Dynasty Mode In Total Classics

Natejs

Hey guys. I am having trouble with dynasty mode in ALL of the total classics I have. So far, every single time I have tried a dynasty, the game crashes right after I finish playing a game. I have no time to save my progress, so I have to start over. The game only seems to crash when I play in dynasty mode with ANY total classic mod. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. -Nate

• 1 year later...

I am bumping this thread instead of creating a new one because it seems I have run into the same problem the Original poster has encountered. I just installed a clean, new install of MVP 2005 with CD's onto my computer, downloaded TC 1988 and the works and I got it installed and running as normal (I shouldn't have a problem from being an ol crusty vet on this site ;) ). My problem is this:

I created a dynasty mode with the New York Mets and after I played my first game against the Montreal Expos, when I get to the Final Box Score screen, my game crashed to the desktop. I have played a few Exhibition games before this and it works perfectly fine but I seem to be having this crashing problem in dynasty mode.

Game was installed from CD's, mod installed correctly and I am running Windows XP. Thanks for your time and effort on these mods, they're pretty awesome, never ceases to amaze me. Thanks fellas.

What dynasty settings are you using?  Do you have Injuries, Suspensions or Computer-initiated trades turned on?  When these settings are turned on, the rosters can change without you doing anything. Since most TC mods  do not have updated minor league rosters, there is no guarantee that those player settings are correct. For example, if a face is assigned which is not found in the models.big file, it will cause the game to crash when a game is started or simmed with that player.  TC mods should be played such that the rosters do not change.

Check your settings to make sure these are turned off. The installation instructions clearly state that you need to do. 

Also, are you using a profile with all of the classic uniforms unlocked?  If not, it won't cause the game to crash. You just can't choose some of the TC uniforms that are in the locked slots. 

What dynasty settings are you using?  Do you have Injuries, Suspensions or Computer-initiated trades turned on?  When these settings are turned on, the rosters can change without you doing anything. Since most TC mods  do not have updated minor league rosters, there is no guarantee that those player settings are correct. For example, if a face is assigned which is not found in the models.big file, it will cause the game to crash when a game is started or simmed with that player.  TC mods should be played such that the rosters do not change.

Check your settings to make sure these are turned off. The installation instructions clearly state that you need to do. 

Also, are you using a profile with all of the classic uniforms unlocked?  If not, it won't cause the game to crash. You just can't choose some of the TC uniforms that are in the locked slots. 

I usually read the installation settings, I must've glossed over this. I will make the changes now. Thank you for the heads up. Sorry for bumping a post because I couldn't read slower ;) Thank you for the response, Jim!