Question About MVP 2005

RevanFan

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. Please direct me to the proper forum if it is wrong.

I recently have had the desire to play baseball on PC, but I can't really find much for the last 2k Game I have. So, I decided to look for MVP 2005, and I found that it was $99 on Amazon. I have no desire to pay that much if I don't have to, so I am here to ask if anyone here has a copy they would be willing to part with for a decent price. If you do have a copy you are willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong forum or if questions such as this are not allowed.

Skydude..... you have no idea what you're talking about.  From time to time people have posted their available copies here and from what I know, do so at a reasonable price.

RevanFan...you just have to keep watching the site.

Fair enough but I find it really, really hard to believe they would sell it for cheap knowing there are copies going for $100+ given I have no idea how "fast" those copies are selling. I'm just thrilled I found mine. Would absolutely hate having to buy this game, not because its a great game, but because the way people want to extort you. I heard one guy found one copy for $3.99. What a freaking deal that guy got.

Edited by Slydude3129

Fair enough but I find it really, really hard to believe they would sell it for cheap knowing there are copies going for $100+ given I have no idea how "fast" those copies are selling. I'm just thrilled I found mine. Would absolutely hate having to buy this game, not because its a great game, but because the way people want to extort you. I heard one guy found one copy for $3.99. What a freaking deal that guy got.

Again,you assume. I can recall in the not so distant past where members here have sold their copy of the game in the 30 to 40 dollar price range. People do not sell their game here a lot but when they do there seems to be better deals here than anywhere else.

Again,you assume. I can recall in the not so distant past where members here have sold their copy of the game in the 30 to 40 dollar price range. People do not sell their game here a lot but when they do there seems to be better deals here than anywhere else.

Are you a parrot old man? Do you not see Gordo's post above that I quoted? Did you not read my post that you yourself quoted? I get it old man, you don't like me, and I believe its safe to say the feeling is mutual.

Edited by Slydude3129

I think the name calling and disrespectful addressing needs to stop.  I'm sure admins. are seeing it, but if not then I'll bring it to their attention. 

Let's all be cool.

I agree, but I don't like being stalked just because I don't like someone's baseball team. It might have been me that crossed the line first, but I'm sorry if I don't back down or get bullied around by some dude that doesn't like me personally because I don't like his baseball team. And anytime you attempt to attack me personally over an opinion I have, just a stupid opinion, makes me more upset than anything.

Thankfully there is something I can inhale that calms me down.

Edited by Slydude3129

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. Please direct me to the proper forum if it is wrong.

I recently have had the desire to play baseball on PC, but I can't really find much for the last 2k Game I have. So, I decided to look for MVP 2005, and I found that it was $99 on Amazon. I have no desire to pay that much if I don't have to, so I am here to ask if anyone here has a copy they would be willing to part with for a decent price. If you do have a copy you are willing to part with, please let me know. Thanks.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong forum or if questions such as this are not allowed.

It took me a moment to recognize who you were.  I appreciate all the work you have done on the Madden 08 pc modding front.  Occasionally copies do go for $70 on Ebay but I wound't expect much lower.  But as Y4L pointed out the occasional mvpmods member does sell them for much more reasonable prices.

It took me a moment to recognize who you were.  I appreciate all the work you have done on the Madden 08 pc modding front.  Occasionally copies do go for $70 on Ebay but I wound't expect much lower.  But as Y4L pointed out the occasional mvpmods member does sell them for much more reasonable prices.

Someone from this forum actually offered me his copy for free. So, I have reason to be very thankful. And thanks for your kind words about the Madden modding. My upcoming life requirements have forced me to retire from working on the major mod, but I'll still be doing some side stuff.

Edited by RevanFan

Someone from this forum actually offered me his copy for free. So, I have reason to be very thankful. And thanks for your kind words about the Madden modding. My upcoming life requirements have forced me to retire from working on the major mod, but I'll still be doing some side stuff.

Yea lifes other requirements take our time. Modding 2K12 is something I really love to do in my spare time. 

Yea lifes other requirements take our time. Modding 2K12 is something I really love to do in my spare time. 

I only bought 2k11, so I got screwed out of any future mods for that series.

