Mvp Baseball 2005 Steam Group

MalibuKiller

If some of you are still interested in playing the game online it would be nice to see you guys around in the steam Group and play ball

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MVP05

players use:

MVP Baseball 2005

MVP Baseball Patch #5
download

MVP 13
download

Bigger Pitch Meter
download

Slider:
default slider

Connection:
Direct IP

Ports:
80,13505,30900-30999 TCP
10001 UDP

It doesn't really explain how this is going to work. I think other than Hamachi, there isn't a viable LAN server, so guys would have to be comfortable sharing IP numbers with each other as the host. There are other factors as well. If a guys is playing wirelessly or doesn't have a dedicated video card, it will lag considerably and be basically unplayable. Also, if the ping rates are over 50.... also unplayable (as the physical distances between the parties is probably over 1000 mis.). You also need a good datafile and an agreement of what sliders to use.

I don't see this going very far, to be realistic.

It doesn't really explain how this is going to work. I think other than Hamachi, there isn't a viable LAN server, so guys would have to be comfortable sharing IP numbers with each other as the host. There are other factors as well. If a guys is playing wirelessly or doesn't have a dedicated video card, it will lag considerably and be basically unplayable. Also, if the ping rates are over 50.... also unplayable (as the physical distances between the parties is probably over 1000 mis.). You also need a good datafile and an agreement of what sliders to use.

I don't see this going very far, to be realistic.

we play it via Direct IP and use the default slider

Hey, I'm interested in playing some online games. I just got into this game a few weeks ago actually. I'm playing on keyboard atm, can't afford a controller. But is there any way to communicate besides steam? I don't even have any games that I would use steam for so I don't wanna install it unless if it's the only way. I have aim and gtalk if we can talk on there.

Edited by SRT

Hey, I'm interesting in playing some online games. I just got into this game a few weeks ago actually. I'm playing on keyboard atm, can't afford a controller. But is there any way to communicate besides steam? I don't even have any games that I would use steam for so I don't wanna install it unless if it's the only way. I have aim and gtalk if we can talk on there.

steam seems the easiest thingy to communicate (group, group forum , chat , voice)