Official MLB Transaction Thread

Gordo

The interest here is to purely LIST MLB transactions affecting the organization from Single A to the MLB squad. Having said that, let's indicate examples of what this thread is NOT:

• General discussion/reactions to speculations and moves
  • Call-ups and send-downs moves and speculations
  • Indications of DFA status
  • Contract talks
  • Disabled list status/injury status
  • Draft signings with players staying below Advanced A

My main interest is to keep up with moves for roster making purposes, whether it is for MVP, 2K or The Show roster makers. Therefore, it is best managed by a couple of people or it can get messy. Believe me.

Therefore anyone who is interested in helping me manage this thread, please PM me. It would require checking RotoWorld every couple of days and posting. Having an alternate poster could help as well. The format to post will be clear in the next posting.

Thanks and I hope this helps.

Rotoworld MLB Transactions: Rotoworld MLB Transactions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

El interés aquí es solamente las transacciones que afecten la organización desde A hasta las Grandes Ligas. Habiendo dicho esto vamos a indicar ejemplos de lo que no debe ir aquí:

Discusión general y reacciones de especulaciones y cambios
Especulaciones de quien puede subir o bajar de categoría
Indicaciones o jugadores que dejaran libre
Contratos
Lista de lesionados
Jugadores firmados en el Draft que permanecerán por debajo de la Categoría A
Mi interés principal es seguir los cambios con el propósito de mantener actualizado los roster, bien sea para MVP, 2K ó MLB The Show, por lo tanto, es mejor manejarlo por dos personas, de lo contrario puede ser un desastre, créanme.

Cualquiera que tenga interés en ayudarme a manejar este foro puede escribirme un mensaje privado, se necesitará chequear RotoWorld cada par de días y postear los cambios, tener a alguien que ayude puede ser de gran ayuda, el formato debe ser claro como lo coloqué en el siguiente mensaje.

(thank you laroquece for the translation / gracias laroquece para la traducción)

Saturday, August 03, 2013

• OAK - acquired RHP Fernando Nieve from the Indians for cash considerations.
  • SDP - signed SS Ronny Cedeno to a minor league contract; assigned him to High-A Lake Elsinore.
  • LAD - released LHP Ted Lilly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 04, 2013

• BAL - released OF Chris Pettit.
  • CWS - released OF Dewayne Wise.

Thanks Laro!! (one more guy to backup would be good....also if a mod sees fit to sticky this, might be useful)

Monday, August 05, 2013

• LAA - released 1B Brad Hawpe.
  • LAA - released RHP Ryan Madson.
  • CHC - claimed OF Thomas Neal off waivers from the Yankees.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

• SEA - released OF Jason Bay.

Guys ... As indicated above. We're really not wanting this to be a thread where everyone and anyone posts as it means checking behind everyone in what they are submitting. Please just let me and laro manage it. After a couple days goes by and if you think someone is missed, PM us and we'll check for accuracy, otherwise it's going to get messy. Thanks

Guys ... As indicated above. We're really not wanting this to be a thread where everyone and anyone posts as it means checking behind everyone in what they are submitting. Please just let me and laro manage it. After a couple days goes by and if you think someone is missed, PM us and we'll check for accuracy, otherwise it's going to get messy. Thanks

I'm sorry man. It won't happen again.

CLE -- Released 3B Mark Reynolds.

OAK -- Agreed to terms with RHP Drew Carpenter on a minor league contract

PIT -- Agreed to terms with C Kelly Shoppach on a minor league contract and assigned him to Indianapolis (AAA)

TB -- Claimed LHP Wesley Wright off waivers from Houston

TEX -- Claimed INF Adam Rosales off waivers from Oakland (for the 3rd time this week)

PHI -- Released waste of space Laynce Nix (I'm a Phillies fan, I can editorialize here)

Monday, August 12, 2013

• CLE - released INF Mark Reynolds.
  • PHI - released OF Laynce Nix.

• TEX - claimed INF Adam Rosales off waivers from the Athletics.

• TB - acquired LHP Wesley Wright from the Astros for future cash considerations.

• PIT - signed C Kelly Shoppach to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Indianapolis.

• OAK - Agreed to terms with RHP Drew Carpenter on a minor league contract.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

• TEX - released DH Manny Ramirez.

• MIN - acquired LHP Miguel Sulbaran from the Dodgers as the player to be named later in the Drew Butera trade.

• CWS - signed INF Tommy Manzella to a minor league contract; assigned him to Double-A Birmingham.

• CWS - released INF Tyler Greene.

• CLE - signed 1B David Cooper to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Columbus.

• DET - claimed C Ronny Paulino of waivers from Baltimore.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

• DET - claimed C Ronny Paulino of waivers from Baltimore.

Actually, the Orioles pretty much sold his contract to the Tigers AAA team for cash considerations, according to MLBTR. Not necessarily claiming him off waivers. Just a minor thing.

Saturday, August 16, 2013

• ATL - released INF Blake DeWitt.

• ATL - signed INF Tyler Greene to a minor league contract; assigned him to Triple-A Gwinnett.

Sunday, August 16, 2013

• OAK - signed LHP Mike Zagurski to a minor league contract.

• PIT - acquired RHP Doug Mathis from the Marlins for a player to be named later or cash.