Debating Baseball

MercyLord

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think he's old enough for the Yankees to sign or trade for?
I bet Cashman is depressed right now because there aren't enough players over 40 on the roster.

Give a guy like Jason Giambi credit. He's 43 and still playing and helping out the Indians.

Edited by sabugo

Did Boston suggest that? I was flipping through the channels when i turned it to mlb network and the investigation started. if they suggested to search him i'd be surprised since the Red Sox have Buchholz who does pretty much the same thing. that will be interesting the next time he pitches against the Yankees now.

This is the debating thread so I'll ask this here.

Jacoby Ellsbury got a nice greeting on his first trip back to Boston last week. This week Seattle comes to town along with Robinson Cano. Do you think the Yankees should show some video highlights of his and give him a nice welcome back to the Bronx?

I say NO and HELL NO. Let the PA announcer say his name like he would any other player and that is that. This pri** deserves nothing else.

This is the debating thread so I'll ask this here.

Jacoby Ellsbury got a nice greeting on his first trip back to Boston last week. This week Seattle comes to town along with Robinson Cano. Do you think the Yankees should show some video highlights of his and give him a nice welcome back to the Bronx?

I say NO and HELL NO. Let the PA announcer say his name like he would any other player and that is that. This pri** deserves nothing else.

Just ignore him. He's no longer a member of the Yankees, and because he chose not to. Why should we care?

Just ignore him. He's no longer a member of the Yankees, and because he chose not to. Why should we care?

Makes perfect sense to me. Let Jeter go over and kiss his *** if he wants to because that son of ***** would probably do it anyways but the Yankees should ignore him and not welcome him back at all. He chose to leave, he did it, now get lost.

Well today is the day that Cano returns to New York and let me say a couple of things

1st I find it funny that Yankee fans are so upset that Cano left for money. Half of the Players on the Yankees roster did the same thing. But when it happens to the Yanks it's some outrage. Just find that funny. It reads to me very much like the pot calling the kettle black. Being an Indians fan I have seen so many guys walk to New York or Boston I have 0 sympathy for the Yanks.

2nd I read on twitter that Yanks fans are planing a very loud booing of Cano. Again it's funny how things change. Being a fan of a Kansas City team (GO CHIEFS) KC fans were attacked for doing the same thing by Yanks fans and the media when Cano LIED to that fan base. But now it's ok the boo Cano. Again I find this funny. And again brings me back to the pot and the kettle.

Well today is the day that Cano returns to New York and let me say a couple of things

1st I find it funny that Yankee fans are so upset that Cano left for money. Half of the Players on the Yankees roster did the same thing. But when it happens to the Yanks it's some outrage. Just find that funny. It reads to me very much like the pot calling the kettle black. Being an Indians fan I have seen so many guys walk to New York or Boston I have 0 sympathy for the Yanks.

2nd I read on twitter that Yanks fans are planing a very loud booing of Cano. Again it's funny how things change. Being a fan of a Kansas City team (GO CHIEFS) KC fans were attacked for doing the same thing by Yanks fans and the media when Cano LIED to that fan base. But now it's ok the boo Cano. Again I find this funny. And again brings me back to the pot and the kettle.

Is that what you think this is? That Yankee fans are upset with Cano because he left for more money? It's how he did it that bothers me and I'm only going to speak for myself and not the whole fan base. The SOB was offered a 175 million dollar contract and he turned it down and then had the nerve to say the Yankees treated him with no respect. That's when he ran out west, stole 240 million dollars and grew a beard.

We've had players that have gone on to other teams in the past but this was the first marquee player the Yankees lost in awhile and if you paid attention over the off season you will have seen that there was very little reaction to Cano's departure in the way of anger towards the Yankees in trying to keep him. Most people, me included, were happy he took off because he is one of the laziest players ever to put on a uniform whose name is not Alfonso Soriano.

This has nothing to do with the money. They'll boo him because he's a shiftless, lazy piece of ****.

Is that what you think this is? That Yankee fans are upset with Cano because he left for more money? It's how he did it that bothers me and I'm only going to speak for myself and not the whole fan base. The SOB was offered a 175 million dollar contract and he turned it down and then had the nerve to say the Yankees treated him with no respect. That's when he ran out west, stole 240 million dollars and grew a beard.

We've had players that have gone on to other teams in the past but this was the first marquee player the Yankees lost in awhile and if you paid attention over the off season you will have seen that there was very little reaction to Cano's departure in the way of anger towards the Yankees in trying to keep him. Most people, me included, were happy he took off because he is one of the laziest players ever to put on a uniform whose name is not Alfonso Soriano.

This has nothing to do with the money. They'll boo him because he's a shiftless, lazy piece of ****.

I can understand not liking a player because he is lazy and all. That I get 100% Their are players on my teams that I feel the same way about. Right now as a fan of the Chicago Bulls basketball Carlos Boozer is one. I can't wait for them to cut his ***

Most Yanks fans I've seen on forums and twitter and such were upset because he left for money. This isn't of course the whole fan base and it might be the loud minority that happens in all fan bases. So It's them I guess that I just laugh at as I look at CC in a yankees jersey :(

Most Yanks fans I've seen on forums and twitter and such were upset because he left for money. This isn't of course the whole fan base and it might be the loud minority that happens in all fan bases. So It's them I guess that I just laugh at as I look at CC in a yankees jersey :sad:

But the Yankees didn't get Sabathia from Cleveland. He left as a free agent from Milwaukee.

meh. boo him. they should. i would. i remember when arod left. it was the same deal. they both took significantly more. i can't blame them for following the money, but if i'm at the game i'm booing them. i think it would be very weird for NY to do otherwise. if the yankees offered me that much less than someone else, i'd feel a little disrespected too. so move on, and continue to boo him. it's exactly what should happen.

i would boo him. it's part of the fun. the worst thing the fans could do us to not react at all. i think complete silence would be the worst. but yeah, we're talking about $240 million. that's not chump change. you'd be a fool to turn that down.

well i missed almost all of the game. here i am checking in and it's 6-2 in the 8th with almost no one in the stands. is this bizarro world?

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the Yankees retiring Joe Torre's number. But does everyone think that Paul O'Neill, Rich Gossage and Tino Martinez deserve plaques in Monument Park? And next year Bernie Williams will join them.

I'm all for it just as long as Jorge Posada never gets a plaque.

I can see the Yankees retiring Joe Torre's number. But does everyone think that Paul O'Neill, Rich Gossage and Tino Martinez deserve plaques in Monument Park? And next year Bernie Williams will join them.

I'm all for it just as long as Jorge Posada never gets a plaque.

Well, they were all important parts of world series winning teams, so they should get some form of recognition. Plaques sound nice, it's not too much and they'll get their place in history.

Just out of curiosity, what do you hate the most about Jorge?

Just out of curiosity, what do you hate the most about Jorge?

I've hated Posada for years now. He was a terrible catcher and he was a rally killer because he always grounded into double plays at the worst possible times. And to top it off during his last year on the team when he was hitting below .200 he got dropped to ninth in the lineup and he threw a fit and refused to play.

NoMaas had a very funny image of the incident.

posada_dickhead.jpg