WBC or BWC Mod

ianrobycatu

Anyone?

I certainly have probably no business bringing this up here but you need to work on how you create threads on a forum. While I have no authority to ask such a thing, might I suggest then that in the future when you create a thread you spend a bit more time and thought doing so.

Creating a thread

and having your post be one word or two or three annoys me to no end, and I don't think I'm the only one, though I might be the only one to say so. Having a thread created like that tends to not get very many replies due to spite.

Again I have no authority to say or ask, but I can only suggest that you work on this, as it seems to be something you do. Put a bit more thought into your post, or question and I promise you people on this forum will be more than ready to help you. Not trying to bust your balls, or start a flamewar. Just something to suggest that you work on. I have alot I need to work on personally as well.

Edited by Slydude3129

I really have to say that's a hell of a post. It makes a lot of sense and it should be the standard for everyone who posts in here or makes threads. Unfortunately there are a lot of these type of people in here and since we are talking about the original poster here he is one of the people that make threads like this again and again.

Another thing that bothers me about this guy (and I am sorry to use him as an example here) and others like him is that he wants you to do the work for him. Do we have ..... here? What is the link for.....??? Where can I find....???

We have a search feature here that can answer these questions but it is easier for them to have others do it. That is what annoys me just as much.

I really have to say that's a hell of a post. It makes a lot of sense and it should be the standard for everyone who posts in here or makes threads. Unfortunately there are a lot of these type of people in here and since we are talking about the original poster here he is one of the people that make threads like this again and again.

Another thing that bothers me about this guy (and I am sorry to use him as an example here) and others like him is that he wants you to do the work for him. Do we have ..... here? What is the link for.....??? Where can I find....???

We have a search feature here that can answer these questions but it is easier for them to have others do it. That is what annoys me just as much.

I agree, though in his defense sometimes the search function on a forum can be a colossal chore. Though that doesn't excuse not trying it, or posting one word threads. I'm not a network admin, but I can't imagine that is healthy for the server load.

When I needed the Year Changer tool just the other day, I found a post where the dude was looking for it near the end of the MVP 15 Support thread. It was mentioned that it may be in the TC 94 mod. I downloaded it, and found that it wasn't, no big deal, I watched a game while it downloaded. So after I confirmed it wasn't there, I posted such, then used the search button. I admittedly got frustrated with it, but I didn't give up. I wound up finding the link to it, a little after Gordo uploaded the volume packs he uploaded that included it. Though that one is a special case due to fallout from the past so I have learned.

It takes time and effort to do these things, and all of us are not Encyclopedia Britannica. I've learned the best way is, if someone helps you in a post, try to do the same for someone else atleast once. Keep the Karma rolling in the right direction, so that next time you need help, someone will step up to the plate for you. Its a give and receive sort of thing that is what makes forums work.

Edited by Slydude3129

I certainly have probably no business bringing this up here but you need to work on how you create threads on a forum. While I have no authority to ask such a thing, might I suggest then that in the future when you create a thread you spend a bit more time and thought doing so.

Creating a thread

and having your post be one word or two or three annoys me to no end, and I don't think I'm the only one, though I might be the only one to say so. Having a thread created like that tends to not get very many replies due to spite.

Again I have no authority to say or ask, but I can only suggest that you work on this, as it seems to be something you do. Put a bit more thought into your post, or question and I promise you people on this forum will be more than ready to help you. Not trying to bust your balls, or start a flamewar. Just something to suggest that you work on. I have alot I need to work on personally as well.

Then don't bother LOL. There is a lot of people like you too. If you don't want to be annoyed don't read my thread. That's is the only solution for you guys. I'm not asking for your help I'm asking for help for the people who want to help. If you don't want to help Just Shut up. Why all people is like this? A beginner is asking a question because he don't know how to find it or how to do it. That's why there is a teacher Lol so people can learn. If you annoy like I said don't read the thread.

Edited by ianrobycatu

"Anyone? " is not exactly a question that is going to get you a lot of answers.  You may not have liked slydude's post, however, he did nothing wrong and he made a valid point.  He was pointing out that unless you ask something meaningful, you are not going to get any help.  Think about it.

Then don't bother LOL. There is a lot of people like you too. If you don't want to be annoyed don't read my thread. That's is the only solution for you guys. I'm not asking for your help I'm asking for help for the people who want to help. If you don't want to help Just Shut up. Why all people is like this? A beginner is asking a question because he don't know how to find it or how to do it. That's why there is a teacher Lol so people can learn. If you annoy like I said don't read the thread.

