “Fire and Ice” http://www.amazon.co...eywords=Kaskade

-Smashing Pumpkins “Oceania” http://www.amazon.co...umpkins+oceania

-Dennis

And before this gets posted, yes it is in everyones head and no, it is not music.

But we should get it out of the way before someone tries to say it's a good song. It's not.

Warning: Really Bad Pop Song

Bleech! She looks like one of those super-hair bangs, racoon eye make-up,Rock-a-billy girls who lives at the end of my street. *does not float my boat* LOL!

First of all, who the hell is Rebecca Black? :huh:

Another song I have been listening to off and on the past month or so is from a band called Alcatrazz, which featured a young Yngwie Malmsteen on guitar. This one is called Island in the Sun and it has a nice guitar solo by Malmsteen. Graham Bonnet is the lead singer.

My music taste is a bit different then some of yours, but thats okay. It will make this thread more fun to have many styles and taste.

I really like B.o.B Strange Clouds album. Some good songs on there like these.

Warning: Language is kind of PG-13

Edited by rroy0824

My music taste is a bit different then some of yours, but thats okay. It will make this thread more fun to have many styles and taste.

I was really hoping that something like this would happen in here. I already know what kind of music I go to first when I am in the mood to pop a audio CD in my computer. Maybe this thread will open my eyes to some other music that is just as good as the groups I listen to.

A really bad singer who got famous off a really bad song on YouTube last year. It was so bad that she got death threats and everything.

Thanks for filling me in on who Rebecca Black is. I had no idea. I tried listening to that song of hers last night and I only made it through the first 45 seconds until I had enough.

@ Dennis and Y4L

I like your taste in music! :good:

That's the good stuff! I bet you played some of these songs years ago too on your guitar.

Back in 1984 Deep Purple reunited to make one of the best albums I have ever had the pleasure to own, Perfect Strangers. The album started out with this song, Knockin' at your Back Door which was a huge hit. The guitar solo in this song by Richie Blackmore is something you want to hear again and again. My favorite songs seem to be the ones with great guitar solos and I'll post more of them later on.

I love Ritchie Blackmore’s playing…he gets it…because I always believe that you have keep the “blues” in your playing which he definitely does. I appreciate his creativity and work because he was able to do that right smack in the middle of the metal/rock era. IMO, guys like Yngwie and Steve Vai (and countless other guitarists) are just shredders…yeah, they can light it up and play fast but when I hear their playing; I just “feel” nothing. One of my all-time favorite guitarists was Stevie Ray Vaughan and his song “Life With Out You” features 2 superb guitar solos. His version from the “Live at Montreux 1982 & 1985” cd is the best; but this performance from 1987 is pretty good.

First solo: 3:05

Second Solo: 8:09

While I openly worship Jimi Hendrix (he’s the reason I even picked up a guitar); I have to say that Stevie was about the only player who “got” what Hendrix was trying to do. I used to say that Stevie played Hendrix better than Hendrix played Hendrix. Both men were phenomenal and adeptly mixed blues, rock and other music together in their playing. Also, both men sadly, never lived long enough to fulfill almost endless potential.

While I openly worship Jimi Hendrix (he’s the reason I even picked up a guitar); I have to say that Stevie was about the only player who “got” what Hendrix was trying to do. I used to say that Stevie played Hendrix better than Hendrix played Hendrix. Both men were phenomenal and adeptly mixed blues, rock and other music together in their playing. Also, both men sadly, never lived long enough to fulfill almost endless potential.

Unpopular opinion alert:

I've never been a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix. Not sure why, I just never got into his music. I'm not saying he is overrated, I'm just not a fan.

Anyway, new song for the day. Chiddy Bang - Mind Your Manners. I heard it on MLB Network last night after the Derby and it reminded me of how much I liked it.

Chiddy Bang? The first thing I thought of when I read that was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, an old movie.

Sweet Child O' Mine. Guns n' Roses. 1987. Too damned bad that they couldn't stay together. What a solo near the end of the song.

Haha, yeah. The name reminds me of that as well. They're pretty good though. Their CD came out earlier this year.

Anyway, Sweet Child O' Mine is a great song. Love Guns n' Roses. Although, I can't listen to it without thinking of this:

@Rroy

LOL! That spoiler alert is hilarious. I didn't know that feature was available on this site. Yeah, it’s totally cool to just not dig an artist because you can’t get into their music. I’m the same way with country music…I like almost all music except for that and I wouldn’t care how great or popular a certain country artist is <just sayin’>. I do take issue with the people who chirp loud that Hendrix was overrated…which just proves their utter ignorance and lack of knowledge of guitar playing as a whole. BTW that Chiddy Bang song is pretty catchy and cool…I heard it on MLB Network too. :good:

@Rroy

LOL! That spoiler alert is hilarious. I didn't know that feature was available on this site. Yeah, it’s totally cool to just not dig an artist because you can’t get into their music. I’m the same way with country music…I like almost all music except for that and I wouldn’t care how great or popular a certain country artist is <just sayin’>. I do take issue with the people who chirp loud that Hendrix was overrated…which just proves their utter ignorance and lack of knowledge of guitar playing as a whole. BTW that Chiddy Bang song is pretty catchy and cool…I heard it on MLB Network too. :good:

Yeah, I'm not saying he wasn't a great artist and player, it's just not my type of music... And yeah, I've always likes that song and when I heard it on MLB I kind of laughed. :p Some of their other songs are great too. I'll probably post some in the future.

By the way, the spoiler tag is just [ spoiler ]. Learned it for things like wrestling results on other boards. :p