Just Got The Game, Any 'must Haves'?

P-Man9

As the title says, I downloading the game from Amazon and should be ready tomorrow. Since I'm new to playing MLB 2k, is there any must haves? Updated rosters is one of the top things on my list, what's the best one out there? Thanks for your time!

for a roster a suggestion would be the no fake name roster. after that just threw the mods section for the game and see what appals to you. there something for about everyone who plays this game. parks, uniforms, overlays, etc, you see as look threw the sections.

As the title says, I downloading the game from Amazon and should be ready tomorrow. Since I'm new to playing MLB 2k, is there any must haves? Updated rosters is one of the top things on my list, what's the best one out there? Thanks for your time!

There are absolutely some must haves! KCCitystar's 2012 Uniform Update, BSU-FAN's NoFakeNameRosters ver.5, DennisJames71's 2012 NL & 2012 AL Stadium updates and right after you install that you overwrite the stadiums with the latest 2012 stadium updates, many of them improved by KCC as well (just released within last couple weeks). RaidersBBall20 2012 Mega Portrait Pack is also recommended. Those are the main updates I got along some miscellanious stuff such as sky texture update, pena21's 2012 accessories pack, TV overlays update...

HAVE FUN!!! With these mods installed you'll feel as if you were there :popcorn:

Edited by makrothumia24

For starters, install this mod. It's community based, so it's a "best of" file that updates all the equipment in the game, adds the umpire memorial patches as well as adding improved visuals. You'll see it when you install it, as it's a dramatic difference.

Secondly, for uniform mods that contain a color list (on the PC version, there is a text file that contains all the proper color values for every team), you are going to have to download the MLB2K12 Roster Editor to import those text files. You also need this editor to assign any downloaded faces to a player if they do not have one in the game already.

Everything else like stadiums/uniforms/faces/portraits are really up to you to install, but a majority of the mods that have come out in the past few months are top notch stuff, with hopefully lots more stuff in the pipeline.

since you are downloading the game, my suggestion would be to create a backup of those original files before you start adding any mods. if something goes wrong and you don't have backup than you wont have a way of starting over. That's why i prefer buying CD version of game.

since you are downloading the game, my suggestion would be to create a backup of those original files before you start adding any mods. if something goes wrong and you don't have backup than you wont have a way of starting over. That's why i prefer buying CD version of game.

Yeah you do, STEAM can re-download the files for you, all you have to do is click the "verify game integrity" option, but it would redownload everything :|

actually if u download the updated stadiums recently released u wont have to get the nl al stadium releases,the updated stadiums have the updated lighting and ads

I didn't think the recent releases cover all 30 parks though, do they? I thought it was at the most 10 parks that are updated to their most recent real-life counterpart...guess I was wrong. Thanks for the info!!

Yeah you do, STEAM can re-download the files for you, all you have to do is click the "verify game integrity" option, but it would redownload everything :|

there is something new i learn everyday.... i like learning learning is fun :) but i would still do backup if my internet gets weird again.

Don't worry guys, I'm new to MLB 2K, but not new to modding. I have 3+ year of modding Madden 08 PC, which I have moved on to console. i will back up. lol Again, thanks for all you help! :good:

Edited by P-Man9