Wudl's Rating Edited Roster (Beta)

wudl83

@Qbrick:

Thanks, that helps a lot! :good:

@KCCitystar:

Nice, I gonna send it to you. :clapping:

@Herky:

Generally I plan on giving every team only real players with ratings that reflect their real strengths, weaknesses, and so on. So yes, the Cubs are included.

This is just a minor thing, but I found that some players on the new roster have incorrect uniform numbers (e.g. Brandon Barnes, Carlos Pena, a few others). I fixed them myself using Ty's editor (I won't go making that a DL link ;)), but I just wanted to let you know that.

I've been quite busy over the last few days and couldn't work on the rosters as much as I would have liked. Nevertheless I plan on releasing an updated version by the weekend. It should include all the latest transactions, Kccitystar's color update and a full minor league roster for the Dodgers.

Hi there wudl83,

I wondered if you could help me out...I downloaded your latest rosters here and loaded them within the game. When I look through the rosters/lineups/pitching rotations, everything looks perfect. However, when I attempt to select "HOME" to go play a game; the game then freezes every time and I have to CTL-ALT-DEL to exit the program.

My older rosters load and play fine, but I wanted to use your superior rosters instead. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you in advance,

Dennis

Hey DJ71,

Sounds like the problem that comes along with the 2013 schedule being included in the roster. Check the 2013 schedule posts, they explain the info in there. I think you have to rename the roster so it doesn't default to the one with the schedule.

Hey reme,

Thanks so much for responding...I tried renaming the to something like "2K13ROSTER" and it never lets me click "HOME" so that I can just play an exhibition game.

Did you get these rosters to work? If so, could you tell me what you did?

Thank you again,

Dennis

No problem dennis. I am finishing a franchise season with last yrs roster first, so i haven't started one with wudl's roster yet. I copied a post from Toonz earlier that addresses the problem to try and help you.

Here is what worked for me.

1.) Start MLB2K12 with default rosters.

2.) Load WudL's rosters.

3.) Create franchise.

4.) ALT + Tab to desktop

5.) Navigate to where the rosters are stored (Default Windows 7: C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoaming2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves)

6.) Rename WudL's roster (I made a copy before renaming)

7.) Bring MLB2K12 back up and start playing.

Works like a Champ.

Nice job on the rosters WudL! Thank you for all the hard work.

Thanks reme,

I guess I'm stuck on step # 6...I renamed Wudl's roster to "2K13Roster" and went back to thhe game and saw the Franchise I created. However, when I still try to load my new roster (Wudl's)...it still freezes when I try to go to the Home Screen. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Dennis

Ok dennis, i think i solved the problem. I loaded wudl's current roster and had the same problem when i hit "home". Load wudl's roster and you can set lineups etc, but don't hit "home". If you want to play a game use "game modes" and select play and it should be fine. when you finish the game and select quit, same thing, don't hit "home" when you go back to the selection screen. If you want to go back to "home" it looks like you will have to load a diff roster before you do or it will freeze.

reme

Ok, THANK YOU reme...I thought I was going stupid or something. A little while back I downloaded those YouTube rosters and got the 2013 schedule fix working; but I didn't understand what was happening here. I went in and just went to Game Modes and then "Play Ball" and everything worked fine.

Thanks for bringing back my sanity and making my headaches go away. :D

Dennis

Fine! ;)

Hmm...Some guys asked me if I could include my cyberfaces into the roster download or at least upload them so they won't have to change the cyberface numbers of certain guys everytime I release a new roster version.

I understand this topic and so I decided to write PMs to all the different people of who I used cyberfaces personally. E.g. DetroitStyle, howington or Twnlove. Sad thing is I did not receive one single answer. I also realized that some guys that made cyberfaces for 2k12 haven't appeared on the board since last year's december.

Now what should I do? I do not want to provide the work of other people without their permission, but they do not show up here again.

Fine! ;)

Hmm...Some guys asked me if I could include my cyberfaces into the roster download or at least upload them so they won't have to change the cyberface numbers of certain guys everytime I release a new roster version.

I understand this topic and so I decided to write PMs to all the different people of who I used cyberfaces personally. E.g. DetroitStyle, howington or Twnlove. Sad thing is I did not receive one single answer. I also realized that some guys that made cyberfaces for 2k12 haven't appeared on the board since last year's december.

Now what should I do? I do not want to provide the work of other people without their permission, but they do not show up here again.

