New Bb Game For Pc

DonSPa

RBI 15 is on App Store for 5 dollars. And there seems a way to win a prize on MLB site, I am not sure what it is. Does that mean we can win the app for free? I am gonna wait for a while until I figure it out. Also is that possible this app would be the next free app of the day? Has anyone bought that app yet?

Edited by Tony3

i dont understand why ea doesnt make another baseball game again.  from my understand 2k's agreement ended and they have no plans whatsoever to make another baseball game.  Just mind boggling that they wouldn't jump back on that train seeing as MLB The Show is really the only other real baseball game that's out there

EA is now a lean mean gaming publisher, where they don't seem to even touch anything not surefire winner (like FIFA or Madden) determined by their marketing acumen with a ten foot pole. They are trying to come back in basketball with resurrecting NBA Live to challenge 2K, and look where that ended up.

you will see the show on PC one day ! most games will be on pc soon enough ....

​not really.  a lot of game publishers only see the plus side in gaming consoles.  consoles outsell pc titles by a whole lot.  thats why some companies have stopped making ports for console games on pc.  you hit a wider audience making a console game then pc because not many people have computers powerful enough to run the games.  Sony also rarely releases their exclusive titles to other platforms other then their own.

and i did some reading... ea said they would make a baseball game again but only if they can get the exclusive license because they dont want to run into an issue again like 05

​not really.  a lot of game publishers only see the plus side in gaming consoles.  consoles outsell pc titles by a whole lot.  thats why some companies have stopped making ports for console games on pc.  you hit a wider audience making a console game then pc because not many people have computers powerful enough to run the games.  Sony also rarely releases their exclusive titles to other platforms other then their own.

and i did some reading... ea said they would make a baseball game again but only if they can get the exclusive license because they dont want to run into an issue again like 05

Why can't they understand that's bad for consumers?

Making PORTS is dated terminology for next gen consoles. Before you made a port by taking a power gpu game and making it x64 compatible. Thats not an issue now. Everything is x64 PC PS4 and the Xbone. xbone games have been seen running on windows pcs at exhibits. So that crap about taking time to port is BS. They just choose not to do so.

Making PORTS is dated terminology for next gen consoles. Before you made a port by taking a power gpu game and making it x64 compatible. Thats not an issue now. Everything is x64 PC PS4 and the Xbone. xbone games have been seen running on windows pcs at exhibits. So that crap about taking time to port is BS. They just choose not to do so.

​my terminology could be way off but i was just hoping my point got through clearly to people.  And ya i forgot about Microsoft.  I know they do release their games on pc most of the time because obviously microsoft is a computer company at its core.  I think its Gold for Windows or something along the lines that they run.... but ya other then Microsoft not many other publishers actually do the whole PC gaming as well as Console

Played a couple of games. Quick arcade style game that is perfect for local couch multiplayer. Hopefully someone releases a roster update. The community does a much better job at Rosters than the Publishers ever could.

Edited by profit89

Why can't they understand that's bad for consumers?

​It's really sad. It's overall bad for gamers, for sure. Don't mean to hijack the thread here but yeah... EA was ranked as the Worst Company in America twice in a row.

http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/ (Sorry posted wrong link the first time)

And to add to this I was a huge fan of them in the past... I always preferred their stuff over 2K or really any other series. I loved Triple Play/MVP and the NHL series most. But after what they did to sports gaming and how they support their users... it kills me.. not to mention that they make me sick how blatantly greedy they are! 

Edited by DaSteelerz

"""""""""""""""""""""""not really.  a lot of game publishers only see the plus side in gaming consoles.  consoles outsell pc titles by a whole lot.  thats why some companies have stopped making ports for console games on pc.  you hit a wider audience making a console game then pc because not many people have computers powerful enough to run the games.  Sony also rarely releases their exclusive titles to other platforms other then their own.

and i did some reading... ea said they would make a baseball game again but only if they can get the exclusive license because they dont want to run into an issue again like 05"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

i must disagree ....

Digital download will be the reason why PC gaming will be on the rise and it has been  . that's why you seen a jump in games the last year coming out on PC, if you follow the gaming world .... pay attention to some of the titles in the last year that been released on the PC that never been ! Everyone has a PC these days not like 10-20 years ago ... Dont cost the software company's hardly nothing to release it for the PC since all the games are being created solo on a PC now , not like the last console a bit of a change now . Consoles is a PC pretty much now anyways !  The jump will continue . thought people new this :)

Edited by MercyLord

@MercyLord
​the thing is.... i do agree with you on digital download being the new market... but at the same time the PC is going downhill and the Tablet and hand held devices are taking over.... the days of gaming pc is slowly becoming that of the past eventually 

Edited by BigRog

EA is now a lean mean gaming publisher, where they don't seem to even touch anything not surefire winner (like FIFA or Madden) determined by their marketing acumen with a ten foot pole. They are trying to come back in basketball with resurrecting NBA Live to challenge 2K, and look where that ended up.

​NBA2K destroys NBA Live and is one of the best sports games ever. I don't even know why EA even jumped back in the game with NBA Live. 2K has owned them since they abandoned the PC after Live 08.

@MercyLord
​the thing is.... i do agree with you on digital download being the new market... but at the same time the PC is going downhill and the Tablet and hand held devices are taking over.... the days of gaming pc is slowly becoming that of the past eventually 

I've been hearing that for 10 years now but, were still here. I'm hoping 2k comes back and maybe are rebuilding MLB2k baseball from the ground up using the NBA2k engine.

Edited by MissionMaximus

I've been hearing that for 10 years now but, were still here. I'm hoping 2k comes back and maybe are rebuilding MLB2k baseball from the ground up using the NBA2k engine.

​they have taken any reference to past baseball games off their website.. i think they gave up on the franchise to focus their efforts on nba and wwe for their sports games

the thing is, they probably lost so much money/fan backlash from the exclusive licensing that they are afraid to even touch baseball again

That probably does not bother them one bit.

Actually, it does. They went on the defense as one of their main guys from operations (forgive me for not knowing his name) was saying how unfair it was in an interview. Weeks later, they tried to buy upset users back by offering a free game for download. 

​Well said ! been a pc gamer fort 20+ years ... never seen it so high as i do now :) Consoles are PC now .... Just start payinh attention to the games that been coming out , and that have been coming out PC Gaming is with out a doubt on the rise

Edited by MercyLord