New Infield Dirt And Sky Textures

picklebrad

I very excited about this mod. Great job! :drinks: When I finally get done with the roster I am working on and can actually start a franchise... it will feel like a totally new game. Way better than what 2K actually released this year :mad: So a huge thanks to all who are help make this game sooo much better.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys...without further ado, I present to you with the new and improved MLB 2K13! Suck on that The Show! This is what can happen when a group of talented artists get together and create something amazing! I only take credit for the new sky texture, the improved grass and the new and improved dirt texture. I have an FXAA tool running with custom settings which barely effects the frame rate at all! What do you guys think?

8691037203_55376a9b3a_b.jpg8691035969_617d7d54f4_b.jpg8691038413_2a75079d3b_b.jpg8691034787_5e51e64ba4_b.jpg8691039609_8494b4067e_b.jpg8691040891_51aa776954_b.jpg8692160136_534b563628_b.jpg8691044761_a671a53e6b_b.jpg8691032199_e4dba8aa65_b.jpg

Not bad.

Now if you can re-create the Tigers' current tetris-like layout, then I will bow down to you.

I will see what I can do. I haven't been able to change the actual "patterns" of the grass, only the texture and the way it reflects light with the alpha channel. For some reason, the dds file won't open in photoshop. I will see what I can do though.

Really nice work. Looks great. Will we have to run with the FXAA tool also to get your new textures? or will this work like KC's great sky texture download that you just copy into the game file ?

You will not need an FXAA plugin to get the textures. They look great without it as well. I just personally feel that the FXAA makes the entire look of the game "pop" as long as the settings are correct. Otherwise the game looks too blown out. Once I upload the files, you will simply just back up your old Turner Field and Fenway Park before you replace them. They have all of the other mods combined with mine as well, and then the sky textures will be in a folder just like KC's. I think his are great as well so make sure you have them saved before you replace them. I just wanted a different cloudy look to some games. After all, there are more than just 3 different skies daily! 2K just once again cut corners.

Whole. New. Game. Just saying. Great job, you guys actually made this game enjoyable, thank you very much! Just wondering, is there any way to make to tinker with the batter's box lines to make them even more faded? I noticed that they do get ruined after a certain number of innings in the videogame, but at the the end of a game they don't really look like they've been through 9 innings of baseball... Once again, awesome job.

I will see what I can do. I haven't been able to change the actual "patterns" of the grass, only the texture and the way it reflects light with the alpha channel. For some reason, the dds file won't open in photoshop. I will see what I can do though.

I think the problem in Detroit is that they keep patching the field with sod that doesn't match the existing truf. Looks terrible, and I'm sure it's not how they want it :(

Whole. New. Game. Just saying. Great job, you guys actually made this game enjoyable, thank you very much! Just wondering, is there any way to make to tinker with the batter's box lines to make them even more faded? I noticed that they do get ruined after a certain number of innings in the videogame, but at the the end of a game they don't really look like they've been through 9 innings of baseball... Once again, awesome job.

I noticed this also. I will look into it my friend.

Hey picklebrad I was messing around with a Hex-Editor and in the global file stumbled on something that might be of some use to you. If you or someone here knows anything about Hex editing. D.I.R.T. .G.r.o.u.p./.D.i.r.t. .C.o.l.o.r...D.I.R.T. .G.r.o.u.p./.D.i.r.t...D.I.R.T. .G.r.o.u.p./.G.l.o.s.s. .E.f.f.e.c.t...S.C.R.A.T.C.H. .G.r.o.u.p./.S.c.r.a.t.c.h. .C.o.l.o.r...S.C.R.A.T.C.H. .G.r.o.u.p./.S.c.r.a.t.c.h...........UH....

Thanks man. That would be awesome. I can't seem to find a high enough resolution of what I want without it getting blown out or pixelated. I would like a realistic "fluffy" cloud look without being too saturated or the wrong shade of blue. I'll post some tests tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I nailed Fenway's dirt.

I don't know much about the proggress you achieved with it, but in case you need higher textures, I can prepare the file for importing textures up to 4096x4096.

Sure this is not always possible, but if you post what file you want to modify I could test wether it is possible

I wish we could do something with the crowd textures. Honestly, it's the only thing left. We have everything now including great scoreboards and up to date rosters. The crowds just look awful.

It would be easier if we could just change the camera angle for foul balls for when the cpu is up at bat. When the player is up at bat it's not a problem cause you can set home plate camera. But I wish there was the same camera angle available for when the cpu is at the plate and it's hit foul. The camera doesn't zoom on the crowd and you don't see those awful textures.

It's really the only thing missing now.

When can I download so I can look forward to

Still working on some more stadiums. Trying to do my research and get them as close as possible to the 2013 season. I will upload the finished ones by this weekend and continue to work on the others. Thanks for your patience!

Ok...so the ones that I have as close for a version 1.0 are as follows....Fenway, Minute Maid, Angels Stadium and Turner Field. PNC and Oakland are still a work in progress but I will add that one to the final pack as well. I will also include the new sky textures that vary from KC's already amazing work (so be sure to back his files up in a folder). Look for them to hit this weekend.8717458965_9d1c905746_b.jpg8692160136_534b563628_b.jpg8717454983_bb28769805_b.jpg8717452935_21023b1614_b.jpg8718584118_2191464433_b.jpg8718576202_6ff87c9aa8_b.jpg8661806958_d03cedccfd_b.jpg8660715401_09872ab414_b.jpg