Help with Trading in Dynasty Mode

the_soup_nazi

Hello all,

I've recently started a dynasty and have had some trouble with trading. I tried to trade Victor Martinez for some decent prospects with no luck (not that much of a surprise considering his age). However, I then proceeded to try to trade Martinez for the worst rated prospect in the Red Sox's farm system, and the Red Sox declined the trade. Is anyone else having this problem? Also I was able to trade for Giancarlo Stanton for Martinez, so I'm really confused with how the trading system works.

Thanks in advance!

you have to factor in salary when making trades. Teams would be reluctant to take on Victor's contract, considering his age. It's not just about "how good" the prospects are. It's more complicated than that.

Also, it's probably not the best idea to make big trades in April, as teams aren't necessarily looking to make acquisitions yet. It's better to wait until close to the deadline as it's more realistic