MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big thanks to everyone who helped put this out. Things move fast in the modding community and a flood of contributions came in too late to be included. Because of that, I've created a patch to include them all. I'll upload this to the main site as soon as uploads are fixed again.

In the meantime, here's a download link.

This patch includes cyberface updates by Jed, Jeferomer, and Jogar. The roster files have been updated to display the new cyberfaces correctly, as well as a few skin tone fixes and attribute fixes.

Player audio files from jaycee20 and myself are also included. I choose to include the entire main audio files because I found a few audio files from the original release needed to be deleted.

Dennisjames' PGE Park is included, along with an updated LOC file and Stadium Frontend file so that the stadium name and stadium select screen are updated.

Install with TiT.

MVP 15 Patch 1

Big thanks to everyone who helped put this out. Things move fast in the modding community and a flood of contributions came in too late to be included. Because of that, I've created a patch to include them all. I'll upload this to the main site as soon as uploads are fixed again.

In the meantime, here's a download link.

This patch includes cyberface updates by Jed, Jeferomer, and Jogar. The roster files have been updated to display the new cyberfaces correctly, as well as a few skin tone fixes and attribute fixes.

Player audio files from jaycee20 and myself are also included. I choose to include the entire main audio files because I found a few audio files from the original release needed to be deleted.

Dennisjames' PGE Park is included, along with an updated LOC file and Stadium Frontend file so that the stadium name and stadium select screen are updated.

Install with TiT.

MVP 15 Patch 1

​Thanks a ton. Outstanding work my friend!

Is it possible to patch the game without TiT ? I can´t get TiT to work on my computer :(. Can i just unpack the dat files in the folder ? And Cyberfaces install with bigGUI ?  

Is it possible to patch the game without TiT ? I can´t get TiT to work on my computer :(. Can i just unpack the dat files in the folder ? And Cyberfaces install with bigGUI ?  

​Everything in the patch could be just overwritten over the old files, however I would STRONGLY recommend finding a way to use TiT for the cyberfaces. In my experience, using bigGUI for cyberfaces usually ends up in corrupting the models.big file, which will royally screw up your experience.

First things first, and I keep posting this in every thread I find installation issues:

If your MVP Baseball 2005 directory is in the Program Files folder, please make sure you run ExplodeMe.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR otherwise you will run into a variety of problems with moving/replacing files.

Windows 7 and higher have security measures in place to prevent programs from making changes to the Program Files folder unless you run said program as admin.

The only workaround would be to have your MVP 2005 game installed outside of the Program Files folder.

With this patch listed above, does that mean I can disregard the "It is recommended that you install MVP15 over a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005 with at least up to Patch #2." statement found in the notes section of the install?

With this patch listed above, does that mean I can disregard the "It is recommended that you install MVP15 over a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005 with at least up to Patch #2." statement found in the notes section of the install?

​No, you need the official MVP Baseball 2005 patch #2 or higher

You can find them here:  http://www.mvpmods.com/files/category/28-official-patches/

Note that each patch contains everything that was in the previous patch (e.g. Patch 2 contains everything in patch 1, Patch 3 contains everything in patches 1 and 2, etc.), so you only have to do one install.

​Thank you, Jim.  I swear I've been searching the forums trying to find these things before posting.  I see a lot of your old posts say you only use patch #2.  Those posts were a long time ago however.  Is that still true though?

It's the ultimate mod.

I just have a few gripes with player potentials, but that's why we have MVPedit :)

​Among all of the extra stuff we put in it, we ensured that we gave this mod all of the TLC it needed.

On a side note, I have edited the documentation for the mod, as people may not be aware that you need a copy of MVP Baseball 2005 to play the mod

​Thank you, Jim.  I swear I've been searching the forums trying to find these things before posting.  I see a lot of your old posts say you only use patch #2.  Those posts were a long time ago however.  Is that still true though?

​Patch #2 is all I've ever installed.  I didn't find that the patches after that included anything that would help me.

Archived