It Looks Like The Patch Was Released

crowe1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed and tried it. it started the game without needing to change the date and lists May 21, 2013 on the mlb today screen. Still not connected to 2k server though.

Thanks for the heads up post crowe1.

Thank you for the heads up on this!!! I was weary at first but I installed it and can confirm it works. No more beyondo or changing the system date to play. Not sure the patch addresses any other in game issues but I would be very doubtful.

Thank you for the heads up on this!!! I was weary at first but I installed it and can confirm it works. No more beyondo or changing the system date to play. Not sure the patch addresses any other in game issues but I would be very doubtful.

This is what it lists for the patch at the 2k support site, so I doubt it updates anything else but the startup problem, which is at least something positive anyway.

"A patch for Major League Baseball 2K12 has been released on PC to address an issue where the game would crash at the loading screen."

i just went to sksoprts page and there no metion this anywhere and ther einof in the patch page of this, so im not qute sure this real. just causes about things like this and far so long and the fact ther no pc version this year.

I have the steam verison of MLB 2K12 but I still haven't gotten the update. I tried reinstalling steam but still nothing anyone else having this problem? Or do I have to reinstall the game again?

It'll update on its own. I also have the Steam version.

i just went to sksoprts page and there no metion this anywhere and ther einof in the patch page of this, so im not qute sure this real. just causes about things like this and far so long and the fact ther no pc version this year.

It's on the 2k support page. KC uploaded it here so you can just get it from this site for the dvd version. That is the version I have and it works fine.

It took 440 days for 2K to release a patch for a community that has done a lot for MLB2K12. Shows just how much they care. Whatever.

I think the EXE would work with any non-steam version, I don't think it has to be the DVD-ROM copy of the game. Try it out and see if it works.

It took 440 days for 2K to release a patch for a community that has done a lot for MLB2K12. Shows just how much they care. Whatever.

Too bad we couldn't get 2K to send the game codes to Trues. Then he can send them to you and all of the other great modders and roster makers here. It would end up being the best sports game ever. It pretty much is now actually.

a note to people with the steam version.

It appears that mine downloaded 950 mb of data. Including the patch, it also reset my stadiums, photos, faces, and other mods. Guess I'll be reinstalling those now, darn it all! Luckily, I saved my downloaded files so it won't take "terribly" long, but still . . . .

a note to people with the steam version.

It appears that mine downloaded 950 mb of data. Including the patch, it also reset my stadiums, photos, faces, and other mods. Guess I'll be reinstalling those now, darn it all! Luckily, I saved my downloaded files so it won't take "terribly" long, but still . . . .

aaaaaaand upon loading my game I broke my desk from my rage. EVERYTHING I WORKED ON IS GONE.ASDF JKL; WHY.

just kidding. thank god i archived the day before ;)

I am not at home right now so I can't test it for myself but only to speak of the version (1.2) it is the same version as the patch for Xbox was. I think they addressed a few minor glitches but no game changers.

Here are the MLB2K12 v1.2 patch notes from the console releases:

General

• Hid the Upload options when not signed in.
  • Pitcher fatigue is properly set when loading back into a previously saved game.
  • Fixed problems where screenshots were corrupted prior to uploading to 2k Share.

MLB Today & MLB Today Season

• Fixed crash in MLB Today based on schedule updates
  • Fixed crash when restoring default roster.
  • Fixed to properly use the date/time from the schedule to determine time of day for the game.

Gameplay

• Fixed the rate on bad swing reactions, which was sometimes nearly 2x while player took several steps on camera
  • Improved the look of gathers in certain uncommon situations.
  • Fixed the "auto pitch" bug after a double switch.
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when making decisions to advance and retreat with a ball in play.
  • Improved the playability of rundown throws. Previously they were too hard due to the fill speed of the throwing meter
  • Improved the base runner responsiveness when tagging up and launching from a base.
  • Improved the player’s paths when leaving the field and heading back to the dugouts.
  • Added code that helps eliminate errant check swings and throws to incorrect bases. Mostly for PS3 and PC users.

• Added a missing pause timer in the pitcher substitution menu.
  • Improved the outfielder reaction for online games. Users won’t miss balls that should be caught due to slow reaction times.
  • Adjusted pitch speed slider settings for ALLSTAR and LEGEND difficulty levels. This increases the difficulty for online gameplay.
  • Fixed exchange of team rival information to eliminate a divergence.
  • Exchanged inside edge data prior to franchise invite games to fix a divergence.

My Player

• Fixed bug where game length could be set to 3 innings by setting it in Play Ball.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when looking for season goals.
  • Fixed a bug with career messages not properly adding when the list is full. This issue led to a crash on PS3.
  • Fixed a bug where a pitch speed would decrease after completing a drill reward.
  • Fixed a bug where off-speed pitches decrease in speed after receiving an award from a drill.

2k is a very strange company.

I remember some posts from a guy over at operationsports who was talking to 2k via helpline when those problems occured first and the guy from 2k didn't even know that the problem exists and had to check it out himself first...of course the 2k guy didn't know about a workaround either. :crazy:

I think the EXE would work with any non-steam version, I don't think it has to be the DVD-ROM copy of the game. Try it out and see if it works.

I have the D/DL version of the game, and it works with that as well.