Game Plays Way To Fast

DeuceBlades

I run the game on Windows 8 with no issues. What I did was enable vsync in the game and through my nvidia graphics panel. The game by default locks to 60FPS, although you might have to change your monitors refresh rate to 60hz to have vsync work properly.

the vanilla game runs perfect on windows 8, its just the patches that are making everything screwy

I have v-sync set to on and only on... I dont know what more we can do other than not play with the patches.. Im hoping I can install most of the components of the 2014 mod and hope it runs ok,,, and if that works, maybe when the 2015 mod finally gets released, I will try to do that the same way.. its jut the patches, I can do nothing about hard coded updates.. the game has v-sync on as well, which is puzzling to me.. if its on in game and on my nvidea settings, the game should by all rights, play normal speed with the patches installed, but it doesnt.

and my screen to my laptop is locked in at 60 fps.. I cant change it

ok after doing extensive trial and error, I have come up with this conclusion...

1. I cant use any patch for windows 8.1 on my ASUS laptop...

2. The game does work for dynasty mode from what I can see.. Ive played one game and it seems to be ok with no crash..

3. The game seems to crash in exhibition and go straight to desk top from the loading screen.. not sure why... and this is probably the reason I failed to play any games, because I had this feeling that if it did it in exhibition, it would do it in season mode as well, but it not the case...

I will continue to play and see what happens before I do anything in terms of dynasty.. I want to make sure this is going to work without error or corruption, and no crashes.. But I think I will use 2014 as a practice run until the 2015 TCM comes out in a week or 2.. depends on how the modders feel about its completion and if its ready for the masses...

But I assure them we await with eager anticipation :D

But just so anyone who has trouble with their game on windows 8 or 8.1, the game might crash for you in exhibition mode, but seems to play on season mode without any hiccups or patches.. (knocks on wood)

If I have any more problems, I will post here, but I think it may be solved..

Thanks for everyone who helped with getting this problem solved... big props to you guys.. I feel a little stupid now because I should have just checked season mode in the first place... but not sure why exhibition crashes at startup.. at least I know why the game plays at hyper-speed now, the patches... blah

Did you install the MVP14 mod first? If you just install the 2015 rosters without installing MVP14, the game will crash because come of the cyberfaces associated with the players on the 2015 rosters will be missing.

Yes the 2014 mod was installed.. and I installed the 2015 roster and it crashed right before load in a seasonal game.. I dont know if it was because I created 4 guys and used premade cyberfaces from what was already in the models.big file... The 2014 mod worked as far as I can tell, because I played half a game before I did something else to the roster file... but it crashed with the 2015 roster update, so I dont know what caused it to do that, unless somehow a patch was installed for the rosters and I dont have that patch... I cant patch anything, the game wont run on my system at normal speed.

Try one of the earlier, but possibly more stable, TC mods like 08 or 12. Don't do anything additional to them and see if they play normally.

Also, check this article: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-run-old-games-software-in-windows-8/

Im sure the 08 or 12 mod works great, but Im not one for older mods usually.. I played the classics a few times, downloaded a couple different ones back a few years ago.. was fun, but I like to keep up with each new season.

We're trying to help isolate the problem, thus the suggestion of installing especially 2012. Instead, you're jumping around and telling us what you're going to do and not going to do and going to buy and all of this convolution.

Let's stick to one thing at a time. We're a bunch of guys.... we deal with one thing at a time.

We're trying to help isolate the problem, thus the suggestion of installing especially 2012. Instead, you're jumping around and telling us what you're going to do and not going to do and going to buy and all of this convolution.

Let's stick to one thing at a time. We're a bunch of guys.... we deal with one thing at a time.

The patches are the problem with the speed issue.. and I recently found that I cant add the 2015 cyberfaces to the 2014 TCM because some of the faces are not correct with the models.big.. which leads me to ask, how in the heck can people say great mod when they cant see it in use without crashing and without a models.big for 2015? Its a great deal of work, and it takes a whole lot of perseverance just to do a roster update, and its appreciated everytime a new one is released... but I dont get it when others dont report it crashing their games, if they supposedly added the rosters??

so in retrospect, my problem is solved, but it leaves me with an unplayable game.. I can play a game in 2014 and turn around and play a second game, and the game crashes... its just my luck thats all..

You seem to be having the most problems out of anyone that has posted here. Even incorrect cyberfaces (i.e., a face not matching the correct player) won't make the game crash, which is why sometimes one gets a white face on a black body and vice versa). Something is getting corrupted. This is why the suggesting of trying one thing at a time. Maybe when 2015 comes out you'll have better fortune. And if that doesn't work, like you said, if you aren't going to play it any longer, you have a pretty good sale ahead of you.