2012 Mod Crashes

Seven7

You all did a great job putting this together... as much as I have seen of it. Not complaining because it really does look amazing and I can't wait to dig into it but I am wondering if anyone else had this issue... My game crashes at a lot of different spots. If I go into Manage Rosters and Create/Edit Player and select a player, it crashes. If I try to start a Season and begin a game, it crashes. Sometimes it crashes during start up before It gets to the mouse click start position.

I put in a clean install and ran the EA Sports updates before running the mod. I had the wrong ages, as in some players were 14 years old when I started my season so I ran the schedule_updater and that fixed the ages. Still no luck with the crashing. I am going to do another reinstall if anyone else has not had this happen. I didn't see a patch since you guys released this... unless I am missing something.

Thanks. Can't wait to get started!

Hello, I really need help, after install mvp 12 and patches (obviouslly) and the Baseup! Roster phase 6 and before, my game crash after begin a season, the most upset point is that its happens after 1 month, 3 weeks of games...any help with that, some trick to avoid that, thats hapen to me in 2 differents seasons...clean instal of mvp 2005 -- official patches --mvp 2012 mod -- 2 patches -- baseup! roster phase 5 and then phase 6...thks a loooootttt!

If searching on this site was as easy as searching for lost keys I would have found the patches by now. ; )

It was actually extremely simple to find the patches. I found them with 3 mouse clicks:

1. Click "Downloads" at the top of the main screen

2. On the Download page, click "MVP Baseball 2005" (1st entry under "Categories on the left of the screen)

3. Scroll down and click "Total Conversion Mods" on the left side

Voila! The following page comes up: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=42

3 mouse clicks. It doesn't get much easier than that!

I've been on here 7 years and I can't even do a proper search. I had tried but came up empty before I posted so thanks for pointing me there. It didn't do anything to fix the problems, though. I am going to uninstall everything and do another clean install and see what that does.

If searching on this site was as easy as searching for lost keys I would have found the patches by now. ; )

Hahahahahaa

It was actually extremely simple to find the patches. I found them with 3 mouse clicks:

1. Click "Downloads" at the top of the main screen

2. On the Download page, click "MVP Baseball 2005" (1st entry under "Categories on the left of the screen)

3. Scroll down and click "Total Conversion Mods" on the left side

Voila! The following page comes up: http://www.mvpmods.c...oads&showcat=42

3 mouse clicks. It doesn't get much easier than that!

Jim there are some people who sign up in here and think that by making three mouse clicks is three mouse clicks too many. They want you to do the work for them.

Hello, I really need help, after install mvp 12 and patches (obviouslly) and the Baseup! Roster phase 6 and before, my game crash after begin a season, the most upset point is that its happens after 1 month, 3 weeks of games...any help with that, some trick to avoid that, thats hapen to me in 2 differents seasons...clean instal of mvp 2005 -- official patches --mvp 2012 mod -- 2 patches -- baseup! roster phase 5 and then phase 6...thks a loooootttt!

With the roster that you are using and any roster without a full minor league system, your game will crash during the early part of a season when an injury or suspension occurs. Every minimum roster requirement must be met and every lineup and rotation spot and closer spot must be filled for the game to continue without crashing. When an injury or suspension occurs and the roster cannot fullfill any requirement as a result of the incident, your season will crash. You also need a well-populated free-agent list. Most Total Conversion Mods and rosters that specify MLB-focused will have this problem if you do not turn injuries and suspensions off in your Gameplay Preferences before starting a season. Personally, I only attempt season or dynasty play with a roster that has a full minor league because I believe that injuries and suspensions are part of the game and add drama to the day-to-day soap opera that is Major League Baseball. But that's just me. Edited by oldtimey

With the roster that you are using and any roster without a full minor league system, your game will crash during the early part of a season when an injury or suspension occurs. Every minimum roster requirement must be met and every lineup and rotation spot and closer spot must be filled for the game to continue without crashing. When an injury or suspension occurs and the roster cannot fullfill any requirement as a result of the incident, your season will crash. You also need a well-populated free-agent list. Most Total Conversion Mods and rosters that specify MLB-focused will have this problem if you do not turn injuries and suspensions off in your Gameplay Preferences before starting a season. Personally, I only attempt season or dynasty play with a roster that has a full minor league because I believe that injuries and suspensions are part of the game and add drama to the day-to-day soap opera that is Major League Baseball. But that's just me.

