Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

Hey guys. Since my old thread got closed I finally decided to start a new one to keep you informed on how the work goes on.

As you know last year I worked together with some guys to create formulas to calculate ratings which reflect reality better compared to the original 2k ratings which in most cases are flawed.

I am currently releasing a new Beta every 2-3 days. If you have any questions or tips feel free to ask or inform me.

I hope I can finish the 40-Man Rosters and top prospects for all teams before the start of the regular season.

Done (last update: 03/21/13):

• all players who are on MLB teams are accurate regarding positions, ratings, tendencies and pitches
  • created and edited the missing players who are on the 40-Man Roster of the Orioles, Twins, Phillies, Cards, Tigers, Cubs, Dodgers, Mets, Red Sox, Braves, Giants, Rangers, Mariners, Angels and Yankees
  • created and edited some top prospects of those teams
  • all players of the teams that have complete 40-Man Rosters have gotten contract and service time (+ rookie-eligibilty) edits
  • teams updated: 15/30

Up next:

• create and edit the missing players who are on the 40-Man Roster of the Reds and White Sox
  • create some prospects of those teams
  • edit the contracts and service time of those teams

Link to the current version: http://www.mvpmods.c...s&showfile=7672

I plan to include the schedule and the switch of the Astros. But if there are any major problems occurring I won't do it because then it would not be worth it. Besides that I have stated this a minimum of 5 times until now. Sorry but I will not answer this question again. I have stated this multiple times and the plans have not changed.

It seems that most people are only interested in the new schedule. But when they have the schedule and they get crashes they start crying and blame the roster guys. And yeah, I know that this will happen. :D

So please do not ask me this question again. It is not meant as an offense but it becomes annoying. This was one cause why I first didn't want to open a new thread. The same questions all the time...

I plan to include the schedule and the switch of the Astros. But if there are any major problems occurring I won't do it because then it would not be worth it. Besides that I have stated this a minimum of 5 times until now. Sorry but I will not answer this question again. I have stated this multiple times and the plans have not changed.

It seems that most people are only interested in the new schedule. But when they have the schedule and they get crashes they start crying and blame the roster guys. And yeah, I know that this will happen. :D

So please do not ask me this question again. It is not meant as an offense but it becomes annoying. This was one cause why I first didn't want to open a new thread. The same questions all the time...

To be fair.... The other thread got buried....

Yeah maybe but it was open long enough. Besides that it is stated in the comments below my download.

And as I said it was not meant as an offense. But when you read the same question all the time...you got to know that some guys are also PMing me asking this question. :D

I have not checked the rating , damn ...... ill check them again when i test a few things in the coming week ! ratings in your roster are by far more realistic then any roster yet by a long shot so im sure it will be good :) but will check to see when i do some personal test .

WU, thanks for all your work on this roster project. I've checked out your updates and they look great. I will be starting a new franchise with your roster when the finished project comes out. And no, I won't ask you about the 2013 schedule lol. Actually with the issues I have seen on the posts about the roster, I plan on just using your roster with the 2k12 schedule to avoid running into problems. I would rather just have a great roster, which yours seems to be.

Thanks again.

agree reme im not going to push for the 2013 Schedule because i think its many many test away from being stable anyways so i don't think it would be a good idea if i start a season using it and then the franchise crash ... then i would have to start over , not saying i don't anyways 100 times LOL

WU, thanks for all your work on this roster project. I've checked out your updates and they look great. I will be starting a new franchise with your roster when the finished project comes out. And no, I won't ask you about the 2013 schedule lol. Actually with the issues I have seen on the posts about the roster, I plan on just using your roster with the 2k12 schedule to avoid running into problems. I would rather just have a great roster, which yours seems to be.

Thanks again.

:good:

agree reme im not going to push for the 2013 Schedule because i think its many many test away from being stable anyways so i don't think it would be a good idea if i start a season using it and then the franchise crash ... then i would have to start over , not saying i don't anyways 100 times LOL

Yap I see it in this way, too.

Can you please change the following face ID's to match the cyberfaces that twnlove created. Thank you!

Michael Morse 5555

Mike Trout 2727

R.A. Dickey 3333

Wei-Yin Chen 8889

Yu Darvish 8888

Yoenis Cespedes 7777

You can do that yourself, just get Ty's editor, load the roster and change the id's.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6615

The problem is that I do not know who uses which faces.

There have been Cyberfaces for Trout, Dickey, Darvish, Cespedes, ... before Twnlove released his versions and they got different (IMO more logical) numbers (which match the portrait IDs of those players).

I won't be able to change the numbers in a way that they match for everyone.

To give you a little bit information:

I am still hoping that I can make a BETA version before opening day which includes all the 40-man rosters and some top prospects for every team. Today I did a good amount of preliminary work since all teams confirmed their projected depth charts at mlb.com yesterday. So I edited all lineups and 25-man rosters of the already finished teams (took about 20 minutes for every team; had hoped that I could finish it quicker, but no chance lol).

Besides that I finished the ratings and top prospects of the Indians, Royals, Astros and Athletics (didn't touch contracts and service time).

This means the missing players of 9 teams of the 40-man rosters + top prospects are still to do.

Like I said in the comments below the download I will go on like this:

1) finish all the 40-man rosters and some top-prospects for all teams, but not editing the contracts and service time, otherwise I won't be able to complete the 40-man rosters until opening day; 6 teams are left right now (Marlins, Nats, Padres, Pirates, Rays Rockies); the last 5 or 6 teams I have been editing already haven't gotten any coontract or service time edits;

2) when I got those 40-man rosters I will edit the contracts and service time for the teams that are missing

3) after that I will go on with free agents (ratings, service time, add some FAs)

4) then I gonna try to edit full minor league systems

5) maybe then I will go to the managers

I do not know right now in which version I will include the schedule and Houston in the AL. But I will do it, I only don't know when.

I also plan to edit some managers, but to be honest the work on the roster is killing me right now. I am working 3-4 hours on the rosters every day and it starts to get annoying. After the opening day rosters I think I gonna take a little break but I will release new versions with 3), 4) and 5) - I promise.