TC78 Crashing on specific teams after minor tinkering

Background Info:

A couple of years ago, I got TC78 on my PC running XP, everything worked nicely. I played a dynasty or two, then I left it alone. Earlier this year, I saw the Grantland article about MVP15 and came back to MVP Baseball. In the time between, I'd moved to an Apple, and copied the MVP environment from my PC into a VMware Fusion (also XP). Last week, I wanted to start a dynasty in TC78 where I flipped a couple of minor league affiliations (Ottawa Lynx and Syracuse SkyChiefs), so I was going to follow Jim's list so I extracted the logos, fonts, uniforms, and team audio. The only change that I made was modifying the IGENG.LOC and FEENG.LOC files to switch all of the relevant Ottawa and Syracuse info.

Problem:

After I edited the .LOC files, I went into the MVP 78 game just to see if the changes had taken effect. I went to the Jays AAA, and sure enough the logo was the SkyChiefs, but the words said "Ottawa Lynx." Then I went to play a game with the "Lynx" (actually the SkyChiefs slot), and the loading bar got to just over 50% and then crashed. I went back in and tried to play a game with the "SkyChiefs" (in the Lynx slot). The game crashed again. I went back in and tried to play games with other teams, which went perfectly fine. 

Post-Problem Experimentation:

1. I loaded my previous dynasty, and simmed ahead until my AAA team played Syracuse. I went into play that game, and the game loaded properly. 
  2. After being perplexed as to how editing some text would cause the game to crash, I figured that I somehow managed to butcher something. So I removed my MVP environment, went back to my PC, and brought that back. However, Ottawa and Syracuse still crashed the game, while other teams didn't.
  3. I deleted my entire VM (I only had MVP stuff in that one), created a new XP, installed MVP 05 from my disk, downloaded the most recent version of TC78,  and went through the whole extraction-setup process. Then I started this new MVP78, but the Lynx and SkyChiefs still crashed the game. 
  4. Being fairly disturbed by this, I went to my PC, and loaded the MVP78 from there. Much to my surprise, the Lynx and SkyChiefs were crashing games there, despite the fact that I touched nothing on my PC.
  5. At this point, I'm completely confused, so I started from scratch and installed MVP 05 into a Windows 7 VM. Download TC78, etc… I start MVP 78 here, and again, the Lynx and SkyChiefs crash the game.

In conclusion, I've got no clue what's going on or why. The only thing that I could guess at is something's screwed on my disk, but that doesn't even make sense to me. Any solutions/recommendations/advice is very welcome.

yep, just add a face for them.  not sure if there are any made but you can either add any face to fill the spot so it doesn't crash and your dynasty will be fine.  the other option is to change them to a generic number but you have to start the dynasty over.