MVP 15 reinstalling automatically?

hollafamer

I replied in another forum thread so I apologize for the duplicate post but figured I should start a new one. I have a bit of an odd issue. I DL and installed MVP 2015 total conversion mod, but it's "auto" installing every time I do a fresh install for some reason. I uninstall MVP 2005 off of my computer and all files associated with. I then re-install and install either patch #5 or patch #2, and that's it. When I start the game, I have the MVP 15 total conversion mod working again. How can I get rid of this? Is there a file somewhere I'm missing that I need to delete? Just don't know how it's in my game after a fresh uninstall/reinstall. Thanks for any help.

I replied in another forum thread so I apologize for the duplicate post but figured I should start a new one. I have a bit of an odd issue. I DL and installed MVP 2015 total conversion mod, but it's "auto" installing every time I do a fresh install for some reason. I uninstall MVP 2005 off of my computer and all files associated with. I then re-install and install either patch #5 or patch #2, and that's it. When I start the game, I have the MVP 15 total conversion mod working again. How can I get rid of this? Is there a file somewhere I'm missing that I need to delete? Just don't know how it's in my game after a fresh uninstall/reinstall. Thanks for any help.

​If you made this post in another thread you had no reason to start a new one for the same problem. So please do not do this again in the future.

I have no idea what you mean by Mvp 15 automatically installing. It doesn't work that way. To install this mod you have to start the installation process yourself.

Questions:

Why are you uninstalling the game?

Why are you installing two different patches? Just install patch #2. Patch 3, 4 and 5 are roster updates and you don't need that.

At one time, I did install the mod, but I no longer want the TC 15 mod in the game for me. So I uninstalled all components of the game. Upon a fresh reinstall, the very first time I open the game up again, the MVP 15 mod is still in effect. Sorry the confusion, I am not installing 2 different patches. I just, on 2 different occasions, tried those 2. I know you technically don't need to go past
#2, just one time I tried patch #5 and another time I tried patch #2. I just am trying to figure out why, after deleting all files and uninstalling game, I am getting MVP 15 on the very first load instead of the default MVP 2005 game. 

It's looks like it's "auto installing" because while you did uninstall MVP 2005, there are still files in the directory MVP was originally installed. Uninstall the game again, and make sure you do not have an EA SPORTS folder in your Program Files directory.

Follow the guide I posted a couple of weeks ago.

Also, about the patch you should install, people will always tell you to install Patch 2 and be done with it but I beg to differ.

I tend to install Patch 5, regardless of whether or not it's perceived to be a roster update because it's the last patch EA made for the game and it updates the .exe to it's final date of 12/12/2005.

Thank you both for the quick replies. I have uninstalled the game again, but I have done what you suggested before. I uninstalled any previously installed mods, anything from my MVP 2005 folder in documents. I do still have an EA Sports folder in my Program Files but it does not contain anything for MVP 2005, just other EA Sports titles. So to me, it looks like everything MVP-related has been uninstalled and is gone.