Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

Oh well I found a sheet in the roster table using reditor. There you can edit pitch types including names, max and min speed and so on.

There you also can play around with the importance of different things for the calculation of the pitch rating. Maybe this allows a little bit of separation or something like that? Don't know for sure yet what I can do with it, but maybe I can improve something with it. :)

I also can edit the movement of the pitches, but I do not know how it exactly works by now.

We got 3 colums, named, DifVeloc, DifUnexp, DifTraj (named by Vlad, don't know if they are telling us the right or wrong thing).

The numbers in all 3 colums amount to 1, so I think those fields determine how important those 3 fields are for the pitch rating (percentage wise).

In the manual Vlad stated for those 3 colums:

post-95916-0-58130200-1373377285_thumb.j

Let's make an example.

- in the row for the 4 seamer: by default it has DifVeloc 0.5, DifUnexp 0.5 and DifTraj 0.

- in the row for the 12-6 curve: by default it has DifVeloc 0, DifUnexp 0.45 and DifTraj 0.6

I think this means that for the rating of the pitch we get the following calculation in our examples:

- for the rating of the 4 seamer the DifVeloc counts for 50% and DifUnexp counts for 50%, while DifTraj is meaningless.

- for the rating of the 12-6 curve the DifVeloc is meaningless, DifUnexp counts for 45% and DifTraj counts for 60%.

I am more or less sure that DifVeloc simply represents the (max) speed rating a pitch has and the DifTraj represents the movement rating a pitch has.

What I do not know is the meaning of the DifUnexp. It could very well be the control rating. I gonna test that out. (***)

Maybe you remember at the start of the thread where I made some tests how the pitch ratings are calculated and came up with a few numbers and found out that for some pitches the speed doesn't matter? Here is the proof. :)

Look here, I have changed three names already. :D

post-95916-0-33160200-1373376936_thumb.j

(***) EDIT:

The DifUnexp IS the control rating. Now I know what's important for pitch rating calculation and I even can change it.

And since the pitch rating is important for a pitcher being effective with it or not, maybe I can change some things in the roster around. Maybe it will help for gameplay? Don't know yet. Any ideas? :D

What I know for sure is that I can get guys like Sergio Romo who have slow sliders to be way more effective. I simply have to drive up the importance of the movement rating of a slider for the calculation and so the slider will get more effective ingame since the rating will be higher. :)

I also can change the break animations of each pitch but I am unable to find a way to differentiate between different ratings for each pitch.

:)

I adjusted the slider, 2 seamer, cutter and screwball movement a little bit. It now has more of a down and away movement and not only an away movement.

Looks good ingame. Don't know if it changes something regarding gameplay. :D

Oh well I found a sheet in the roster table using reditor. There you can edit pitch types including names, max and min speed and so on.

There you also can play around with the importance of different things for the calculation of the pitch rating. Maybe this allows a little bit of separation or something like that? Don't know for sure yet what I can do with it, but maybe I can improve something with it. :)

I also can edit the movement of the pitches, but I do not know how it exactly works by now.

We got 3 colums, named, DifVeloc, DifUnexp, DifTraj (named by Vlad, don't know if they are telling us the right or wrong thing).

The numbers in all 3 colums amount to 1, so I think those fields determine how important those 3 fields are for the pitch rating (percentage wise).

In the manual Vlad stated for those 3 colums:

attachicon.gifdif.jpg

Let's make an example.

- in the row for the 4 seamer: by default it has DifVeloc 0.5, DifUnexp 0.5 and DifTraj 0.

- in the row for the 12-6 curve: by default it has DifVeloc 0, DifUnexp 0.45 and DifTraj 0.6

I think this means that for the rating of the pitch we get the following calculation in our examples:

- for the rating of the 4 seamer the DifVeloc counts for 50% and DifUnexp counts for 50%, while DifTraj is meaningless.

- for the rating of the 12-6 curve the DifVeloc is meaningless, DifUnexp counts for 45% and DifTraj counts for 60%.

I am more or less sure that DifVeloc simply represents the (max) speed rating a pitch has and the DifTraj represents the movement rating a pitch has.

What I do not know is the meaning of the DifUnexp. It could very well be the control rating. I gonna test that out. (***)

Maybe you remember at the start of the thread where I made some tests how the pitch ratings are calculated and came up with a few numbers and found out that for some pitches the speed doesn't matter? Here is the proof. :)

Look here, I have changed three names already. :D

attachicon.gifpitchname.jpg

(***) EDIT:

The DifUnexp IS the control rating. Now I know what's important for pitch rating calculation and I even can change it.

And since the pitch rating is important for a pitcher being effective with it or not, maybe I can change some things in the roster around. Maybe it will help for gameplay? Don't know yet. Any ideas? :D

What I know for sure is that I can get guys like Sergio Romo who have slow sliders to be way more effective. I simply have to drive up the importance of the movement rating of a slider for the calculation and so the slider will get more effective ingame since the rating will be higher. :)

I also can change the break animations of each pitch but I am unable to find a way to differentiate between different ratings for each pitch.

