The Other 2013 Season Mod You Won't Find On This Site

Yankee4Life

Last year a group of Latino modders made their own version of the 2012 mod that was released on this site and this year they did it again. The modders that worked on these two mods are not the same ones who work on the Mvp Caribe series. They talk about this mod over at the Caribe website but not even those guys host this mod for them.

The guy that is behind all this is named jeferomer and you may be familiar in seeing his name around here because he's here every day and is usually sifting through the download section to see what he can take next.

As I said, you can not download this mod on the Caribe website. It is hosted on a file sharing site and I am not even going to provide the links for you to get this because all you will be doing is wasting your time. It is a poorly put together mod but there are some good things about it too and I think it is also fair of me to mention those things while at the same time try and explain what a poorly put together piece of work this is.

My first "what the hell" moment came after I installed the mod. Everything was there but they did not provide the executable file to run the game. I couldn't understand it. Here I download the mod and they gave me everything except for the mvp2005.exe file. Never in any season mod that I have downloaded was this necessary file withheld. It was no big deal since all I did was copy the executable from one of my other games and place it in this mod. It worked perfectly but I still should not have had to do this.

Once I got that needed file I started up this mod and to be perfectly honest the opening video for this mod was one of the best intro videos I've ever seen in a mod. It consisted of many different baseball highlight videos combined into one video. I could tell by watching this that someone there has a talent for this. On the other hand if they stole this video from someplace it wouldn't surprise me. The only other thing I came away liking about this mod was the different loading screens that were there.

After the video was done I got into the game and I looked around before I played a game. I saw some uniform mistakes plus a major one that told me a lot about this mod and how it originated. The Angels in this mod are still called the Anaheim Angels and either they did not catch this error or it didn't matter to them.

Now about that major mistake. First I want you to know that I own and still have on my hard drive Mvp 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012 and now 2013. You'll see why I am telling you this in a second. When the 2008 mod came out, someone made the mistake of mislabeling the home uniform of the 1927 New York Yankees. The uniforms really were the 1952 Yankees but they said it was the '27 team. This mistake did not happen in the '06 and '07 mods and it did not happen in last year's or this year's mod. All of these mods the '27 Yankee uniform was correct. Except for the 2008 mod. This fact tells me that this mod is really a stripped down and painted over version of the 2008 mod. Logos updated, screens changed, uniforms added as fast as Dennis James can make them, but this mod is nothing but Mvp 2008 with a new set of clothes.

This mod took a lot of liberties by using ideas from the 2012 mod and one of them was the decision to remove all the classic stadiums and put more minor league parks in the game. Personally I thought it was an excellent idea and it looks great in the 2012 and 2013 mod. You should not be surprised to find out that these same minor league stadiums have made their way into this mod thanks to the pilfering by jeferomer. But as you will see when you take a look at the screen capture of Louisville Slugger Stadium they even messed that up.

Now that I finished looking around this mod and playing around with it I do not need it anymore. All I wanted to do is bring this to everyone's attention in here to let them know what was going on. Dennis James and Kyleb did not consent to having their work being brought into this mod. I checked with them a few days ago about this before I began writing this. It's too bad because they did a good job on the loading screen artwork but everything else in this mod is contributions from other modders who didn't know they were contributing anything.

1/2 star out of five.

Mvp 13 CTS screen
Teams1301.jpg

Here's the team of modders that created this. Note that jeferomer is the leader of this project. He took the mods from this site to create this.
Latino09.jpg

Dennis James is listed in the credits for this mod even though he was (1) not consulted and (2) did not give his permission.
Latino02.jpg

Same goes for Kyleb. These guys took their work, gave them the middle finger while they were doing it and then said oh by the way, thanks a lot.
Latino03.jpg

They've been the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim since 2005 but these guys still do not know it.
Latino04.jpg

Mvp teams 13 continued

Here is the uniform that is supposed to be the 1927 Yankees home uniform but in fact is the Yankees 1952 home uniform.
Latino05.jpg

As you can see, the 1952 Yankee home whites. The patch on the left sleeve was only worn in 1952 and it commemorated the team's 50th year in baseball.
Latino07.jpg

They stole the idea from from the modders of the Mvp 2012 and 2013 mod to use minor league stadiums in this mod. But look closely here. The stadium I am selecting here is the Louisville Slugger Field but you can't tell that by the loading screen here because it's a picture of Olympic Stadium in Montreal.
Teams1302.jpg

Here is an example of one of the loading screens. I took this to be one of the more positive things I could say about this mod.
Teams1303.jpg

If the overlay looks familiar to any of you it is. They stole it from one of the overlays on this site.
Teams1304.jpg

My first "what the hell" moment came after I installed the mod. Everything was there but they did not provide the executable file to run the game. I couldn't understand it. Here I download the mod and they gave me everything except for the mvp2005.exe file. Never in any season mod that I have downloaded was this necessary file withheld. It was no big deal since all I did was copy the executable from one of my other games and place it in this mod. It worked perfectly but I still should not have had to do this.

