Game alters rosters once i start a dynasty

marty65

Odd thing!!

I've perused the forums and put this question into the "search" box in the forums but cant seem to find an answer.

I downloaded Gordo's updated Rosters and edited the minor league teams (in MVPEdit) to how I wanted them, then created about 12 extra Dodgers prospects and "extra" minor league players and placed them in the Free Agent Pool (so if I get injuries etc I can add them).

After about 2 or 3 games, the game swaps players around between the other teams minor league teams and the free agent pool, as in it takes out players from say San Jose Giants and replaces them with my Dodgers "extra" players and yet it doesn't take any of the experienced stars like Yu Darvish etc that Gordo placed in there because of long term injuries. I mean really?? lol Jharel Cotton instead of Yu Darvish lol that's the bit I don't get.

I actually tried re-starting my season with the injuries and suspensions set to "off" but it still did the same thing.

If this question, or issue, has already been raised in another forum, I apologise but it drives me nuts :blink:

Edited by marty65
Miss- typed the topic question

The other odd thing that happens is that when you load a new roster, and then look at the FA pool from the main menu/manage area, you'll see a bunch of fake players generated by the game.  What I do is click "reset rosters" and then immediately save the roster.  Otherwise, if you reset the roster, then go into viewing it again, the game and navigate around, the game will regenerate fake players again.  Weird, I know.  So, reset and save right away. Then load. Once you go to start a new season/dynasty, set for "no" on default rosters, otherwise, you may get those fake players.

Hey guys

Thanks for all of that, lots of food for thought :rolleyes:

I always turn off the computer initiated trades thing Jim, I think it maybe likes my created players better lol

Lots to tinker with and try out.

Thanks heaps Gordo and Jim, your help, as always, is great and much appreciated