MVP Baseball 15 Patch 2 Thread

Kccitystar

geOcLx2.jpg

I'd like to begin work on Patch 2 (what I call The Summer Update), which I think will bring the game to near completion in most of the visual/frontend/gameplay for this season. 

I am seriously shooting for...realistically, the MLB Trade Deadline, which will hopefully be enough of a target to implement a lot of good changes.

Among the changes, from immediate to hopeful:

• Roster Update w/ faces
  • Uniform fixes
  • Stadium texture fixes
  • In-Game Text Overhaul
  • Datafile overhaul (modified from all of the best datafiles on the site + custom alterations):
    • Difficulty adjustments from Rookie to All-Star to MVP (There will be a restructuring of difficulty so MVP will be a custom difficulty spike. Pro will be the baseline difficulty, or the new Rookie difficulty if you will.)
    • Realistically toned down animations/pace of play
    • Return of default camera angles: Hitters Eye, MVP 2003 (Angled), MVP 2004? (Less Angle), Center and High Heat
    • Toned down camera panning from KSM's camera angles
    • Ball physics/CPU logic/Pitching Meter changes
    • Stadium Lighting
  • New In-Game Overlay (Return of the horizontal bar, or possible font size reduction on all in-game text)
  • Small frontend art changes

Are there any visual bugs or quirks you'd like for me to take a look at, please list them.

Edited by Kccitystar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little sneak tidbit because im so excited... was fooling around with an early "closed" beta of KC datafile for him... turned a triple play.. and my second baseman threw the ball as he was taken out by the runner (ive always hated how unless you get it off instantly you can't turn 2)... Hosmer scoops the ball in the dirt... it was beauty,  Really great things coming in 2015!

Edited by BigRog

Hola KC, These are a few small errors in the faces...

016 Should be Nick Masset
023 Should be Chris Heisey
052 Should be Neal Cotts
126 Should be Mike Redmond
186 Should be Aaron Hicks
197 Should be Tommy Hunter
249 Should be James Paxton
286 Should be Jason Grilli
543 Should be Pedro Strop
617 Should be Yusmeiro Petit
691 Should be Juan Nicasio
697 Should be Steve Delabar
772 Should be Yangervis Solarte
781 Should be Darren O'Day
808 Should be Mike Leake
815 Should be Javier Lopez
830 Should be Henry Urrutia
833 Should be Brock Holt
858 Should be Tanner Scheppers
872 Should be Jarrod Parker
873 Should be Welington Castillo

I can send you a file with all those faces, if you wish.

Hola KC, These are a few small errors in the faces...

016 Should be Nick Masset
023 Should be Chris Heisey
052 Should be Neal Cotts
126 Should be Mike Redmond
186 Should be Aaron Hicks
197 Should be Tommy Hunter
249 Should be James Paxton
286 Should be Jason Grilli
543 Should be Pedro Strop
617 Should be Yusmeiro Petit
691 Should be Juan Nicasio
697 Should be Steve Delabar
772 Should be Yangervis Solarte
781 Should be Darren O'Day
808 Should be Mike Leake
815 Should be Javier Lopez
830 Should be Henry Urrutia
833 Should be Brock Holt
858 Should be Tanner Scheppers
872 Should be Jarrod Parker
873 Should be Welington Castillo

I can send you a file with all those faces, if you wish.

​That will help, thank you

Did I really mess up that many faces? I might need to put together a patch 2 a bit sooner.

I've also fixed some Twins uniforms and added some player audio. Does anyone have any player audio requests?

​1.5 should be the quickfixes, 2.0 should be the full on update

Did I really mess up that many faces? I might need to put together a patch 2 a bit sooner.

I've also fixed some Twins uniforms and added some player audio. Does anyone have any player audio requests?

​Matt Adams, Kolten Wong, and Randal Grichuk.

Kyleb my friend, you're a little rushed. jeferomer and I will soon do a lot cyberface updates. Patch 2 will be the best ... We all need to be patient, but because we the middle of the season, have the perfect game. :friends:

• 2 weeks later...
  • I don't think the inning is shown in between innings (when defense is running off the field).... just the box score.
  • I did find a setting somewhere if people want the ball distance NOT to show while being hit to the outfield.  Reminds me of a pinball game.  (I'm sure I put it in another thread).
  • I think the semi-transparent black box to the left of the player's intro line (the one that holds the team logo) is unnecessary and looks too cluttered.
  • A stadium thing:  I always thought score boards that had some other team on there looked weird.  That and no numbers.  Would rather see "Visitor" and a bunch of zeros versus what's there.

If I'm up to it, do you guys want me to handle the roster stuff, including MLB'ers adjustments?  If so, then, ya, trade deadline would be better.

Edited by Gordo

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been staying with "regular" roster updating, if you want to include that in the pack. (The other stuff I've released has been more of the experimental kind)

Whichever yields more realistic results will be used in Patch 2, that's the overall goal to me

That's a tough one because that's going to depend on the level and sliders that people inject into their game.  All I can try to do is continue building on what kyleb did with the rosters once he took them over.  Depending on when you want to release a patch, if I'm doing well, I can bring in the same major changes that I've done in the past for prominent major league players. But the realistic results are going to hinge on how people set up their sliders ultimately.  All we can do is suggest and provide guidelines and options.

That's a tough one because that's going to depend on the level and sliders that people inject into their game.  All I can try to do is continue building on what kyleb did with the rosters once he took them over.  Depending on when you want to release a patch, if I'm doing well, I can bring in the same major changes that I've done in the past for prominent major league players. But the realistic results are going to hinge on how people set up their sliders ultimately.  All we can do is suggest and provide guidelines and options.

The cut-off date is sometime around the trade deadline.
That's my target goal, but I know it'll probably be the week after the trade deadline due to roster moves.