As for your cyberfaces, you could release a pack with all of them, since if you only want a specific one you can already do that.

In your roster, do players who don't have faces (or have generic faces) have their cyberface numbers changed already or not? Because I think you can release your rosters already 'prepared' for cyberface downloads. So this way, guys won't have to change the numbers manually each time.

Guys who don't have faces should be prioritized over those who only need better faces.

Regarding the other guys' stuff, I agree that you woudln't want to make their stuff available without their permission, even if they don't ever come back. The best you could do is maybe include a readme with the following info:

'This roster is prepared to be used with the following cyberfaces, that were not done by me, all of them available in MVPmods.com:

Arizona Diamondbacks

Player A - Cyberface done by XModder

Player B - Cyberface done by YModder

New York Yankees

ARod Plzretire - Cyberface done by Every1hatesTheAlex

Player C - Cyberface done by XModder'

And you could always recommend that people use some of the other great mods available here, as long as their authors don't see a problem with that.

'This rosters also work best with the following mods:

2013 Jerseys made by Kccitystar

2013 Ballparks made by dennisjames71

etc'

Just using your rosters makes the game better. If you add some of those other mods, it takes the game to whole different level.

Creating accurate, realistic rosters and good graphics is something 2KSports never did and you guys managed to do, little by little, with each mod that's released.

Hey guys.

I looked into Vlad's editor and in the Staff section I can find a position called "Trainer" for every MLB team. Could somebody tell me to which position "Trainer" refers to?

Hey Wudl, the trainer is the person that deals with injuries. If you are not familiar with the term, since i see you are in Germany, it is the same as the physio for the football teams. They have a trainer listed under the staff section for the teams that you can hire/fire etc, but i don't know how much effect the position has in the game.

As for your cyberfaces, you could release a pack with all of them, since if you only want a specific one you can already do that.

In your roster, do players who don't have faces (or have generic faces) have their cyberface numbers changed already or not? Because I think you can release your rosters already 'prepared' for cyberface downloads. So this way, guys won't have to change the numbers manually each time.

Guys who don't have faces should be prioritized over those who only need better faces.

Regarding the other guys' stuff, I agree that you woudln't want to make their stuff available without their permission, even if they don't ever come back. The best you could do is maybe include a readme with the following info:

'This roster is prepared to be used with the following cyberfaces, that were not done by me, all of them available in MVPmods.com:

Arizona Diamondbacks

Player A - Cyberface done by XModder

Player B - Cyberface done by YModder

New York Yankees

ARod Plzretire - Cyberface done by Every1hatesTheAlex

Player C - Cyberface done by XModder'

And you could always recommend that people use some of the other great mods available here, as long as their authors don't see a problem with that.

'This rosters also work best with the following mods:

2013 Jerseys made by Kccitystar

2013 Ballparks made by dennisjames71

etc'

Just using your rosters makes the game better. If you add some of those other mods, it takes the game to whole different level.

Creating accurate, realistic rosters and good graphics is something 2KSports never did and you guys managed to do, little by little, with each mod that's released.

I have included cyberface numbers that fit the cyberfaces that I have downloaded. Changing those numbers back to "normal" because some guys out there could have different cyberfaces for those guys or even no face for those guys would be a way too heavy workload for every version I drop.

The next problem is that normally it works this way: a player has a portrait ID and a cyberface ID and those IDs share the same number. But some people have released cyberfaces with numbers that don't have the same number like the player's portrait ID.

So I changed that since it could be that there could come up issues in the future when a guy releases a cyberface for the player that has the portrait ID that was already irregularly used for the other players cyberface.

And so on...

So I would recommend downloading most available cyberfaces of mvpmods.com and if there are differences in face and portrait ID I would suggest to change the face number to the portrait ID and make them fit.

Easiest thing would be that I release those faces anew with my numbers. But without permission I won't.

@reme: Ah lol okay - physio is more comon for me... Trainer in German means actually the same as coach in English, so I got a little confused...thx

No problem wudl. I figured physio would work for you. I am in the US but have watched english/german league football games forever and got to know the physio name from that. All German champions league final btw.

No problem wudl. I figured physio would work for you. I am in the US but have watched english/german league football games forever and got to know the physio name from that. All German champions league final btw.

Hell yeah, only Benfica can beat German teams!

Regarding the cybarfaces:

Scrap that...just doing the rosters is surely a lot of work. Maybe when you release the final version you come back to that.