This was not necessarily an oversight. Very few of the Total Conversion mods actually contain the mvp2005.exe file, since they only change the auxiliary game files (models, uniforms, rosters, audios, etc.) but not the actual game executable itself.

It was only the mods that Kraw created (e.g. MVP2008) and those based upon MVP2008 (MVP12, MVP13) that included the mvp2005.exe file. Kraw re-engineered the file somehow, and that's why, for example, your personal files (saved dynasty, controller config, etc.) go into a separate My DocumentsEAMods folder rather than the normal My DocumentsMVP Baseball 2005 folder.

Other than this one item, I agree with everything else you stated in your critique.

respecting the above who have written one sentence that said the friend Yankee4Life (steal) I think the word is to download all files that are on the page is for download, I think if you have some mistakes or say but details correjir so are human and can make that the important thing is that I edit a game for the enjoyment of others without charging me to participate in this project and fuy advised to create some images load over some names appearing was because jeferomer friend to download some updates to this page for some appreciation author placed his name so that people know that part of the work was done by that person an act of gratitude there are several points I would like to discuss but time could not but the are in what I have time, so I think the work is very good friend jeferomer and agradese is the desire to have to help respect the opinions of all.

respetando todo lo anterior que han escrito hay una frase que dijo el amigo Yankee4Life (robar) creo que la palabra es descargar por que todos los archivos estan en la pagina es para descargarse, creo que si tiene algunos errores o digamos detalles que correjir pero en fin somos seres humanos y podemos incurrir en eso lo importante es que se edito un juego para el disfrute de los demas sin cobrar nada yo participe en este projecto y fuy avisado para crear algunas imagenes de carga, con respecto a que aparecen algunos nombres fue porque el amigo jeferomer al descargar algunas actualizaciones de esta pagina de algun autor el por agradecimiento coloco su nombre para que las personas supieran que parte del trabajo fue realizado por esa persona un acto de agradecimiento hay varios puntos que me gustaria discutir pero por tiempo no pudo pero la are en lo que tenga tiempo, en fin creo que el trabajo del amigo jeferomer es muy bueno y se le agradese las ganas que tiene de ayudar respetando las opiniones de todos.

nani - Just because I release on mod on this site, it doesn't mean that I automatically give others permission to use my work in their mods. Out of common courtesy, I would want to be asked if my work could be included.

Mods are put on this site for others to download and use for themselves. If modders want to allow others to include their work, that's their choice. Most will have not problem sharing their mods if they are just asked.

Let me ask you this -- How would jeferomer feel if I downloaded his MVP13 mod, changed a few menu screens and then released my own Spanish MVP13 mod here, which included all of his work and the other modders' work without asking their permission first? Even if I include his name on the credits page, I have a feeling he wouldn't like it too much.

With all respect Jim we Latinos have another point of view and do not see it that way you're supposed to like modder if you want to create something like you have to exceed expectations and if you want the game out for the start date can not zero, no mvp that took jeferomer basis but I feel happy that someone took a part of your work and include it in your project that means that my work was good and taste, you will want anyone jim down anything you've ridden that even a person tell you you look good job jim good'm not you but I like that and like I said no (theft or plagiarism) nothing only improved to the delight of many people they like the game, (not see the glass half empty half full watch it) try to see the positive in things I put an example here uniforms have taken what I did and have improved by far and I acknowledge my work and I never I never said anything about it because, because I'm glad that my work there is taken into account, is my thinking and respecting the criteria of others

Con todo respeto Jim nosotros los latinos tenemos otro punto de vista y no lo vemos de esa manera se supone que tu como modder si quieres crear algo que guste tienes que superar las expectativas y si quieres que el juego salga para la fecha no puedes empezar de cero, no se que base del mvp tomo jeferomer pero yo me sentiría alegre de que una persona tomo una parte de tu trabajo y lo incluyo en su proyecto que quiere decir eso que mi trabajo fue bueno y gusto, a ti jim te gustaría que nadie bajara algo que tu has montado que ni siquiera una persona te dijera mira jim buen trabajo te quedo bueno no se ustedes pero a mi me gusta eso y como dije antes no se (robo o plagio ) nada solo se mejoro para el agrado de muchas personas que les gusta el juego, (no vean el vaso medio vacío véanlo medio lleno) traten de ver lo positivo de las cosas te pongo un ejemplo aquí han sacado uniformes que yo hice y lo han mejorado y yo reconozco de lejos mi trabajo y yo nunca jamás he dicho algo sobre eso porque, porque me da gusto que mi trabajo allá sido tomado en cuenta, es mi pensar y respetando el criterio de los demás

