Play MVP Baseball 2005 (2015 Mod) Without Disc?

uptightjj

I used to have MVP Baseball 05 on an older PC of mine, but I built my own new gaming rig recently and didn't install a disc drive (Didn't see the need to) So I installed MVP Baseball from a flash drive that had all of my old game files on it and after installing the 2015 Total Conversion mod I mounted the game images to play, but it says that I need to insert the disc into the disc drive. Please note that I AM NOT pirating the games, I DO have my own copy. I mounted with Daemon tools. If anyone knows how to run the game without having the disc in the drive it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Edited by uptightjj

you could get an external usb cd drive.

i dont understand not installing a cd drive on a gaming rig... i understand everything these days is usually downloaded over the internet, but still.....  you never know when you buy something and the software they give you is a disc and not downloadable online.  Ran into this problem one time with hauppage.  if i download from their website i need to pay for the software again.  if i install from the disc its free

I have an external DVD drive that I sparingly use for OS reinstalls/motherboard drivers

but see you still have one, hence my suggestion of getting an external.... you kind of reinforced it that sometimes you need the cd drive still

but see you still have one, hence my suggestion of getting an external.... you kind of reinforced it that sometimes you need the cd drive still

Guess I never really saw the outstanding need until now. I even installed windows on a bootable USB key I made. The only reason I didn't get one in the first place was because I cut my costs down and went with the cheapest MOBO I could find (no IDE ports) and I have no SATA disc drives and never came across a time I needed one...until now!!! On top of that I'm not sure if my MVP 05 would even get a clean read considering all of the built up scratches over the years.

it's not that big of a deal as long as you have a drive somewhere.  i have it on my desktop and nowhere else.  they're really becoming obsolete, but that means you can get one for really cheap.  you can get a sata drive for dirt cheap on craigslist i bet.  i have a place here that recycles computers and sells them for a non-profit so they've always got them.  either way they're dirt cheap to have a drive.

i also snagged one off a computer i was recycling.  

it's not that big of a deal as long as you have a drive somewhere.  i have it on my desktop and nowhere else.  they're really becoming obsolete, but that means you can get one for really cheap.  you can get a sata drive for dirt cheap on craigslist i bet.  i have a place here that recycles computers and sells them for a non-profit so they've always got them.  either way they're dirt cheap to have a drive.

i also snagged one off a computer i was recycling.  

I guess I could use that as my final option, but I was really hoping to at least find some way to do what I want to do. Like I said not sure if my discs will even read anymore :/