Tradeing Deadline Roster And Portrait Pack

cool gun man 23

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, would have thanked you earlier, but I had no idea it had been released as it was not mentioned by BSU-FAN in this thread. Big Thanks for the roster update, indeed a massive overhaul and I really appreciate it. However, I do feel that some of the player ratings are way off, at least 6 players, if not more, are rated higher than Pujols? SP Felix Hernandez of the Mariners who is the best pitcher in the Majors currently (if not always) had an 89 rating which is clearly way too low.

This is not a big deal, easily adjusted ratings to a more realistic standard and now I can't wait to start a Franchise! Believe me, this is not a criticism, just an observation. Thanks again BSU-FAN, immense work went into this and in terms of who is playing where, who is on the disabled list or not, it's all correct and this is by far the best roster out there!!!

Edited by makrothumia24

My apologies, would have thanked you earlier, but I had no idea it had been released as it was not mentioned by BSU-FAN in this thread. Big Thanks for the roster update, indeed a massive overhaul and I really appreciate it. However, I do feel that some of the player ratings are way off, at least 6 players, if not more, are rated higher than Pujols? SP Felix Hernandez of the Mariners who is the best pitcher in the Majors currently (if not always) had an 89 rating which is clearly way too low.

This is not a big deal, easily adjusted ratings to a more realistic standard and now I can't wait to start a Franchise! Believe me, this is not a criticism, just an observation. Thanks again BSU-FAN, immense work went into this and in terms of who is playing where, who is on the disabled list or not, it's all correct and this is by far the best roster out there!!!

I do not know if BSU-Fan based the new ratings on the current 2k ratings or he edited them based on his own opinion. If he used 2k's numbers and put them into his file then blame 2k. Ugly ratings are their business. :D

If he did it based on his own opinion then the problem is that different persons have different views on the same thing. You never will find a common base for ratings. I discussed this multiple times with different guys, won't be possible. ;)

Just a thought, no offense!

I do not know if BSU-Fan based the new ratings on the current 2k ratings or he edited them based on his own opinion. If he used 2k's numbers and put them into his file then blame 2k. Ugly ratings are their business. :D

If he did it based on his own opinion then the problem is that different persons have different views on the same thing. You never will find a common base for ratings. I discussed this multiple times with different guys, won't be possible. ;)

You are right, no offense taken! As mentioned, it is an easy fix, already did it and now I am psyched for a Franchise :good:

thanks BSU great work.

but i have a couple of question

- why there is betancourt on mets? he still not a feee agent ?

- I have notice that there is some playes with a genereic cyberface..and in your roster have different CF ID like mayberry, stutes, duda etc..

thanks BSU great work.

but i have a couple of question

- why there is betancourt on mets? he still not a feee agent ?

- I have notice that there is some playes with a genereic cyberface..and in your roster have different CF ID like mayberry, stutes, duda etc..

The Betancourt one I missed so thanks for the heads up and if anyone notices others please let me know. There probably are a couple other players that were released and are still somewhere in the minors. For some reason some releases are never mentioned on any of the websites I use like mlbdepthcharts.com and mlbtraderumors.com for up to date transactions. So those missed players I have just had to catch on my own and with the 25 man rosters quickly approaching I didn't spend as much time organizing the minor leagues as I have in the past. So I'm sure there is still a couple out there but out of 2250 players I looked at I'd say 2 or 3 missed releases isn't bad. Also to comment on ratings I used 2k's most recent ratings and to thier defense they have updated every single player at the MLB level fairly extensively throughout the season so unless they are just coming up with this stuff out of thin air I will trust they are using some kind of system when giving player ratings.

One player who is a free agent since a couple of weeks at least is Jorge Cantu, who you in the Salt Lake Bees (AAA of LA Angels). But you are right. Sometimes you only find out if a player is an FA when you google directly for their name or something like. Seems that there arent't too much websites that cover all transactions.