With all respect Jim we Latinos have another point of view and do not see it that way you're supposed to like modder if you want to create something like you have to exceed expectations and if you want the game out for the start date can not zero, no mvp that took jeferomer basis but I feel happy that someone took a part of your work and include it in your project that means that my work was good and taste, you will want anyone jim down anything you've ridden that even a person tell you you look good job jim good'm not you but I like that and like I said no (theft or plagiarism) nothing only improved to the delight of many people they like the game, (not see the glass half empty half full watch it) try to see the positive in things I put an example here uniforms have taken what I did and have improved by far and I acknowledge my work and I never I never said anything about it because, because I'm glad that my work there is taken into account, is my thinking and respecting the criteria of others

You are still taking people's work in here without their knowledge and permission and putting it in your mod. You guys stole all those minor league stadiums for example. What are you saying? That these modders should be happy that you guys thought well enough of them that you stole their stuff?

The guys who make the Caribe series are the real modders over on that site. You guys just took mods that other people made, slapped them together and then renamed it.

Everywhere permission should be so is a rule out of respect for the property of others should be done in no time have I said otherwise I do not think I understand or I'm using the translator did not translate correctly'm saying is that respect far fuss because they use a base to edit a game with other working parties and if left out or not to recognize or not god again (see the glass half full rather than half empty) I think you are giving more importance they should have and you did not know the friend jeferomer is modder on page mvp here I leave the link

http://www.temp.mvpcaribe.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=96617 # 96617

I think he deserves respect for others work creating destroying pure envy and excuse me if I'm wrong retaking the linia
I agree to respect and permission should always be well not if they are ordered but the idea is that EDIT bring an MVP for many with parts of other well say it but he took his time to work for others thanked for that time and that's what counts respecting the different criteria of this intersection of ideas here'm NANI1379 and Eckie page'm GUARO1379 greet everyone and respects your opinion

En todos lados debe ser así pedir permiso es una norma que por respeto a la propiedad ajena debe hacerse en ningún momento he dicho lo contrario creo que no me entendieron o el traductor que estoy usando no lo tradujo correctamente estoy diciendo que lejos del respeto esta que tanto alboroto porque se uso una base para editar un juego con partes de trabajo de otros y que si salió o no salió en el reconocimiento o no por dios repito (vean el vaso medio lleno NO medio VACIO) creo que ustedes están dándole mas importancia de lo debido ha y si no lo sabían el amigo jeferomer es modder en la pagina mvp aquí te dejo el link

http://www.temp.mvpcaribe.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=96617#96617

creo que merece respeto por trabajar creando para otros que destruyendo por pura envidia y si estoy equivocado me disculpan retomando la linia

estoy de acuerdo con el respeto y el permiso siempre debe ser asi no se si el se los pidió pero la idea que traigo es que EDITO un MVP para muchos con partes de otros pongamos que sea asi pero se tomo su tiempo para trabajar para otros que le han agradecido por ese tiempo y eso es lo que vale respetando los diferentes criterios de este cruce de ideas aquí soy NANI1379 y en la pagina MVP Caribe soy GUARO1379 saludas a todos y se respeta su opinion

My wife knows English but not translated and tube likes to find a translator and told me that translates as a short Indian words and in some cases the word translates well excuse me if I offended someone's all.

mi esposa sabe ingles pero no le gusta traducir y tube que buscar un traductor y me dijo eso traduce como un indio corta las palabras y en algunos casos no traduce la palabra bien disculpenme si ofendi a alguien es todo.

My wife knows English but not translated and tube likes to find a translator and told me that translates as a short Indian words and in some cases the word translates well excuse me if I offended someone's all.