If your are able to change pitch names, is it possible to add pitches? For example R.A. Dickey throws a slow knuckleball and a fast knuckleball but the game only has one knuckleball that can only be set at one certain speed. Is it possible to rename the knucleball to fast knucleball and make a new pitch called slow knucleball?

It should be possible, no doubt. But I don't know if it will show up with the right name while playing a game.

I am 99,9% sure I could drop a pitch from the games arsenal, e.g. the rarely used Palmball, rename it and make a second knuckler out of it. I could adjust the movement and everything else so while using it in a game it would fly like the already existing knuckler. And you could see it named Knuckleball in a players card.

The only thing I am not sure of is how to make it show up as a knuckler while playing a game. You know you see the circles when pitching with every pitch a pitcher has having a different name, rating and movement. I mean the circles that turn yellow, red, green, you name it. Those circles do not show the same names as the pitches in the a player's card. I don't know why but that's how it is. I didn't find a way to change those names but as long as one could live with throwing a knuckler that's not named knuckler, I could change it.

I hope you do understand what I mean?

It should be possible, no doubt. But I don't know if it will show up with the right name while playing a game.

I am 99,9% sure I could drop a pitch from the games arsenal, e.g. the rarely used Palmball, rename it and make a second knuckler out of it. I could adjust the movement and everything else so while using it in a game it would fly like the already existing knuckler. And you could see it named Knuckleball in a players card.

The only thing I am not sure of is how to make it show up as a knuckler while playing a game. You know you see the circles when pitching with every pitch a pitcher has having a different name, rating and movement. I mean the circles that turn yellow, red, green, you name it. Those circles do not show the same names as the pitches in the a player's card. I don't know why but that's how it is. I didn't find a way to change those names but as long as one could live with throwing a knuckler that's not named knuckler, I could change it.

I hope you do understand what I mean?

I understand. It would be alot more realistic though if you could do that.

Hey wudl83, if I'm not mistaken the pitch names that go around the circles in-game are located in the English.iff file. If this means what I think it means, we will be limited to just number of names 2K provided. We could modify the existing names though Photoshop, but I'm not sure we will be able to get all of the new pitch names to show up on screen. In the English.iff file we are limited to...

7 split change

8 eephus??

14 circle change

16 slurve

19 knuckle curve

21 palm ball

23 screwball

27 fastball

28 changeup

33 sinker

36 knuckleball

42 power curve

45 splitter

49 cut fastball

52 curveball

55 slider

60 12-6 curve

61 2 seam

The only way I see this working is if you create a new pitch for example the "slow knuckler", you would have to get rid of the "palm ball" or another pitch that is not used in the majors a lot. Hope this helps.

I played a game with the Mariners against the Rangers.
Iwakuma vs. Wolf.
I won 10-8 on 13-14 hits.
Wolf had to go after the third (already had given up 8 runs including two homeruns).
Iwakuma had to be pulled after the fifth. Had given up 5 runs (3 earned) and had already over 100 pitches. At least he had 6 K.
Kendrys Morales had 3 rbi for me, including 1 soloshot.
Mike Zunino had 2 rbi for me on a two-run homer.
Raul Ibanez had even 4 rbi for me, 2 coming fro soloshots and 2 coming from a 2-run double.

Who was player of the game? Hisashi Iwakuma. I was like "WTF?"...

Hello,

I found an error in your roster. When you start a franchise with 104 games, there is a pre-season game that you cannot sim by. It is on March 20, 2012; San Diego Padres versus the Cincinnati Reds. You can't sim the game and you can't play it. It effectively stalls and stops your franchise because you can't go past it. Can you fix this? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to tell me what transactions occured. I know them already. I keep track of them all. ;) But thx nonetheless. ^^

Sorry still can't say anything about a release date and feel really sorry about it. I try to work on the roster here and there but I am so busy right now in real life that it is really starting to burn me out somehow. :D

You may have noticed that I don't post here as frequent as I did before.

The only thing I can say is that I promise you that I will release it and that I won't give up on it.

You don't have to tell me what transactions occured. I know them already. I keep track of them all. ;) But thx nonetheless. ^^

Sorry still can't say anything about a release date and feel really sorry about it. I try to work on the roster here and there but I am so busy right now in real life that it is really starting to burn me out somehow. :D

You may have noticed that I don't post here as frequent as I did before.

The only thing I can say is that I promise you that I will release it and that I won't give up on it.

Tell me about it bro, I'm working (I work at a bank) and I'm pursuing an A+ certification course all at once so it's hard to work on my own mods as well. I totally feel your pain. :|

• 2 weeks later...