Very weird roster bug found...need others to help confirm.

BSU-FAN

Hello Everyone. I have been working hard trying to release a Memorial day roster update for 2k12 but have been delayed because I have come across a very strange bug that causes a crash in franchise mode every single time I do it ...no matter which roster I use... including the default 2K roster!!! However, after hours and hours of searching for the culprit of the crash to desktop that occurs at the end of every season in franchise mode... I have finally discovered that whenever I begin a franchise with Michael Morse not in the majors (so either in AAA, AA, A, or FA) the game will crash at the same point at the end of the season. I tested this with several different rosters and each and every time I send Michael Morse to free agency or AAA and start a franchise.. the game will CTD right after the world series of the first year. If I I start the season with him up on an MLB squad the game will work fine and move on to the next season. I was curious if anyone else could test this out on their computer/set-up and make sure this isn't an isolated problem on my end?  I can tell there is an issue right from the begging of the regular season because the notification is just a little bit different right when the regular season is starting. When the game is working properly (and Michael Morse is up on an MLB squad) the game pops up a message welcoming you to opening day and prompts you with 2 options to adjust rosters for the 40 to 25 man roster change. When the crash will occur it just gives you one simple message saying that the regular season is going to start with no options in the pop up window. If anyone could help provide any further info on this issue I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Could it have anything to do with how poorly he is playing this season? J/K. What happens if you place Morse on the disabled list? Do you get the same issue?  As of today he is on the DL.

​Lol. That's how I noticed the issue. I tried putting him down in AAA as I do all other MLB players on the 15 day DL and was shocked when the season crashed. I haven't tried using the editor to place him on the DL but that may be the workaround. Either that or the Marlins will have 26 men on my next roster with a disclaimer about the issue. Once the regular season starts you can send him down to AAA and it will work just fine..its weird. Its as if he was in cahoots with 2K... He is the only player I have ever found that has to be on an MLB squad. The good news is the new roster is epic...i have mtached all portrait ID and face Id's to the roster you sent me after opening day. I have also added in over 150 new minor leaguers and prospects along with tons of other little gems;) 

Edited by BSU-FAN

That sounds very awesome. I probably have portraits done for a majority of those 150 new minor leaguers/prospects already. I managed to take your last franchise file you posted in April and edited generic players into actual players for every minor league team so every minor league team has 25 players on it. But eventually after about 20 games my franchise crashed and haven't figured out why yet, but I will start over once you post your newest file.

I want to have my overlay hex edits included in this roster :)

​ Thanks...I can send the file over to you once I have this Morse issue solved. How long does it usually take you to do? 

That sounds very awesome. I probably have portraits done for a majority of those 150 new minor leaguers/prospects already. I managed to take your last franchise file you posted in April and edited generic players into actual players for every minor league team so every minor league team has 25 players on it. But eventually after about 20 games my franchise crashed and haven't figured out why yet, but I will start over once you post your newest file.

​I have figured out how to solve pretty every crash or issue I have ever run into but this Morse one is very odd. Also pretty much all of the new minor leaguers have blank unused cyberface ID's right now..there may be one or two still out there with a previously used ID but I do know all the fake players now have blank ones as well. I found a bank of ID numbers that have yet to be used so as you create new players in game those players will have unused portrait IDs assigned to the as well.

I have had this weird bug where if I go to the Home Run Derby mode just for fun, my game crashes to the desktop after I select all my guys and attempt to start the game

​Does it happen with all rosters or one specifically?  I know I have played home run derby successfully a few times but it's been a while since I tested it. I am trying to make this new roster work as good or better than the default one and so far I have pretty much everything working as it did. The My player and create a team modes work great and you can now edit your My players face again using the in game editor along with any of the create-a-players' faces as well.

I can send you a copy of my franchise file for reference so you can see what portrait ID numbers I used for players I added or edited myself, as I'm sure you have added many of the same players yourself in your roster file. That way I can release a portrait pack that is for your latest roster file.

MLB2K15byBsuFanFxV2.rar

Thanks. ​I can probably extract and use some of the ID numbers..especially the major prospects and current call ups. However I wont be able to do what did was with the last roster file since a 99% of the players in that file were already created and assigned a "row" in Reditor. Simple explenaton...I wont be able to copy and paste the ids over lke I did in the last one. 

I just tested out the homerun derby with my new roster and it loaded and played without a crash. The "0" homerun problem is because it is looking for the players last season stats which I removed in order to replace them with career stats through the 2014 season.