MVP Baseball 15 Patch 2 Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of having the schedule automatically updated to 2015? I've had zero luck in any mod since 2005 in getting that fixed. Also, just wanted to thank all the awesome people dedicated to still making this game amazing.

​Not possible, unfortunately. I could send you a 2015 dynasty if you PM me what team you wanted

​The cut-off date is sometime around the trade deadline.
That's my target goal, but I know it'll probably be the week after the trade deadline due to roster moves.

​Be sure to hit me up before you release it. I've been collecting everything as well as doing some of my own work. Just updated Baltimore uniforms to have the correct sleeves for 2015.

​Be sure to hit me up before you release it. I've been collecting everything as well as doing some of my own work. Just updated Baltimore uniforms to have the correct sleeves for 2015.

​I'll reach out to everyone before it ever shows up on site bro, don't worry :)

Awesome job on this everyone! I'm loving the game so far...especially more since the first update. I've only played 12 games in a season for the White Sox so far so I haven't noticed too much as of yet but I would love to give my opinions if you would like to hear them.

Here are a couple of quirks I've noticed:

1) The Indians logos on the wall of the Cleveland Indians bullpen are mirror images when the camera shoots over to show a pitcher warming up.

2) The large scoreboard at Progressive Field in Cleveland was stuck on Carlos Santana all game. I'm not sure if it's like this at any other stadium or if it should be changing with each batter.

3) There were 7 triples hit in a game at Detroit Tigers stadium, all in the right center field gap. It seems a little deep there and takes a while for the outfielders to get to a ball. Even the slowest players on the field were getting triples there.

4) I changed Chris Sale's delivery motion from Chris Redmond to Generic 9. It gives him a more realistic side-arm throwing motion as opposed to the over-the-top motion Redmond's delivery had.

5) I did a few attribute changes to the pitchers on the Sox roster just to match their velocities I've been seeing them throw in games this year.

Like I said, it's not much and it's very minor stuff but I know you want to make a "perfect product" so I'll help however I can. What you're doing here is beyond remarkable and I appreciate it as much or more than anyone here. I wish I would've found out about it years ago when you first started it. I've missed this game and it still is the greatest baseball video game ever made. Keep it up and let me know if there's anything else I can do!!!

There's a lot of stadiums that have static images and the like.  Not many stadiums have living scoreboards either, other than the (annoying) jumbotrons.  Stadium adjustments will probably depend on certain people having the time to make them.  You can always go back to previous versions in a given mod.  As far as individual player attributes, that's always going to be the case.  Roster makers, like myself, are always looking for feedback on tweaks so that they overall capture the realism of the game as things get missed (or there are typo errors, e.g., an 87 put in for a 97), but very few things are said.   The bottom line is that you're not gonna get living rosters, unless someone does this as a part time job and that would need reimbursement.

Those are the realities. But we're trying to do what we can.

I finally got the MVP Edit to work, that was user error, but I'm still clueless on this schedule updater.  Every time I download the 1994 mod, all I see are a patch.exe file, a TiT file, an install.txt file and the actual mod file itself.  I really don't want to download the file on my CPU somewhere and even cause a chance that it will mess up my perfectly working MVP 15 mod.  Do I have to install it to get the schedule updater and if so, where is it in the file?  I really need a step-by-step procedure if anyone can post one or link me to one please.  It's the only thing standing in my way of getting my franchise going.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some ongoing notes on what's changing in Patch 2:

Visual Changes: I held a minor role in this project in the beginning doing the frontend work for the game which included menu screens and gave kyleb the freedom to create the loading screens to wrap up my role. As kyleb is enjoying his summer (as he should), I decided to tackle more visual stuff and decided to attempt to implement some more design choices that I feel are in the spirit of the original game as it was released, as the showdown between pitcher/hitter was always big focus for the MVP series when it was being developed. 

I think the biggest change will be the overlay that will be included in this mod.

For a long time, I've noticed that there have been more and more things added to the in-game overlay which were perceived as being integral to the gameplay, things like runner speeds, pitcher stamina, pitch count, things like that.

Over time, I realized that this additional data would be insanely beneficial if the game was in 16:9 format (widescreen), as there would be a lot more screen space dedicated to show these things. However, unfortunately, that's not the case. After doing some testing on changing font sizes, maybe moving these things somewhere else on the screen, I came to the realization after taking some screenshots that a horizontal scorebug or a smaller sized one is the way to go, with no extra data included. I realized that If I have to pause the game to view these things, that's perfectly okay, as it was the intention of the developers by design to maintain as much visual space as possible on the screen due to the 4:3 resolution. You can say it's best to go back to basics, I guess.

From a design standpoint, having as much information on display as possible gives me the least amount of effective screen space to concentrate on what's going on. For example, I will show a couple of screenshots to illustrate my point.

3IvonhR.jpg

This has been the defacto standard with overlays since...I want to say 2008? 2007? As you see, there's a lot going on. A lot of this data is possible to view if I paused the game so I don't think it's necessary to have it on the screen at any point in the AB.

I was always a fan of the horizontal bar which was completely unobtrusive and would often provide a lot of effective screen space, but there is an overlay I found that hits the mark.

DQ6xCKB.jpg

An even smaller scorebug would be just as effective if not, perfect:

nGIqtEf.jpg

This is the 07 overlay by Trues and I'm looking to tweak either this overlay or the 2006 MLB on FOX overlay for Patch 2. There's as much screen space as possible to concentrate on the at-bat, and all of the information you need relevant to the current AB is there as unobtrusive as possible within the confines of the game's 4:3 resolution, and any advanced information that you need to know can be accessed by pausing the game.

I will stress that by all means, you can use your own overlay of choice, as maybe your user experience varies from my own, and that's okay. We've got a lot of overlays on our site for that reason ;)

I'll go into more of the performance stuff tomorrow, but that's all I'll disclose for now in terms of visuals ;)

Agree about the smaller score bug and pitch select display. 

If there is ANY way to get the pitch type/speed that you see after a pitch to a static spot (as you would see broadcast in a real game), that would be awesome.

Agree about the smaller score bug and pitch select display. 

If there is ANY way to get the pitch type/speed that you see after a pitch to a static spot (as you would see broadcast in a real game), that would be awesome.

I'll see what I can do. This is what I've got so far:

dFMcIux.pngkxg8FE1.png

Looks good.... my other 2c is take out the "15".... that way in future years when someone wants to use it (or keep it), it doesn't seem so dated.  E.g., the Trues 07 one is great but it says 07 in various places.

Final release won't have the 15. No worries.