Game Plays Way To Fast

DeuceBlades

Try turning on v-sync in your video card options, that fixed it for me a few years back.

I will try that, thanks for the info.. I will report back if I have success

nope that doesnt work, I am puzzled now, this has never happened for any game I have played.. I play a variety of games on my laptop and all work perfectly.

I have a core i7 and nvidea gforce 840m graphics card, so I am wondering if the processor is just to powerful for the game?

could it be something to do with one of the patches?? I updated the fresh install with all 5 patches before adding the 2014 mod... the 2014 mod was fine before that I think, although it crashed a lot... hmmmmm scratching my head now :unsure:

and also now it jumps to desktop and I have to keep alt/tab to get it back to the main screen... wth is it with this game and my laptop.. its like they dont like each other much

one more thing I will try and do, I will reinstall the game without the patches, add the mod and hope for the best.. and I will try to see if I can slow down my processor because its way to fast for this game I think, and I am not running anything in the background accept my anti-virus and skype..

stay tuned

Is vertical sync turn "on" within the game itself? You are on Windows 8, correct? Do you have the compatibility options mentioned in other threads turned on? To what drive is the game installed?

Also, for future installs,if you want to install official patches, 2 or 3 only are needed. You don't have to install them all.

Yes vertical sync is on all times and the game is installed on drive C

Ive noticed on other sites where people have had discussions, that if the game is running this speed, its the typical speed it should be running if vertical sync is on, and thats crazy... the game plays in super fast forward, there is no way its the correct speed.

Change your processors to 1 or 2 and see what happens.

Start button > msconfig in the search window > boot tab > Advanced options... > tick Number of processors box* > select 1 or 2 > reboot PC.

*if the box is not checked and it's showing a greyed out "1", it means that your PC is using the maximum processors that you have.... not just 1.

Also... make sure your compatibility tab looks like this. Right click on your MVP shortcut icon and click on properties. Then this:

ng58gn.jpg

I do have the compatibility mode set like that, but I will check to see on the processor... I have reinstalled everything and only put patches 1 - 3 in and it ran fast, so I will check the processors and see what that does.. Its my last option I think, if it dont work, this game is done unless I install windows 7 on this laptop.

so how many processors would be ideal? 1? 2 or 3? 7 is def to much, overkill for mvp

I set the processors to 1 and restarted the computer.. the game still runs super fast.. I can control the game when I pitch, but when the computer pitches, its almost impossible.. the pitcher doesnt stop for a second, its bam bam bam 1 after the other.. its crazy.. I need to slow this game down, I dont know how... I think we have used all options available.

I already said to select 1 or 2 processors.

Other thing you can try as a last resort is in the properties window (shortcut tab), place a space and then -win in the target screen after the existing line, so that it looks something like this:

"C:Program Files (x86)EA SPORTSMVP 14mvp2005.exe" -win

I already said to select 1 or 2 processors.

Other thing you can try as a last resort is in the properties window (shortcut tab), place a space and then -win in the target screen after the existing line, so that it looks something like this:

"C:Program Files (x86)EA SPORTSMVP 14mvp2005.exe" -win

I tried that, not sure if you meant that as a joke, but I did it anyway, and it changed the .exe and is not functional anymore.. I get an option to delete the file when I double click on it

I am downloading the latest drivers from Nvidea, but I think they are the same as I have now.. Im trying to do what I can, but I think its futile..

Best option is to buy a PS4 and get The Show... this is so frustrating

Maybe of note, but I have an ASUS N56J core i7 with GEFORCE 840M running windows 8.1 64bit, so if anyone is having the same difficulties as me, and you have this laptop, you may be out of luck for this game

Strange, after I did a complete reinstall again for the 100th time, without adding any patches or mods, the game runs completely normal, with normal speed and control..

So here is the deal.. there has to be something with one of the patches, there is nothing more that I can think of that is causing the game to play at hyper speed....

suggestions? thoughts?

and to play 2014 mod, dont I need a patch?

***I went ahead just to be curious and installed patch 1 and 2, and now the game is back to hyperspeed... now I know what the problem is***

Copy your entire basic install folder and mod the copy. Keep the working basic original handy. Add patch 3 to the copy only. Try to run it. You have to add step by step to see what might be causing the problems. People are going to know necessarily what the deal is on your particular system.

I added patch 1 and 2 and its back to the same thing, so now I know exactly what is the problem... now to solve it!

I will do your steps and see what happens

If it turns out that I cant use any patches, I will just take the uniforms.big and the stadiums from 2014 or 2015, along with the rosters (models.big willing) and play the game that way

Ok patch 3 made it hyper-speed as well... no patch can work with this game on windows 8

if I can locate the file involving game speed, maybe I can change that back to default? any clues?

would it have something to do with frame rate?? not sure exactly, Im not to computer savvy when it comes to gaming language

Patch 3 is cumulative to patches 1 and 2.... they're not distinct. You only need patch 3. Locating the file involving game speed may be talking about something that is hard coded. You're now talking about how the game is programmed, I believe. Not sure that's gonna get solved.

I know that when Dennisjames did MVP 14 last year, it was already patched. So if you tried 14, but patched over it for some reason, try it again without patching it yourself.

unfortunately patch 3 is just as much a problem as the 1st 2 patches... so I think I will have to cherry pick pieces parts to create a playable game with some decent graphics..

I just hope the unis.big and models.big work as separate entities away from the total conversion mod.. I dont want to play a vanilla 2005 game, that would be such a waste of time.

if the spped is the problem, try setting up a vm and run in in there. vms you can control the number of cpus used for sure and think y might be abe able to contol the clocks speeds in it too. long shot but an idea. that whay you can wheather os you want without having dual boot. they also tend to run slower, because of the way vm handles hardward. its a thought