The Music Thread

rroy0824

By the way, the spoiler tag is just [ spoiler ]. Learned it for things like wrestling results on other boards. :p

Man, thanks for showing me the "spoiler" tag code. I can't say I don't learn something from this site practically every day. And thanks again for re-booting this thread; it's great check out music selections that we either had forgotten or hadn't known about. :clapping:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, thanks for showing me the "spoiler" tag code. I can't say I don't learn something from this site practically every day. And thanks again for re-booting this thread; it's great check out music selections that we either had forgotten or hadn't known about. :clapping:

Yeah, no problem... It is cool. I like seeing others taste in music. I just wish that more then us 3 were participating.

Well i think ill stop being anti-social and post in this thread lol.

This is what i like at the moment. REALLY into these guys, and if you know who they are, im not a "new" fan. The first time i heard them was like a smack in the face. Sat up out of my chair, "WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!". blew me away.

One concert that I am sad to say I'll never get to go to, The Beastie Boys. I always liked their music and always felt like they were just out there having fun. It is really sad that MCA died of cancer. I would of loved to see them, but never got the chance.

I'll just post these for now:

Also, I think this video is all kinds of awesome:

This is what i like at the moment. REALLY into these guys, and if you know who they are, im not a "new" fan. The first time i heard them was like a smack in the face. Sat up out of my chair, "WHO THE HELL IS THIS?!". blew me away.

I actually kind of like this song. I wouldn't say I'm a really big fan of A Day to Remember, but I know people who are and this and some other songs are not that bad at all.

All I can say is that I am getting an education from you two guys.

:lol: Haha, yeah our tast seem a little different, huh? Like I said before though, that is a good thing. Makes the thread more fun. I honestly like most types of music out there though. Songs you guys have posted I've known and liked for awhile. I love bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Ozzy, Motley Crue and other rock bands like that. I range all over the place. I've been posting the songs I have just to change up the thread a little bit and put some newer songs out there. The Beastie Boys just happen to be one of my favorites groups of all time. Licensed to Ill is one of the best albums of all time in my opinion. They were a great group.

the beastie boys are definitely on my ipod. heres another band i really like. Similar genre to ADTR. This is the music i like nowadays. Growing up i loved listening to classic rock on the way to school with my parents. Other kids in my class were listening to the backstreet boys, i was listening to the doors and boston lol.

I'm surprised Def Leppards drummer is still around. Isnt he missin both his arms now? He has to bang the drums with his feet and his head. lol J/K. Yes they were a great band. Here ar e a few random tunes I'm listening to: Eruption/You really Got Me Now by Van Halen. Eddie's guitar solo and two handed arpeggio still give me goosebumps. Piano Sonata #8 in C-Major(Pathetique) by Ludwig Van Beethoven. Mess of the Blues by Elvis Presley. And Delilah by Tom Jones.... :good:

Def Leppard's Bringin' on the Heartbreak has always been one of my favorites. These guys were very good during the early 80's but were hit by some very bad luck. They are still around today but no where near the samee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiR71VvCYks

I'm a big fan of Def Leppard. Great song!

Gotta love this Aerosmith version of "Dream On" with Orchestra.

Not a bad one. I'm posting one using an orchestra one today too.

Yeah, I've been lost from this site for a while but I'll try to be here more regularly :)

Glad you are back!

This song is Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven but with no vocals. It's a symphonic version of the song and it's about a ten minute song which can be listened to in one of two ways. You can blast it as loud as you want to hear every cymbal and drum beat perfectly or you can play this song as a perfect background piece while you are writing an e-mail or something. I've listened to this both ways and it sounds great either way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkKScW1Rx0s

To go along with HFLR's Aerosmith post (which is a great song by the way) todays song will be Aerosmith's and Run-DMC's Walk This Way. A great mix between two great bands. Run-DMC is another band I wish I could have seen live. Sadly, it won't happen.

I'm not the biggest Wiz Khalifa fan, but I really like this song. It's been used on TV here and there for different sports. I think it was played during the X Games for their videos.

I'm going to post the clean version first and then I'll post the normal version in the spoiler tag. The reasoning is the language isn't the best and the N word is used a lot.

Anyway, here is the clean version:

Here is the normal version/video:

Warning for language:

I love this song and it was one of his songs that really got me listening to his music. Right now he is one of my favorites. Again, if you never heard of him, he is worth listening to. There are a lot of great lines in the song and it flows pretty good.

Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks (Clean):

Normal Version:

Warning Language:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPxoVQiIGo