Gordo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Daflyboys’ Sim Game Play Pack

File Submitter: daflyboys

File Submitted: 03 Mar 2013

File Category: Camera/Datafile

Version: 1.4

*All-Star Slider Set

• Works best with accompanying igcrsr file and datafile.txt. Use with your camera choice, though broadcast seems best. Turn off all visuals except for catch circle (i.e., all throw meters, hitter’s eye) For the ultimate challenge, NO bat pre-loading.

*LOC files (front-end and in-game text) – optional

• Several updates since MVP 12 Total Conversion mod

*igcrsr file

• Eliminates displaying post-pitch control circles for poor pitches

*datafile.txt

• Multiple batting adjustments (e.g., ball hit speed, ball size, bat length, etc.)
  • Maintains the WS98 batting view (bat view 4)
  • Classic pitching style (no pitch meter)
  • View directly behind pitcher in pitch 6 option

**Also eliminates the repetitive hecklers comments.

*ingame.big

• Moves pitch meter off the screen for classic pitching effect

The goal of this set up is to make you feel more in the game and rely on the “feel” of the game versus meters and visuals. Therefore to get the full effect it is strongly suggested to use the Bat 4/Pitch 6 camera and, as indicated above, when batting, do not pre-load (i.e., move the directional stick to a particular position, especially up and in). Also this was designed with the Base Up! Rosters for optimal use.

**as always – back up your existing files before overwriting.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I LOVE your sliders, but I cant figure out what to do with the datafile.txt file to get it to work. Tried to rename to datafile.big, obviously thats not the way. Tried to install the whole simgamepack.rar, didnt get it either. I love the view from directly behind the pitcher, and really want to get that into my non-Classics games. Any suggestions? Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Red

Solved my own problem. For anyone else in the furute with the same questions about where to put the datafile, after much digging I figured out that you can just put your choice of datafile in the mvp/data directory. Thanks for again for all your hard work Daflyboys!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I think these are the main sliders that I shifted since the files were published....

Pitch Meter Difficulty: minus 50 (the most difficult)

• CPU Ball Rate: +5
  • User Pitch Control: minus 43
  • CPU Pitch Control: minus 47
  • User Bat Contact: +45
  • CPU Bat Contact: minus 40
  • User Bat Power: +50
  • CPU Bat Power: minus 45

• 2 months later...

Yes, unzip the datafile.txt to the data subfolder. Are you using pitch view 6?

Yes, Pitch 6/Batting 4. Also the pitch circles still show up after a bad pitch.

Also, is the "sweet" spot suppose to be large on the pitching meter with your mod?

Edited by Fx Stryker

Something's up...... you should have no pitch meter and no error circles. Weren't you one of the guys who needed to install the game to the desktop vs. the conventional spot? Did you do that? Also, maybe try not overwriting, but backing up the original file first (rename it something like: xxxxxxx.bak) and then unzipping to the needed sub-folder.

This is why I don't jump on the latest OS's until they're proven practically bug-free. Is there an option to run in XP mode? Just takin' shots in the dark, as I don't know squat about W8.

Something's up...... you should have no pitch meter and no error circles. Weren't you one of the guys who needed to install the game to the desktop vs. the conventional spot? Did you do that? Also, maybe try not overwriting, but backing up the original file first (rename it something like: xxxxxxx.bak) and then unzipping to the needed sub-folder.

This is why I don't jump on the latest OS's until they're proven practically bug-free. Is there an option to run in XP mode? Just takin' shots in the dark, as I don't know squat about W8.

I have been able to get the error circles to disappear. That problem was the whole replacing a file inside /program files on Windows 8 isn't actually replacing the files. Something to do with Windows 8 protection.

But the pitching meter is still there. I have placed the datafile.txt inside the /data directory like needed. And the pitch 6/bat 4 cameras are correct. So is the removal of the pitching meter also tied to that .txt file? Or is there something else I also need to install?

Dafly, If I am using a Hex editor. Would you by chance know what I am looking for inside the Hex code, or the text next to it?

UPDATE: Hey, I got the pitch meter off of my screen. I happened to stumble upon another post of yours.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=54323&p=635926

Shows how to change the pitch meter location manually. Thanks!!! :good:

Edited by Fx Stryker

Boy, do I feel a little stupid. I didn't indicate the correct thing to change and forgot about it being in the fes_ingameoverlay.fel file versus the datafile.

The green zone (since you got to see it before you moved the pitch meter) was made to be that big so that it would be a bit more forgiving since you weren't seeing anything at all.

I will "patch" that file soon after testing.

DOH!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes..... and rename the file you are replacing to have the extension of <.bak> just in case. If you're going to try the entire set up, let me know what you think. I believe I've recently done a little tweaking to the sliders, but that's a matter of preference.

• 3 months later...

Hi Daflyboys, it's been almost 4,5 months since I starts using your sliders, they are really great I only made some little adjustments (as you asked me for feedback)

1) User Pith Difficulty: -25

2) Pitch Speed: 25

3) User Pitcher Fatigue: 0

4) Cpu Pitcher Fatigue: 8

5) Cpu Batting contact: 0

6) Cpu Batting Power: 0

7) User Bunting Ability: 15

Probably I had to increase the Cpu contact and power because I keep using "bigger_pitchmeter_datafile", but the other sliders I change related to Fatigue and Bunting could be tried in your new version.

Hope Helps

Everyone needs to adjust sliders to their ability and liking. I'm going to be publishing my latest tweaks along with the closer (almost) 1P batting camera soon.

I would never go back from pitch speed of 50 since it really mirrors as close to actual MLB pitch speed as you can get (and even then, amazingly it's still not as fast). I originally made all of these tweaks because I wasn't striking out very much with batting cam 1, not that I was winning more games, just not striking out that much. If you end up playing with the batting cam I have AND the sliders it sort of forces you to approach cpu pitchers more like real MLB batters and look to certain zones and perhaps have to guess what type of pitch is coming depending on the count and situation. It's taking some time to get used to the even closer camera, but it's growing on me. CPU pitchers with a good mix of stuff are deadly even with human contact and power maxed out.

• 2 months later...

It's a completely visual thing. That, and you should know your pitchers. Press and hold through the wind up and hold longer for chancier, but more effective pitches; tap or slight hold for less effective pitches, though may produce more of a ground ball or fly out. Punch the pitch button upon the release of the ball from the pitcher's hand. Also as your pitcher fatigues, the longer you hold down the button for effectiveness, the greater the chance you're gonna get nailed by an errant release, as it should be. Also, if you have a menial to poor pitcher to begin with, using his less effective pitches too much is gonna get you in trouble.

Maybe I'll throw together a visual tutorial if I ever have the time.

• 1 year later...

y this is good thing just played with data 1.4,and without pich meter and all star sliders,this is perfect,just like real game,when i play with pitch meter game is to easy,there is no walks,and to many strikes,thx for this mods

• 5 years later...