Get mad all you want. Since you've been here you have done nothing but expect other people to do your work for you. There is a BIG difference between someone saying 'I've been searching for awhile for ..... and I can't seem to find it' or 'I've been trying to do .... and I have run into some trouble. Does anyone have any suggestions?' That is not you. You are 'will someone do this for me' and 'will someone find this for me'  And you also continually use the shoutbox to ask your support questions even though (1) there is a header above it saying don't do it and (2) you've been asked many times before not to.

My personal impression of you is that you are lazy and you are content to have others do your legwork. That will only get you so far around here because other people will pick up on that too and decide to ignore your pleas for help too. I have less patience compared to them so I beat them to the punch.

One final thing: Don't tell that guy to shut up especially when he wasn't wrong. That isn't done around here

Get mad all you want. Since you've been here you have done nothing but expect other people to do your work for you. There is a BIG difference between someone saying 'I've been searching for awhile for ..... and I can't seem to find it' or 'I've been trying to do .... and I have run into some trouble. Does anyone have any suggestions?' That is not you. You are 'will someone do this for me' and 'will someone find this for me'  And you also continually use the shoutbox to ask your support questions even though (1) there is a header above it saying don't do it and (2) you've been asked many times before not to.

My personal impression of you is that you are lazy and you are content to have others do your legwork. That will only get you so far around here because other people will pick up on that too and decide to ignore your pleas for help too. I have less patience compared to them so I beat them to the punch.

One final thing: Don't tell that guy to shut up especially when he wasn't wrong. That isn't done around here

Edi wow

Edi wow

Listen I know how it feels to get ganged up on. That is none of our intentions alright.

The truth is, at some point in our internet lives, someone probably sat us down and had this conversation with us as well. Forums are not twitter or Facebook or whatever the cool thing to do now days is, you are not limited to 160 characters. Believe me, if it did, I would never be able to complete any of the points I sometimes try and get across. There is nothing wrong with a long winded post. It tells us you had a point, and a thought process behind it. It makes us want to read it.

I'm not saying every time you need help, which at some point we all need help, that you need to fill out a questionnaire in triplicate every time. Let me show you an example of how you could have asked this question I think, without getting some of the backlash you have gotten. When I'm new to a forum, I try to address the person reading it personally kind of like this:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Guys, I'm having some trouble finding the Baseball world cup mod and the World baseball classic mod. This might upset some people, but I haven't really been able to search for it, because honestly I don't really know how to use the search function well. So please don't get upset, I'm just kind of new to this place.

Anyways if anyone could direct me to either these two mods, that also include the Team Philippines in World baseball Classic that would be awesome. If you could, as well, could you direct me to a post, if there is one, on how to fully utilize the search option in this forum. I could stand to read over it and get better at it, as I'm sure it would help not only me, but all of the new members.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And Bob's your Uncle, not overly wordy, not overly drawn out, and makes the point, hey I'm new, but I'm interested in these mods and the game of baseball, and need help. Also, I'm wondering if English is your second language? If so, that may be where alot of the disconnect is coming from. I'm not saying you are not good at typing/speaking English, but that will help us to understand, HEY! This guy is trying.

None of us want you to feel unwelcome, or like we don't want to help you. None of us. Because we are all here for the same reason, Baseball. We love it. If you love it as, I imagine you do, then we can all accept that and welcome you. But please understand that when you make short contrived little post that make us play the pro-noun game, to people like myself, who sometimes get annoyed at the little things, it does get under our skin. Sure, that is something I need to work on, I agree with you. But not reading your post, doesn't help you at all, and doesn't help us either. A forum is an online community, and it works only when we all work together to make it work.

I could have been a bit more clear and less attacky, with my first post than I was, and I apologize for that. I don't blame you for getting defensive, but again please understand our side of the coin. It is very, very difficult to read into a post, what someone needs you to, when that person doesn't provide you the context within the post to do so.

Please don't be upset, and please forgive us. We are only trying to understand how to better help you now, and anytime in the future that you may need help again.

Please closed or lock this thread.

That's not your call to make.

When making a thread, next time, make sure you explain what you want to say in the body of the post, not the title.

Also, this site is not new, and with enough members who have come and gone and are probably still active, what you are looking for was probably mentioned already.

The search function was broken before, but that is not the case now.

Please search before posting.