Patch 2 Survey: FOV adjustments for 16:9 monitors?

Kccitystar

Stretch or Original?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do you play MVP Baseball 2005?

• Original format, 4:3 Resolution
    • Stretched to fit my monitor

Everyone,

I just wanted some community input on how you guys play MVP Baseball 2005. As I'm including a datafile update with Patch 2, I'm looking for some input on how you guys play the game from a visual standpoint. Do you guys play it as purists with the original 4:3 resolution (so the game plays within a box on your monitor), or do you have the game stretched out on your display in widescreen?

The reason I ask is so that I can alter the FOV (field of view) to accomodate widescreen format for you all so you can view ALL of the field and not just whatever was limited to 4:3 resolution.

It's not going to make the *entire* game widescreen but it will give the perception that the game is in natural widescreen format.

Take a vote, and thanks!

Edited by Kccitystar

I've been bumping up the FOV from the 4:3 average of 45 to 90 and it looks stunning. I'll work on the fielding cameras as well. The hitting cams as well as cameras the game uses to pan around the field look amazing since the field gets scaled and looks HUGE.

I like the widescreen view personally.  I have three video cards in SLI on a 71 inch LED screen, so the box makes it not look right being so big.

Thanks for your hard work on my favorite baseball game!

My rationale for changing up the FOV is simple. The game is designed in 4:3 format. Originally had FOV values like 43, 60, etc. that made the field view and cameras narrow to fit that format.

An FOV value of 75 or even 90 would make the field appear wider as its' supposed to look to emphasize the size of the field and exactly how much actual ground the fielders have to cover. It also helps with all of the changes I've done to the datafile in regards to ball trajectory. To someone playing the game in a stretch-to-fit mode, as most people who play 4:3 games do, this will at least make the field look normal, somewhat.

4:3 aspect.  I don't like how the players look squat and fat in 16:9.    I also tested what you had in the other thread and I thought the broadcast view was too far away.  I don't think you can see more of the field if there isn't anything in the programming to show more of the field when you change to 16:9 regardless.

• 1 month later...