Gamecube/playstation 2 Mods?

G-Dawg

Hi there, Grantland brought me here and apparently I had signed up 6 years ago but never made a post! Can't even remember signing up.

Anyway, this game is absolutely my favorite ever. It's my childhood and it's what I compare anything perfect to, this game is what God would look like if he turned himself into a video game.

So basically I want to know if I could mod MVP Baseball 2005 on the Playstation 2 and GameCube. If that's a yes, could you guys point me towards how I'd even do that? I'd have absolutely zero idea how to mod the game if it were possible.

I could use my computer, but it's around 6 years old, slow as hell and just bad. I use a MacBook Air for my computing needs so I can't play on that unless I get Windows on it which isn't going to happen right now.

Hopefully the game can be modded with current 2015 rosters when they come out on the GameCube and Playstation 2 because that would make the already perfect game, perfecter. Playing on a nice TV where I comfortably sit like I do when on my PS4 is more ideal than an uncomfortable chair on my terrible desktop. Please tell me it's possible!

Thanks!

Well there are Playstation 2 mods here but there's not many of them and no one has uploaded a mod for them for a few years. So to answer your question, yes the game can be modded for the PS2 just based on that. Trouble is no one has been doing it and I would not know how to go about it. And there are no Gamecube mods for this game here. There's never been one for that.

AHHHHH, damn so only PC. Still great! How hard would you say it is to download these mods into the game on the PC for a computer idiot like myself?

Not at all but if you are just starting out it could be a little overwhelming because there are so many mods. What I recommend to anyone who downloads a mod is to back up the file they are replacing first and always follow the directions that the modder has included in the mod.

You will need the PC version of the game to get these mods here. The PS2 game is practically useless now because it hasn't had any attention for so long.

• 3 months later...

I have an 11 year-old 3.0 GHz Windows XP PC with a 7 year-old AGP video card that I play the game on and it runs fine for me.

In my workout / game room I have my first homebuilt computer with Win 98 Second Edition, and it even plays this game.  I just have one 9600 Geforce GT in it and it runs smoothly.