Perhaps you get help from here: http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/category/transactions/

Edited by wudl83

The Betancourt one I missed so thanks for the heads up and if anyone notices others please let me know. There probably are a couple other players that were released and are still somewhere in the minors. For some reason some releases are never mentioned on any of the websites I use like mlbdepthcharts.com and mlbtraderumors.com for up to date transactions. So those missed players I have just had to catch on my own and with the 25 man rosters quickly approaching I didn't spend as much time organizing the minor leagues as I have in the past. So I'm sure there is still a couple out there but out of 2250 players I looked at I'd say 2 or 3 missed releases isn't bad. Also to comment on ratings I used 2k's most recent ratings and to thier defense they have updated every single player at the MLB level fairly extensively throughout the season so unless they are just coming up with this stuff out of thin air I will trust they are using some kind of system when giving player ratings.

like in NBA2k I use only modded roster ( I use my friend's Albys roster)

I'm not an expert of baseball, and I see there is 1 million players...and every single day a transaction movement :shok: . impossible to follow this and player the game. if I follow every single movement I never start my season.

In my opinion the only way to follow transactions at a proper rate is to look at the official mlb.com homepage and the minor league transaction homepage I posted and NOT care about players that get called up, get sent down, are designated for assignment, put on the DL, etc.

One simply should look for the terms "signed", "traded", "released", etc.

So you do not have to look for transactions every day, perhaps every 2-3 weeks would be enough.

Otherwise there would be so much work coming to you, BSU-Fan, that it could not be handled. Bad for those who like to play "play now" games, but best option for franchise players, since when starting a franchise you won't have a problem with players that are assigned to the wrong minor league affiliate or aren't on the MLB team when they should be. Because in franchise the AI puts those players on the respective teams/affiliates like it wants to anyway.

Edited by wudl83

Well spoken. Like the poster who says King Felix is currently the best pitcher in the game. Well... like you said, it's a matter of opinion. He just threw a no-no so by doing that should his ratings be increased? I don't think so, even though I agree he should be higher than a 89 rating. He at least warrants a mid 90's rating. Verlander is the highest rated pitcher in the game, even though he's not having the same season as last year.

Well spoken. Like the poster who says King Felix is currently the best pitcher in the game. Well... like you said, it's a matter of opinion. He just threw a no-no so by doing that should his ratings be increased? I don't think so, even though I agree he should be higher than a 89 rating. He at least warrants a mid 90's rating. Verlander is the highest rated pitcher in the game, even though he's not having the same season as last year.

Just cause he threw a perfect game?? Felix Hernandez has been pitching like this for years, I am not quite sure what are you talking about? I mean, a guy this dominant, do not be fooled that he plays for the rather weak Mariners. He's a Cy-Young candidate EVERY year, so please, 89 is not enough. I know you agree about the rating, but this guy pretty much stands alone. Again, he's been doing this forever, has nothing to do with the perfect game (1st in Mariners history).

Edited by makrothumia24

Just cause he threw a perfect game?? Felix Hernandez has been pitching like this for years, I am not quite sure what are you talking about? I mean, a guy this dominant, do not be fooled that he plays for the rather weak Mariners. He's a Cy-Young candidate EVERY year, so please, 89 is not enough. I know you agree about the rating, but this guy pretty much stands alone. Again, he's been doing this forever, has nothing to do with the perfect game (1st in Mariners history).

He's good, but he doesn't stand alone as the game's best pitcher. Verlander does. I agreed with you about his rating in the game. He should be ranked at least with Price, CC, Weaver, Kershaw etc.... Again, my opinion.

Just a heads up to everyone I just released a new version of my roster where i fixed many missed transactions throughout the minors. Still left the ratings the same so those of you that disagree with those can change them yourselves. I updated bating orders and pitching rotations as well for 8/23/12. Also fixed Manny Machado from "Muchado". Thanks to everyone that helped me find small things here and there. Now this roster should be very very accurate and very franchise ready.