MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

Hey guys I have a question, but first I want to say thank you for all the hard work. The rosters look good and the mod works great for me.

Anyway my question pertains to installing portraits with the TiT. I downloaded some portraits from here and I installed them using the TiT. I clicked "start" & it went through all the phases (including opening a new tab on my browser). But once I start the game, nothing changes. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am using a windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I have a question, but first I want to say thank you for all the hard work. The rosters look good and the mod works great for me.

Anyway my question pertains to installing portraits with the TiT. I downloaded some portraits from here and I installed them using the TiT. I clicked "start" & it went through all the phases (including opening a new tab on my browser). But once I start the game, nothing changes. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I am using a windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance

​The reason why the portraits are not working for you even after you successfully imported them through TiT (kudos to you) is because the ID for the player portraits is not defined in the roster you are using.

They would have to be changed through MVPEdit.

I'm now having more trouble that ever getting an exhibition game going with the most basic MVP15 set-up, especially now that I'm installing the game away from the programs x86 folder.  Very strange. And this is coming from someone who had little difficulty running MVP 14 on a  W7 64 bit Ult. Ed. PC.  So before I can even start experimenting with newer changes, got to get it back to a functioning program.

Love to hates me some computers!

Addendum:  seems to come down to this screen resolution setting.  I think for some guys use the resolution changer to a resolution compatible with your vid card/screen could be a key to avoiding crashes.

​I never had any luck with the resolution changer, I always had crashes.

Good morning! Here's my update, I used Kccitystar's guide. Uninstalled, erased everything, started from complete scratch, followed the guide to a T, installed TiT, the MVP 15 mod & patch #1 all no problem. Initally launched the game, tried to play the first thing I could (Cards vs. Red Sox from the "exhibition" menu), progress bar loaded 1/2 way & crashed. I restarted the computer & was able to play, no problem. Seems like I'm in the same spot as I was yesterday along with GEOLINK, BigRog & puma91. It's working now, I'll let you know if the same thing happens tomorrow. Anything I can do to test potential fixes, please let me know. Thanks again to all for their hard work & continued support with its issues.

Hi! Thanks for making an amazing looking mod.

I'm having trouble with the game crashing when I try the following:

- Try to play in a "new" stadium in the season warm up mode

- Try to intervene at home in the player-created stadium in owner mode. Playing a full game at home in this mode works

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Resolution changer isn't something you install... you either choose to use it as a stand alone app or not.

Man...it's really strange.  I've have tried all kinds of combinations of install locations and resolutions and it's really hard to say there is one bonafide solution that's going to make this run on your post XP machine.  One other thing I'll throw out there that is working for me right now is installing it in the "program files" system subfolder (not the x86 one).  I used (and like) KC's suggestion on setting the resolution on 1280 x 1024.  And resetting my PC fully was (and has been the trick).  Go figure!

for anyone who is getting the crash half way into loading a game and has followed KC install guide and still have no luck.  Do me a favor and replace your frontend folder with the original frontend folder from a clean install and report back if you can get into the game

for anyone who is getting the crash half way into loading a game and has followed KC install guide and still have no luck.  Do me a favor and replace your frontend folder with the original frontend folder from a clean install and report back if you can get into the game

​Good idea!

I'm a bit unclear on how to install the schedule updater.  I downloaded the 1994 mod because I read that it's in there.  But I didn't see it.  Just an install file for the 94 mod which I don't need.  How do I acquire this and install it?  Please and thank you.

One other option I've tried to gain some stability is to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, but NOT run as administrator since in my account I am the administrator.  Since trying that, I went from a crash to no crash WITHOUT restarting my PC.   From the school of "Go Figure" yet again.

By the way, roster update/alternate and cpu v. cpu rosters should be coming tonight!  Testing now.

One other option I've tried to gain some stability is to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, but NOT run as administrator since in my account I am the administrator.  Since trying that, I went from a crash to no crash WITHOUT restarting my PC.   From the school of "Go Figure" yet again.

By the way, roster update/alternate and cpu v. cpu rosters should be coming tonight!  Testing now.

​You mean, you did this and it didn't run the game at ludicrous speed?

Hey everyone,

I was just able to give this an install, however, I too am experiencing crashes when loading the game or editing players.

• I tried running the base MVP Baseball 05 w/o any patches, worked fine.
  • I patched MVP05 to Patch 5, still worked.

As soon as I installed MVP15 with ExplodeMe, everything loaded fine (main menu, new loading screens, rosters, music), however, once I attempt to edit a player, or play a basic exhibition match, the loading bar gets about half way and crashes back to desktop.

I also attempted to patch MVP15 with Patch 1 via TiT, no change.

Here's some information about my installation, as well as the environment I'm working with:

• MVP05 was installed to a secondary drive for this current installation (also tested on primary C:\ drive, however, same issues resulted).
  • Ran each ExplodeMe attempt as administrator, as well as MVP15 when it was installed, no change.
  • Specs:
    • AMD 8350 8-Core CPU
    • AMD Radeon 290x
    • 8GB DDR3 RAM
    • Windows 8.1 Professional
    • if more info needed, available upon request.

I know this mod is wonderful, and I'm sure the fix I'm missing here is a simple one. Any help is absolutely appreciated.

My game always crashes,when i have baserunners on first and third base,while try to steel second.I play with the Red Sox in season mode.Don´t know if this happens with other teams or gamemode.Anyone else with  the same problem?

My game always crashes,when i have baserunners on first and third base,while try to steel second.I play with the Red Sox in season mode.Don´t know if this happens with other teams or gamemode.Anyone else with  the same problem?

​I just played a random game cardinal-orioles.No crash this time.So steeling 2nd base with runners on the corners works.Don´t know why it crashes in my season with the Red Sox.

Archived