2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

Did Beltran and Soriano leave their bats in 2013? :facepalm: Overall, i have been pretty pleased with the pitching. I felt terrible for Pineda today. Ellsbury is coming around, Solarte has been good as well. But man, Soriano just looks lost. Get Ichiro in there man..ugh

Edited by TheSabathiaEra

Beltran has started slowly, but Soriano to me is just doing what he always does, swinging at ridiculous pitches. Today he swung at a pitch in the dirt with men on 2nd and 3rd. That's just what he does, and we'll have to live with it.

Who needs to take a sleeping pill when watching the Yankees/Red Sox play can put you fast asleep

I've been a Yankee fan all my life and that comment is probably one of the most accurate comments about these Yankee - Red Sox games. The games drag on. Both teams play like they better not make a mistake or else every newspaper in Boston and New York and ESPN will analyze it and replay it over and over again. ESPN treats these games like they are more important than all the other games on the schedule that same day, which to me is horse****.

These games were even slower when Francona and Torre were managing. What the hell, they didn't have anywhere else to go so if the game gets done at midnight, so what?

I have nothing against the Yankees except for some, well maybe a lot, of the players they have on the team. But they stall and waste time just like Boston although you can not beat the Red Sox when it comes to wasting your time.

I agree with your comments but the way the Yankees and Red Sox play they take tons of pitches and stall which wears down the opponent and sure it's boring as hell and makes the game take forever but I guess that's why they are successful and win so many games.

Edited by KC8080

I love this quote by Joe Girardi as he was explaining why Derek Jeter was not playing for two games:

"I have to manage him with a focus of winning games and keeping him healthy, not being a farewell tour," said Girardi, who has Dean Anna at shortstop against the Red Sox. "I wasn't hired to put on a farewell tour."

Damn right.