Mlb 2K12 Startup Screen Freezing (Including A Workaround)

wudl83

I tried to start MLB 2k12 some minutes ago and it kept freezing after the startup screen (you know, when all those loading messages come up and the Verlander pic is in the background). After those loading messages there came nothing more. I remembered the problem we had earlier in the season (I think it was the time at the allstar break) where we had this crush happening.

I tried the same today, I changed the system date of my Win 7 to one day back. And guess...yeah, it works again. Seems that everytime when NO game happens in real life MLB the game freezes/crashes, whatever. The 4th of October is the first day after the last regular season games and the game crashes/freezes. Quite annoying, but easy fixable at least.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem here of course.Fortunately i remembered the problem at all star break and set the date of my Win7 one day back.That´s really annoying!!But what will happen after the Worldseries? Will the game delete itself ??? :rofl:

2K doesn't care about PC users, for the better part of the 2012 season MLB Today has not worked and neither has that Living Roster crap. Given that MLB2K12 is the first 2K Sports game I buy on PC (skipped out on PC baseball games after MVP), I wonder if this was a regular thing for 2K11 and the games before it.

I should probably return to MVP :|

2K doesn't care about PC users, for the better part of the 2012 season MLB Today has not worked and neither has that Living Roster crap. Given that MLB2K12 is the first 2K Sports game I buy on PC (skipped out on PC baseball games after MVP), I wonder if this was a regular thing for 2K11 and the games before it.

I should probably return to MVP :|

NO! you should not....you are needed here.

that happened to me, but it wasn't until the beginning of season 2. i half restart the system all together and its fine, but that to be done every time now after i shut down the game, so i leaving it running for now. there was a game shudleed for the with the game, bth in game and real, so i dont if its samething or not.

There won't be any other workaround or patch by now as far as I know. They gave up on this game a long time ago and even more longer they gave up especially on the pc version. A Xbox guy (they got the same problem) over at OS called their tech support and they didn't even know that this bug was happening, nor did they know a workaround. If this guy hadn't read the thread at OS he would not have known how to fix it. :D

The guy from the tech support also said that they might have to throw a patch out for it and since we all know that 2k baseball is dead you know what this means. There won't be a patch...

As I said, yes it is annoying. But this is no bug that won't let us play the game anymore. It takes about 5-10 seconds before starting 2k12 and 5-10 seconds after shutting down 2k12 to set and re-set the PC date. It does not have to be permanently.

Sometimes I wonder how lazy people are getting - not meant as an offense. ;)

And I wonder how much money we can spend on crap but expect a PC game to be perfect when we spend 40 bucks for it...

EDIT:

I do not know if or how we can shut down this living rosters and/or MLB today thing. If we could then I guess we do not have to (re-)set the system date all the time.

Edited by wudl83

As I said, yes it is annoying. But this is no bug that won't let us play the game anymore. It takes about 5-10 seconds before starting 2k12 and 5-10 seconds after shutting down 2k12 to set and re-set the PC date. It does not have to be permanently.

totally agree on that.

ok, its annoying. but frankly glad to be an easy fix.

Guys, I had this problem the first time I played the season, I use franchise mode, control 1 team. I used the woraround fix changing the date and that fixed it. I since have started the same season again, and I'm on August 7th of the season schedule and have not had the problem as of this date. I'm using the roster that was posted online by 2k when i started the season. Don't know if that helps but I thought it was worth throwing out there. If I run into that problem will post.

There won't be any other workaround or patch by now as far as I know. They gave up on this game a long time ago and even more longer they gave up especially on the pc version. A Xbox guy (they got the same problem) over at OS called their tech support and they didn't even know that this bug was happening, nor did they know a workaround. If this guy hadn't read the thread at OS he would not have known how to fix it. :D

The guy from the tech support also said that they might have to throw a patch out for it and since we all know that 2k baseball is dead you know what this means. There won't be a patch...

And I wonder how much money we can spend on crap but expect a PC game to be perfect when we spend 40 bucks for it...

EDIT:

I do not know if or how we can shut down this living rosters and/or MLB today thing. If we could then I guess we do not have to (re-)set the system date all the time.

I haven't figured out a way to shut off the living rosters as of yet. As far as the date thing, yes it is only a few clicks and not exactly strenuous. But, many people need to use their PC's for other things. I have to use mine for work, and changing the calendar seriously messes with programs like, say, MS Project.

I am wondering if disabling internet access will have any bearing on "living season" being loaded.. Will try that later.

I won't be at home until tomorrow/the day after tomorrow, so I am looking forward to your offline testing.

But I do not understand your problem with MS Project or other programs like that. When you run MLB 2k12 you run it normally in full screen, so where does this problem with such programs come from?

Before starting MLB 2k12: set the system date.

After exiting MLB 2k12: re-set the system date.

Should not affect MS Project, etc. ;)

No go on disabling internet access. I also tried deleting the living season file, but it just regenerates prior to the freeze. Re: MS Project -- there is a calendaring feature that runs in the background. So I have to disable that, then change the clock, and do the reverse after I play. Athough my coworkers were amused (not really) when I moved all their meetings for next week up by one day ;)

Of all the games I could become addicted to, why this one? Of course I will continue to play, like any addict needing a fix.. And the possibilities of Vlad's forthcoming editor has my interesed piqued

? do we know its date system issue are assuming this from the last time we hthis going. in my case on a differnt date now then my last post and its on date in the sheudle where there a game in the first week of the second season, why i asked.

This is totally uncalled for!!! 2K Sports must use amatuers for programmers? They new about the problem before and STILL have not fixed it. It is definitely in the code of the game. I even talked to 2K support on the phone and I was told they were aware of this.

I guess our complaints have fallen on deaf ears!

HEY 2K SPORTS!!! WHY DON'T YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS?!?!?!?!?!?