Mvp 15 Opening Day Rosters

kyleb

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: MVP 15 Opening Day Rosters

File Submitter: kyleb

File Submitted: 06 Apr 2015

File Category: Rosters

Version: 2.0

Opening Day rosters for the 2015 season. Delete your old dat files from the database folder, replace them with this file.

Big thanks to Daflyboys for this help.

Minor injuries are on AAA, major injuries are on A.

Updated to avoid crashes in Season play.

Thank you for the great work.

I have a question.

Your Spring training roster, I can play NL Future Stars,and AL Future Stars.

But, this roaster It can not play.

When game start, starting pitcher introduce ... clash.

I've resolved myself.

MVP EDITT by Windows XP mode,

Import

from Spring training roaster "ALS,NLS" team met. files.

and

reset roster and pitching rotation.

thank you.

I have been downloading kyleb's rosters for years with no probs. Don't know what I did wrong this time. Any help appreciated:

Both with the Spring Training and Opening Day rosters, I dl'd and installed as per instructions. However, the 2014 rosters at end of season just

loaded like it was the end of the 2014 World Series. That happened with both the Spring Training 2015 and Opening Day 2015.

I did NOT reinstall the original MVP 2005 game this year before installing the updated rosters. Could that be the problem?

I've worked on the rosters and simmed a few seasons, crashes should be gone during season play now.

I have been downloading kyleb's rosters for years with no probs. Don't know what I did wrong this time. Any help appreciated:

Both with the Spring Training and Opening Day rosters, I dl'd and installed as per instructions. However, the 2014 rosters at end of season just

loaded like it was the end of the 2014 World Series. That happened with both the Spring Training 2015 and Opening Day 2015.

I did NOT reinstall the original MVP 2005 game this year before installing the updated rosters. Could that be the problem?

I don't know dude. I'd assume you're not putting the files in the right place or starting the game from the right place.

For guys who have multiple installs, make sure you are starting up the game from the correct shortcut icon. If you place the rosters in one install and are starting up another, of course it's not going to show the latest rosters.

Also, when installing, do not simply overwrite the older 19 .dat files. Delete them and unzip the new ones to the same place. Then, there is no way the game cant show the newest rosters.

Additionally, if you're expecting the new rosters to show up in an existing season/dynasty that you've already started with older rosters, they are not going to magically show up. When you start a season/dynasty it "locks in" with whatever roster set you used to start that season/dynasty because it saves to a totally different file.

Thank you, daflyboys. I think you have solved my problem. This is the first time I didn't go with a new install of game and patches 1-3. So, of course, I was clicking on an already existing shortcut icon.

Will Delete game, reinstall it--then do the whole thing with the new Opening Day rosters. I appreciate the help!

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.. but

Tony Cingrani (Left handed reliever) of the Reds has a longer wind up with runners on. He seems to have a more simplified approach when the bases are empty. Maybe these are flip flopped? Or he could be like that in the real world, I don't recall ever seeing him pitch lol

That's using your update that you released yesterday (8 April)

I love the roster though! Just thought I'd bring this to your attention

Tony Cingrani (Left handed reliever) of the Reds has a longer wind up with runners on. He seems to have a more simplified approach when the bases are empty. Maybe these are flip flopped? Or he could be like that in the real world, I don't recall ever seeing him pitch lol

Hey man, thanks for the kind words. All I'm able to control is the delivery form, which has been set to resemble that of Eric Gagne. If you're able to find one that fits better, let me know.

Finally had a chance to check this out and play a game today with these rosters. Excellent job! First thing I did was be a homer and check out the Cubs and everything looks frickin' perfect! I got my *** kicked in the game I played, but I'm still learning how to play. Really awesome to have a fresh/updated roster to start with!

P.S. I highly recommend RisingSon's 2015 Portrait updates with this!

I think this is part of the game engine. For example, there's a good number of relievers who pitch from the stretch with no one on. There may be a few pitchers who do that here and there, but most are going to go into the wind up. It was probably a bug that could have been sorted out if MVP would have continued from year to year.

Tribe pitcher, Danny Salazar' face (not sure if he has a cyber) is not correct, he has some white dudes face.. and he throws 100 mph on his fastball.. I watched him last season when he was pitching (not that great most times) but he has gas on that fastball. I will keep looking for discrepancies and post them here to this post, so those who want to correct them before they install, can do it.

These are Salazar's numbers from last year. He may have hit 100 at times, but not on the average. The way he is in the game is correct. If anything is a discrepancy, it's that he's missing a 2 seamer, which can be easily corrected. When you make rosters or announce you are going to do an update, you ask guys to give feedback, but they rarely do (save for the Orioles fanatic from last year who thought just about every one of them should have been rated in the 90's). Also, velocity of pitchers does seem affected by the climate in which they are pitching in this game as well as elevation (i.e., Colorado).

As far as a cyberface, he does have one (756) so if the install is incorrect, that can be changed. (besides, he's not the darkest of complexions.... seems more like a light skinned Latino).

2nrorgn.jpg2ms3ic4.jpg

4kh409.jpg

Also, if you need further data, you can look at his fangraphs page: http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=5867&position=P#pitchtype

If anything, it shows his velocity actually went down slightly from 2013.

You can't do rosters by anecdotal observation, information, or "gut" feelings. If you want accuracy, then you have to use the stats available.

Also, velocity of pitchers does seem affected by the climate in which they are pitching in this game as well as elevation (i.e., Colorado).

Whoa, is this true? Is there any evidence of it? If so, that's really cool, and something I didn't know that was in MVP.

Tribe pitcher, Danny Salazar' face (not sure if he has a cyber) is not correct, he has some white dudes face.. and he throws 100 mph on his fastball.. I watched him last season when he was pitching (not that great most times) but he has gas on that fastball. I will keep looking for discrepancies and post them here to this post, so those who want to correct them before they install, can do it.

All cyberfaces should be correct when MVP 15 is released. I've combed through the roster and checked every single face.

You can manually update your models.big in the meantime.

Whoa, is this true? Is there any evidence of it? If so, that's really cool, and something I didn't know that was in MVP.

It's not significant but it's there. Try it yourself. These are screenshots of Ken Giles (cpu pitching) pitching in Philly, then Colorado. Also, I've noticed the cpu pitches slightly faster than human.

2e5js5l.jpg2u7ptmt.jpg