I didn't know there was a modding community for any of the Madden Games. Great, now I'm going to have to dig around in the attic to find where I have stored my copy of Madden 08. But I think the last one I bought was 07, I don't remember.

I used to be the team leader of the main mod team that updates Madden 08 every season. The mod is the FF/FI XV mod. I think it is our finest work yet. Madden 08 on Amazon is about $10, so if you get it, let us know your thoughts.

Also, while I'm here, would any of you know what MVP 2005 mods to get? I know there's a big one for 2015, but I am also interested in historic seasons.

I used to be the team leader of the main mod team that updates Madden 08 every season. The mod is the FF/FI XV mod. I think it is our finest work yet. Madden 08 on Amazon is about $10, so if you get it, let us know your thoughts.

Also, while I'm here, would any of you know what MVP 2005 mods to get? I know there's a big one for 2015, but I am also interested in historic seasons.

I will have to try those out! Did it make any adjustment to make the game feel more real? That has always been my main complaint about the Madden series. And there might not be a way to "mod" that. If I do find it, or do repurchase it, I will make a point to let you know what my thoughts were.

I can't speak for the TC Mods (Total Classic) but the MVP 15 one is very well done. That doesn't do it justice either. It is very, very well done. Though I do plan on trying out the 1994 TC and 1977 TC mods.

I will have to try those out! Did it make any adjustment to make the game feel more real? That has always been my main complaint about the Madden series. And there might not be a way to "mod" that. If I do find it, or do repurchase it, I will make a point to let you know what my thoughts were.

I can't speak for the TC Mods (Total Classic) but the MVP 15 one is very well done. That doesn't do it justice either. It is very, very well done. Though I do plan on trying out the 1994 TC and 1977 TC mods.

Well, for the most realistic experience, I'd recommend our mod along with one other, calhoupe's Madden Scripts. That mod contains many things that adjust rules and play to keep it current. His next version is going to make all facemask penalties 15 yards instead of having a 5-yard alternate. He also has the kickoff from the 35, a fix for shanked punts by the CPU, new overtime rules, new moves for runners, and the new extra point from the 15-yard line. There's more, but those are some big parts.

I downloaded every total classic mod that interested me, as well as MVP 15 and the patch. So, I guess I'll have some stuff to look forward to.

Yea you guys are insane. Slydude youve been missing out.

RevanFan I honestly own three copies of 2K12.  Two of which are still in plastic. If u really want one ill sell u one for a honest price.  PM me if youre interested. 

I have found in life that is my consistent story. But hey, consistency.

I can speak for the TC mods, however, I'm biased since I created or worked with others to create most of them.  I'm very proud of them and if you look at the comments, others seem to like them as well.  When creating the TC single season mods, I (or we) tried to make them truly immersive (is that a word?) so that you feel like you are back in that particular year.

In other words, you get authentic stadiums, uniforms, jukebox music, walkup music, game intro music, rosters, player portraits, player faces, etc. from the particular year being re-created.  Stadium select screens, menu screens and loading screens also reflect the particular year.  The announcers say player names and stadium names.  For some of the mods (TC41, TC46, TC51, TC56, TC58), the default MVP announcers have been replaced by a broadcasting team of Vin Scully, Mel Allen and Ernie Harwell.  This audio was a project called "Legends from the Booth" and it took a modder named OTBJoel 3 years to complete.

Try any of the TC mods and you won't be disappointed.  In addition, it's very easy to have multiple installations of the game on your PC so you can have multiple TC mods installed.  Just take a clean (or patched) version of MVP2005, make a new folder and copy all of the MVP2005 game folder (including subfolders) to the new folder.  After that, you just install the TC mod of your choice into the new folder.  I keep a patched version of the original game in a folder on my PC that I never touch.  It is solely there so that I can copy it to a new folder and start fresh whenever I want to install a new single season mod.

I can speak for the TC mods, however, I'm biased since I created or worked with others to create most of them.  I'm very proud of them and if you look at the comments, others seem to like them as well.  When creating the TC single season mods, I (or we) tried to make them truly immersive (is that a word?) so that you feel like you are back in that particular year.