You didn't offend. There's just a very obvious language gap here where you are not fully understanding what is being said here only because English is not your primary language,which is not a problem at all. I would have (and do) have the same misunderstandings of what people are posting when I am on the Mvp Caribe website.

decite brother if I may so what I say is that we leave behind the egosentrismo and let us help siblings are all for the same cause and have a game we all like it, if I get something and your dress that I have a mistake or not okay, hasmelo respect as we know now talking to us but not with false things that I focused on (download and not stealing) greetings and respect I say goodbye

hermano si me permites decite asi lo que yo digo es que dejemos atras el egosentrismo y ayudemonos entre hermanos todos estamos por una misma causa y es tener un juego que nos guste a todos, si yo saque algo y tu vistes que tengo un error o no esta bien, hasmelo saber con respeto como estamos hablandonos ahora pero no con falsas cosas por eso me enfoque en (descargar y no robar) saludos y con respeto me despido

fijate without going too far the mvp 13 was published here mvp 13 mods on resents page I download my work here is the 3 estadium I modify and translation in Spanish that I modify and yet I did not say anything glad that I only used my work for the game are what I mean by that between brothers must help now I can aver mvp competition between yours and do the Latin that's good healthy competition but I do not understand good stretch hope to understand my point of view and I like the debate of ideas happy afternoon for all

fijate sin ir muy lejos el mvp 13 que se publico aqui mvp 13 de la pagina mods el resiente que yo descargue aqui tiene de mi trabajo los 3 estadium que yo modifique y la traduccion en español que yo modifique y sin embargo yo no he dicho nada solo me alegre de que utilizaran mi trabajo para el juego ven lo que me refiero por eso debemos ayudarnos entre hermanos ahora que pueda aver competencia entre mvp el de ustedes y el que hacemos los latino eso es bueno pero una competencia sana entienden bueno no quiero alargar espero entiendan mi punto de vista y me gusta el debate de ideas feliz tarde para todos

nothing just wanted to say mvp for all I mean that all play just a game mvp

No kidding. We all know this this game is for everyone and no one has ever said that it wasn't. But the reason why this thread was made was to show everyone that you guys who made this Mvp Teams 13 mod took most of your stuff from other modders and you didn't bother to ask them before you did it. Look at those minor league stadiums you have in this mod for example. That wasn't your idea at all. You guys took it from the 2012 mod on this site. No one is trying to prevent you from playing the game. You guys just went about this wrong.

Saludos pana Guaro, te explicaré un poco la postura de Yankee4Life sobre el mod 2013.

Desde hace más de 8 años, se ha creado un código de ética (algo así como las reglas no escritas del béisbol) respecto a los mods que hacen los fans. Se supone que antes de utilizar el trabajo de alguien más en algun proyecto de MVP, se le manda un mensaje privado y se le pregunta si se puede usar el mod en la versión o el proyecto que tengas (algo que siempre se ha hecho en MVP Caribe).

Vamos a poner un ejemplo, los estadios. Digamos que Pirate (miembro de mvpmods) hace una versión del Citi Field de los Mets, si alguien quiere meter el estadio a una versión nueva del MVP (como el Latino) o modificar dicho estadio tiene que mandarle un mensaje a Pirate y pedirle permiso, así mismo para todo (uniformes, caras, audios, portraits). Yo pienso que ese gesto de "pedir permiso" es lo que ayuda a mantener viva a varios de los modders de la vieja guardia por así decirles ya que se quedan alegres si su trabajo es mostrado en otras versiones y así se motivan a modificar más, pero si no se le notifica y luego ve su mod en otro lado sin que le den crédito (o lo más importante, le pidan permiso) es algo que desmotiva y molesta a la gente, llegando a tal punto que dejen de hacer mods y perdamos a gente muy valiosa de nuestra comunidad.

Para hacer un completamente desde cero se tiene que agarrar el MVP 2005 limpio o hacer una lista de mods que quisieras integrar a una versión (por ejemplo, MVP Latino) pedir permiso y aparte dar créditos dentro del juego, así le ha hecho MVP Caribe desde el inicio en la sección de Créditos del videojuego.

Te gustaría que alguien publicara tu trabajo y que alguien dijera que es suyo? Te doy otro ejemplo, en MVP Caribe sacamos una versión 2009 del Clásico Mundial de Béisbol, fue un gran acierto, pero a los días nos encontramos con una versión idéntica del mod del WBC 2009 donde sólo cambiaron unas imagenes y la pantalla de selección de uniformes, lo demás era idéntico y nunca pidió permiso. OJO, no estoy diciendo que el MVP Latino sea así, es un ejemplo de que se debe de pedir permiso para mantener el código de ética que ha mantenido a esta comunidad por más de 8 años.

PD: Y sí, Jeferomer ahora forma parte del equipo que hace MVP Caribe ya que yo pienso que hace muy buenas faces y ya me demostró que puede hacerlas ya que lo puse a prueba con unas. Es muy buena persona, he hablado con él los últimos días y se ve que es una grán persona, es sólo que no conoce sobre el código de ética...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Nani, I'll explain to you that Yankee4Life tries to say about the 2013 mod.