This sounds like what happened to mine. I've played about 15 games on Season Mode and now it just freezes when trying to Simulate up to the day's games. I think in the last game there was an injury on the opposing team.

Can it be repaired midseason or am I going to have to restart Season mode and turn off Injuries and Suspensions? I'm with you that I'd rather have injuries on as it's part of the game, but I'd also like a functioning game.

This sounds like what happened to mine. I've played about 15 games on Season Mode and now it just freezes when trying to Simulate up to the day's games. I think in the last game there was an injury on the opposing team.

Can it be repaired midseason or am I going to have to restart Season mode and turn off Injuries and Suspensions? I'm with you that I'd rather have injuries on as it's part of the game, but I'd also like a functioning game.

You can get your roster restarted by using the program MVPEditor. While your season is running, you can minimize the game, start the program, load the injured player, then make his injury "none" and days off "0." This will make him able to be utilized by you or the computer manager to fill in the open slot that caused your freeze if he is not on the disabled list. If he is on the DL, then you are out of luck. You would have to scrap the league and start over with injuries and suspensions turned off. Now I have played seasons with this game since it came out and I have found that if you start a season using a roster with a full minor league with every requirement fulfilled plus a well-stocked free agent roster, freezes and crashes never happen. If a roster has injuries or suspensions that place it under the requirement set, the game will generate fictional players at the Class A level, causing players already occupying the Class A roster to be promoted to AA, AA players to AAA, AAA players to the Majors when the injured player heals or suspended player is eligible. All MLB teams must have 25 players, with all lineup spots filled (both dh and non dh). a full 5-man rotation and closer. Minor league teams, I think, must have at least 20 players with all lineup spots filled, a full 5-man rotation and closer. If any of these requirements are not met, the game will crash when starting a live game and freeze during sims. I hope this helps. Edited by oldtimey

You can get your roster restarted by using the program MVPEditor. While your season is running, you can minimize the game, start the program, load the injured player, then make his injury "none" and days off "0." This will make him able to be utilized by you or the computer manager to fill in the open slot that caused your freeze if he is not on the disabled list. If he is on the DL, then you are out of luck. You would have to scrap the league and start over with injuries and suspensions turned off. Now I have played seasons with this game since it came out and I have found that if you start a season using a roster with a full minor league with every requirement fulfilled plus a well-stocked free agent roster, freezes and crashes never happen. If a roster has injuries or suspensions that place it under the requirement set, the game will generate fictional players at the Class A level, causing players already occupying the Class A roster to be promoted to AA, AA players to AAA, AAA players to the Majors when the injured player heals or suspended player is eligible. All MLB teams must have 25 players, with all lineup spots filled (both dh and non dh). a full 5-man rotation and closer. Minor league teams, I think, must have at least 20 players with all lineup spots filled, a full 5-man rotation and closer. If any of these requirements are not met, the game will crash when starting a live game and freeze during sims. I hope this helps.

Thanks for tips, but if it is indeed the guy I think it is that screwed things up, he was out 33 days for fractured hand and put on DL. I used Ty Wiggins Disabled List editor to get him off the DL but when I read my Season with SavReader it still shows him with the fractured hand. And he actually got moved to Rookies somehow.

I thought I was on to something with the DL editor but I guess not. And I don't see anything in MVPedit where you can change the Injury to none and days to zero. Where's that at?

Thanks for tips, but if it is indeed the guy I think it is that screwed things up, he was out 33 days for fractured hand and put on DL. I used Ty Wiggins Disabled List editor to get him off the DL but when I read my Season with SavReader it still shows him with the fractured hand. And he actually got moved to Rookies somehow.

