MVP 15 lagging

First off, just want to say that I love the mod. I installed it last night, played a few games no problem, ran very smoothly. Well today, I uninstalled MVP and reinstalled it (not to my program files, I installed the mod there and when I installed it there, it just ran as MVP 15 again, so I installed it clean to my desktop), copied over the folder so I could have the original game and MVP 15 separate, installed the mod, applied Patch 1 and the mid-June roster update with TiT. Booted it up, made a new dynasty, changed the year with the Schedule Updater, and went into the first game. Instead of it running smoothly, it lags really badly. Any help? Not sure I can describe it better than this.

As the game has become recently popular in an age where there are disc-less PC games, many people have looked towards finding a no-cd crack for this game. MVP Baseball 2005 has had 5 patches released over the course of the 2005 season to resolve many issues, and the stuttering/lag effect (which shows up when you say, throw a ball across the diamond to first base or from the outfield back into the infield) was fixed after the 3rd patch.

The no-cd crack, which you can find if you look hard enough, only patches the initial v1.0 release of the game and does not fix this issue. There are no v1.1 or v1.2 versions of the no-cd crack, unfortunately.

As we live in an age where there's Steam and Origin and other ways of digitally downloading PC games, this is a discussion, let alone a subject that I tread lightly on as part of the forum guidelines.

As the game has become recently popular in an age where there are disc-less PC games, many people have looked towards finding a no-cd crack for this game. MVP Baseball 2005 has had 5 patches released over the course of the 2005 season to resolve many issues, and the stuttering/lag effect (which shows up when you say, throw a ball across the diamond to first base or from the outfield back into the infield) was fixed after the 3rd patch.

The no-cd crack, which you can find if you look hard enough, only patches the initial v1.0 release of the game and does not fix this issue. There are no v1.1 or v1.2 versions of the no-cd crack, unfortunately.

As we live in an age where there's Steam and Origin and other ways of digitally downloading PC games, this is a discussion, let alone a subject that I tread lightly on as part of the forum guidelines.

I have my CDs. And it doesn't just lag when you throw the ball, it lags all the time, aside from maybe a few seconds. My regular install of MVP 05 works fine.

I've noticed that I have some severe lag with some specific ballparks. Fenway was bad, for example. When I come across one, I just copy the unmodded ballpark out of my clean MVP 2005 install and it runs smoothly.

I know in the Total Classics mod, some of the parks are completely unplayable for me, especially old Yankee Stadium. I've tried the 4GB patch too. I think our systems just can't handle the bulkier modded stadiums.

Hi all;  I've had a problem with the game freezing up in the fourth game I play.  I got tired of hare booting my computer AND reinstalling so omitted the MVP Official Patch 5 AND the MVP15 Patch 1.  I reinstalled the game, official patch 4, MVP 15, and the June Roster patch and this time and everything seems to be working fine.

Perhaps this info might help you.

Cheers!

when some you are having the lag issues, and a couple have said it maybe cant be handled by your system, what the setup of the rugs. if say one built after 2010 i don't know why that be the issue. before that, i don't know. the reason i say this is because the needs of game, unless im missing something should far better than what needed at this point. remember the needs of the game even supped up should not be that hard on systems after 2010. that an example. some of the files cant be beyond a certain size, there could an issue. if a file is byhond the size it was made o be, it could cause issues. remember the game is ten years, ago, and systems are several generations removed form that time.

just a thought

I've noticed that I have some severe lag with some specific ballparks. Fenway was bad, for example. When I come across one, I just copy the unmodded ballpark out of my clean MVP 2005 install and it runs smoothly.

Yeah, just did that. Worked perfect, as expected.

I don't recall too many issues, if any, with ball parks from the 08 and 12 mods.

08 stadiums are the best bet. I've replaced all the MVP 15 stadiums with those, along with default uniform files from MVP 05 + thespungo's 2010 uni update and everything is running perfectly. Once I got my models.big down to where it is now (~ 556 mb) I've had zero freezes / crashes

08 stadiums are the best bet. I've replaced all the MVP 15 stadiums with those, along with default uniform files from MVP 05 + thespungo's 2010 uni update and everything is running perfectly. Once I got my models.big down to where it is now (~ 556 mb) I've had zero freezes / crashes

I'll download 08 and 12 later and check. Thanks!