For over 8 years, this community has created a "frienship code" (something like the non-written rules of baseball) about the mods that the fans create. It's supposed that you should send a message to the owner or creator of a mod before you use their work on a new version or a new edition of the mod (it's something MVP Caribe has always done).

I'll give you anm example, stadiums. Let's say Pirate (MVPmods member) creates Citi Field of the New York Mets. If someone wants to include the stadium in a new version of MVP (like the MVP Latino) or modify that stadium, Pirate should be nottified and ask for permission, that works for everything (uniforms, faces, audios, portraits). I think that gesture of "asking for permission" is what helps our community stay alive because the modders get recognized for their work and motivates them to keep it up, but if you don't ask for permission and they see their work somewhere else they would get mad to the point that they'd stop making mods because they aren't being recognized for something they made, losing very important people of our community.

To create a Total Conversion Mod you should take the original MVP 2005 and modify it, or, make a list of mods that you'd like to put in your version and ask for permission (for example, MVP Latino) and give credits, that's what MVP Caribe has done since 2007 in the credits section of the videogame.

Would you like it if someone publishes your job without giving credits? I'll give you another example, MVP Caribe released WBC Caribe in 2009 and it was a huge hit, but, few days later we found or version being upladed to another site with a few changes (loading screens, backgrounds and uniform selection screens) and the guy said it was his! HEY, I'm not saying MVP Latino is like that, it's just an example of what should be done to mantain the "friendship code" that has mantained this community on for more than 8 years.

PS: And yes, Jeferomer is now in the MVP Caribe Team because I think he makes really good faces, I know he has because I asked him to do a very hard face and he did deliver. He's a great guy, I have talked with him a lot on this past few days and I dont think he wanted to make the MVP Community feel mad with his version, he's a nice guy but he doesn't know the friendship code, maybe he was lost in the translation, I don't know, but I think he didn't do it on purpose.

Please American friends
now complaining of plagiarism,
when I edit the fifa 07 to look like 2012.
Although 40% of the elaboarcion was mine,
the remaining 60%,
I take things from other mods that just were in the USA and Argentina,
did not complain
felt rather proud that their works are in my mod and thanked me. though I was the returned to each.
also gave credits to the overall website where I got things
take.
I do not understand this nonsense of permits,
sientanse well with the game,
mvp are mods.
what is the problem, would not it be improved?
are also hurt because jeferomer, improved a little mod.

This well in 2014 will be given a battle of ideas and ready. Then people decide which is better, but better is to help each other, to be quarreling like children.

He gave credit to the finals mvp baseball team in 2013,
in Angels of Anaheim (he says so usual in Latin America) is logical that the other name was not in the box or you will found the solution,
besides error is on any human being, or I will say that you did not have errors in their mods.

With this term, do not take ill what I said,
take it like a reflection,
who joined American sibling,
you can create a mod much better in 2014.............

Edited by Alexxmann

For over 8 years, this community has created a "frienship code" (something like the non-written rules of baseball) about the mods that the fans create. It's supposed that you should send a message to the owner or creator of a mod before you use their work on a new version or a new edition of the mod (it's something MVP Caribe has always done).

Yes that's right. That rule has always been around here that you have to ask the original modder if you can use their work and you guys who make the Caribe mod have always followed it.

Would you like it if someone publishes your job without giving credits? I'll give you another example, MVP Caribe released WBC Caribe in 2009 and it was a huge hit, but, few days later we found or version being upladed to another site with a few changes (loading screens, backgrounds and uniform selection screens) and the guy said it was his! HEY, I'm not saying MVP Latino is like that, it's just an example of what should be done to mantain the "friendship code" that has mantained this community on for more than 8 years.

But that is exactly what these guys did when they released this mod! They took kyleb's work and Dennis James's stadiums and uniforms and put them in this mod and those two guys were not asked and I don't think it's right just to list them in the credits to make everything seem fine and dandy. When they did that it had nothing to do with the friendship code you were talking about. There's another word for what they did and that's called stealing.

PS: And yes, Jeferomer is now in the MVP Caribe Team because I think he makes really good faces, I know he has because I asked him to do a very hard face and he did deliver. He's a great guy, I have talked with him a lot on this past few days and I dont think he wanted to make the MVP Community feel mad with his version, he's a nice guy but he doesn't know the friendship code, maybe he was lost in the translation, I don't know, but I think he didn't do it on purpose.

You are forgetting that these guys did this last year when Mvp 2012 was released. They took stuff from that mod and brought it over when they were making the Latino version of Mvp 2012. Stadium loading screens for example and also uniforms and stadiums. If you want proof I saved a copy of that mod and I can reinstall it and provide screenshots. So I have to disagree with you here. He did do this on purpose and for the second year in a row.