I thought I was on to something with the DL editor but I guess not. And I don't see anything in MVPedit where you can change the Injury to none and days to zero. Where's that at?

The program is "MVPEditor"; not "MVPEdit." These are 2 different programs. MVPEditor is used to edit an active dynasty or owner save while it is running. When you run MVPEditor with your game minimized in the background (by pressing the <windows> key), you will find fields for injury and days injured, with suspensions included in the list of injuries. When done with edits, make sure you save your changes, maximize your game and you will see the edits you made. You might not be beware of this program, as I was not aware of a DL editor. I always thought once a guy was on the DL, there was nothing that you could do but count the days until his return. You learn something everyday. Edited by oldtimey

Yeah. Still no dice. I tried also to install it to an external hard drive and that did not work. That tells me it is something with my PC or the downloads I have.

Anyway, this is what I am doing...

Originally I uninstalled the '08 MOD.

After a couple failures I swept through the registry to clean it up.

Fresh install if MVP 2005.

Ran EA Patch 3.

Unpacked MVP12.7z.

Ran explodeme.exe

TiT patch 1

TiT patch 2

Ran game and it is the 2012 mod that comes up...

Clicked on Play Now, Go!... loading screen starts, kicks me out completely. Tried to go into Rosters and create/edit a player. Started a Season and tried to play a game... same deal.

Am I missing something in there? I am about to install '08 mod to see if it will work. I cannot be this difficult.

Yeah. Still no dice. I tried also to install it to an external hard drive and that did not work. That tells me it is something with my PC or the downloads I have.

Anyway, this is what I am doing...

Originally I uninstalled the '08 MOD.

After a couple failures I swept through the registry to clean it up.

Fresh install if MVP 2005.

Ran EA Patch 3.

Unpacked MVP12.7z.

Ran explodeme.exe

TiT patch 1

TiT patch 2

Ran game and it is the 2012 mod that comes up...

Clicked on Play Now, Go!... loading screen starts, kicks me out completely. Tried to go into Rosters and create/edit a player. Started a Season and tried to play a game... same deal.

Am I missing something in there? I am about to install '08 mod to see if it will work. I cannot be this difficult.

Try this. If you have a profile and an MVPOptions save in your My Documents/MVP Baseball 2005 folder, remove them. Get them out of the folder. Your game will load without these, but once you get in the game, it will prompt you to create them. I exited the game after it started, then tried putting my old Options Sav. file back in the folder because I wanted to keep my old options intact for the new game. Restarted the game and it crashed to desktop. Took out the MVPOptions.sav, and the game started and prompted me to enter my options. I happened to have an old .txt file of my options and All-Star level sliders and entered them manually into the new install (MVP 12) of the game. That did it! I hope this works for you. The only other quirk with this version is during a day in your season when you have a combination of simmed games and a live game, the game will crash if you go from simming straight to a live game. But if I sim up to my live game, save my season, exit and restart the game, I can play the live game with no problem, then sim any remaining games on that day's schedule. This could just be the way my old Windows xp machine has to do it, I don't know. I hope this helps.

I appreciate all the work that went into making MVP 2012. I have played many games of MVP 2005 and modded version of MVP 08 and have rarely had problems with crashing. All of a sudden, using rosters for the 2012 season in the MVP 08 mod, I started having weird crashes. I switched over to the total conversion MVP 2012 mod and installed the patches for it and am having more crashing issues than ever before. As someone above mentioned, it may very well have to do with the rosters and with injuries. I haven't been able to figure it out. I finally decided to install MVP 07, copy the MVP 2012 models, portraits, audios, and uniforms into the MVP 07 game, and I haven't had a crash since- knock on wood.

Hi, does this mod require MVP 2005 to be installed on your PC? There was one iteration of a mod that did not require you to have this already installed (I think), way back in the day. Thanks.

The 2008 mod did not require MVP2005 to be installed, however, it required you to have the discs and it installed the game from disc and then installed the mod on top of it for you.

As Yankee4Life indicated, the 2012 mod requires the game to be installed first before you can install the mod on top of it.