In other words, you get authentic stadiums, uniforms, jukebox music, walkup music, game intro music, rosters, player portraits, player faces, etc. from the particular year being re-created.  Stadium select screens, menu screens and loading screens also reflect the particular year.  The announcers say player names and stadium names.  For some of the mods (TC41, TC46, TC51, TC56, TC58), the default MVP announcers have been replaced by a broadcasting team of Vin Scully, Mel Allen and Ernie Harwell.  This audio was a project called "Legends from the Booth" and it took a modder named OTBJoel 3 years to complete.

Try any of the TC mods and you won't be disappointed.  In addition, it's very easy to have multiple installations of the game on your PC so you can have multiple TC mods installed.  Just take a clean (or patched) version of MVP2005, make a new folder and copy all of the MVP2005 game folder (including subfolders) to the new folder.  After that, you just install the TC mod of your choice into the new folder.  I keep a patched version of the original game in a folder on my PC that I never touch.  It is solely there so that I can copy it to a new folder and start fresh whenever I want to install a new single season mod.

I have no doubt I would love them. I stumbled across a video on Youtube of the 41 or 51 season, and I heard Scully, my jaw dropped. I was already impressed with how they got names into MVP 15, but this indeed is another level entirely.

It does appear very easy to have multiple installs, but I'm afraid the hard drive is either in the process of going bad, or already has gone bad in some places. Whenever I try to copy the folder for MVP I get a cycle redundancy error, and sometimes on reboot, I'll get unmountable boot drive blue screens three of four times before it finally boots up. Right now the only things installed on this PC since I reformatted it earlier this week is Kerbal Space Program, because I'm a Space Junkie, and MVP 05+15. Its all I feel safe installing, as I'm afraid the more of the HD I take up, the more likely and more often the errors will start to occur. And if the hard drive really is going, I've already lost the war, even if I am still winning the battles.

Of course this is all fixable very easily, get a new rig. But with the way I drop money on my rigs, I can't justify it unless I can assure myself that it won't be obsolete in 3 months because the OS I have is "no longer supported" or so other arbitrary bs that pretty much means I've wasted my money. I got really lucky with this rig. I bought it in 06, and it is still "top" of the line for what I want and need it to do, to this day. Sure I can't run KSP at 300% graphics, but I get steady frame rates of 40-60 FPS which are plenty good enough for me. And with someone who grew up thinking it didn't get much better than the upgrade from NES to SNES, I'm not hard to please when it comes to "eye popping" graphics. The only main hindrance with this rig is its RAM limitation at 4gb. But there isn't a game on the market currently that truly uses the 64 bit's ability to blow 32 bits out of the water. KSP for a short time even dropped support for 32 bit systems in favor of 64 bit, only to have the 64 bit be an unstable unusable mess, and them have to revert back to 32 bit.

I understand the potential that 64 bit systems have, but we won't see that being fully used, I feel, until we have the next bit upgrade. It takes time for developers to fully utilize a new OS and bit rate, it won't happen over night just because MS wants people to upgrade from "old" OSs. Yea I've been hot with MS for over a year about this. The only reason my PC is obsolete now, is because MS "says" it is. But it wouldn't be if they would continue to support it. And I really can't stand the move to touch screen OSs, which is why I haven't upgraded sooner. I don't need an OS that is geared for that on a rig I spent 3 grand on. Windows 10, might be the OS I finally upgrade to, if it turns out to be worth a bucket of warm spit

But when I do get my new rig, and I really do hope I'll be able to in the very near future, I guarantee you I will be playing your TC mods. I have a few more ideas on how to get multiple installs, as I might try "installing" the game to a thumb drive, but when I tried that with one the other day, I again was faced with the cycle redundancy error.

Geez proof reading this, it seems like I'm ranting, and I kind of am, but I most certainly don't mean for it to be aimed at you. I hope it doesn't come across that way, as I have a great deal of respect for anyone who does any kind of mod work, no matter how great or small, to continue on the life of a game that is widely loved. Not to mention you do all of this, on your own time, with no compensation for you work, other than the thank yous from the grateful ones, and WHERE BE THE NEXT MOD/VERSION/PATCH!$!! from some of the less patients ones, of which I am sometimes guilty of falling into. Again, I am ranting, but most certainly not at you. And just let me finish by saying thank you, thank you for your labor of love. Now, whens the next patch!

I kid.

Edited by Slydude3129