MLB 2K12 Texture Editor (Beta)

Kccitystar

So I took the weekend to give the community a little treat: I've come to find out that the common tool of choice for a long time has been the NBA2K Mod Tool, which uses Java and can often be broken. Fear not, friends. There's something better. I've been using the 3DM Mod Tool and all it's chinese text throughout the entire time I've been modding and I've finally decided to decompile the program, translate it and recompile for use here stateside.

Yeah, I know, better late than ever.

Features:
- Recompiled and 99% translated from the 3DM NBA2K Mod Tool 0.4.48.0 with Visual Studio 2013.
- Import/Export content from .IFF files for every NBA/MLB 2K game up until 2009.
- Import/Export 3D models in N2KM format for use in Blender

Instructions:
Please make sure your system has all of the following: Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable SP1 or higher, .NET Framework 4.0 or higher, DirectX (June 2010) or later (with D3DX9_43.DLL)

What's included:
zlib.dll decompression library for public use
"DXRender_4.dll" for the utility to run and export files

How to use this tool:
When you open a file that's associated with a CDF, there may be a 3-4 second delay as it is processing the CDF file.

How to import and export textures/models in your IFF file:
The preview column appears on the right. Click on a texture map on the top left column of the list, and the texture will show on the right with the dimensions and DXT type labeled on the top right corner of the left column.

Right clicking on the texture will present 4 options:

[Original size] If the image is not the proper size, clicking this will resize the picture to it's original resolution.
[Fit To Screen] The image will auto-resize to fit the application. Self-explanatory.
[Export] will save the image in one of 3 formats: DDS (recommended), PNG, or BMP.
[Import] will import any file that you modified in one of the 3 formats listed (DDS, PNG, and BMP). NOTE: The file you are importing HAS TO BE THE SAME DXT FORMAT AS THE SOURCE as well as the same resolution. If you do not do this, the program will import the file in the original source format, so please make sure your files are technically the same formatting as it was exported.

[Map Texture to 3D model] will attempt to map the currently displayed texture to any visible 3D model listed below the texture list.
[Unmap Texture from 3D model] will remove the texture that is mapped onto the 3D model.
[Model Analysis 2] This function could not have been determined at time of release but is there as part of the previous 3DM Mod Tool functions.

3D NOTES
There is a 3d file list on the second left-hand column. If the .IFF file contains 3D models, it will list the models available to display. When you click one of the 3D files, the program will display a new window with the 3D model.

[Export File] N2KM exported file can be opened with 3dmax or blender (you would need to use the N2KM Format plug-in)
[Import File] Clicking Import File will allow you to replace the in-game models. NOTE: The number of vertices imported in your N2KM model should remain consistent with the source file, or the game will crash. DO NOT add or delete vertices. Just change the shape model and the game will load properly.

Saving your stuff
When you modify an .IFF file (replacing the texture or replace an iff file's 3D model), you need to select [File]->[Save] or [Save as] in order to properly save your file.
Clicking [Save] will replace your old iff file with the edited version. Clicking [Save as] will allow you to save your modified .iff file to another destination without overwriting the original.

Gentlemen, LETS MOD

kccity, thanks for the info.

3dm I use that tool, and is good

but I have a problem that maybe you can help me. charge whenever the exported dds texture with 3dm in the blender did not sign either, as not all the texture load in the model can see only parts.

that you think might happen, blender or it will be exported to poor texture and model.

impr pant.jpg

impr pant 2.jpg

kccity, thanks for the info.

3dm I use that tool, and is good

but I have a problem that maybe you can help me. charge whenever the exported dds texture with 3dm in the blender did not sign either, as not all the texture load in the model can see only parts.

that you think might happen, blender or it will be exported to poor texture and model.

impr pant.jpg

impr pant 2.jpg

​I'm not too sure how I can help, I haven't been able to get cyberfaces working for me at all because the textures don't map properly. Sorry.

ok thanks, but I know not save the texture dds format if not in PNG format. and so I load texutura While the model n2km and looks great.

but you also saw that the mesh model does not fit with the texture is very rare.

maybe some modder as scottybilly and wulds that make cyberfaces can help us with the management blender and export-import textures and models. can you ask them about this problem and maybe they can help us

scottybilly thanks for replying, you can tell me what tools you use to create a cyberface.

I use photoshop and blender, but as you saw already have problems loading the texture and 3d models do not engage the mesh edit cyberface.

I would be very grateful if you tell me what tools you use to create your cyberface which are very good and I congratulate you for your hard work and the contribution you make to the website. regards   :rolleyes:

I use photoshop. The nba mod tool or the 3D mod tool that kccitystar just released opens the cyberface file. I am not entirely familiar with how Blender works aside from it being used to change 3d head/face models. I believe you need to use a cyberface file converter to change the cyberface file into an .iff file in order to open the 3D model in either mod tool.Look on moddingway.com for the cyberface file converter that I'm referring to.

I use photoshop. The nba mod tool or the 3D mod tool that kccitystar just released opens the cyberface file. I am not entirely familiar with how Blender works aside from it being used to change 3d head/face models. I believe you need to use a cyberface file converter to change the cyberface file into an .iff file in order to open the 3D model in either mod tool.Look on moddingway.com for the cyberface file converter that I'm referring to.

Looks like I'm going to have to fire up an x86 operating system to get the cyberface converter to run, which sucks because I have to go to great lengths to mod one thing

my friend thank you very much for your help.

then you do not use the blender to model cyberface, what tool you use for 3D editing.

I want to learn to create cyberface quality as you do to contribute more to the website

you could give me the link to download the  cyberface file converter
I look but can not find, I thank you very much for your recommendation greetings

my friend thank you very much for your help.

then you do not use the blender to model cyberface, what tool you use for 3D editing.

I want to learn to create cyberface quality as you do to contribute more to the website

you could give me the link to download the  cyberface file converter
I look but can not find, I thank you very much for your recommendation greetings

​Scottybilly doesn't do 3D editing.

kccity friend know, what I mean is what tool used to model scottybilly cyberface according to the real face of the player.

unless scottybilly only fit the new face, the texture of the original face created in the game and only after the mountain in the same model without editing.

you say you scottybilly? jejejeje

scottybilly my friend thank you very much, and I understood you only work in photoshop textures with new cyberfaces you will create, without touching the 3d model.

I already did my first cyberface that way, only mount the face texture that uses as a basis to create the new face.

I create a cyberface in that same way, and I share them to give me your opinion and your critics.

I wonder if you can give me the tutorial to learn more about this, or maybe give me the link to view the tutorial

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...