Question about creating a league with specific teams

tinpanalley

I'm not sure where to ask this because it's, in fact, about both MVP and 2K but I think the classics community is bigger here.

I want to take a bunch of Blue Jays teams and put them into one league. Obviously, being an AL team, that kills the fun of running an entire Blue Jays league complete with playoffs because half of them would have no DH. But I wouldn't mind getting about 10 of the teams since 1977 and doing a playoff or tournament. Is MVP going to be the best place for me to start assembling those teams from other mods, etc? Or do I have as good of a chance with 2K? I tried on The Show but the mechanics of the game and the UI make it tough to import, copy players, etc. No PC tools like with these two games.

Any opinions? And if there's a better place in the forum, please let me know, I don't wanna go against any rules.

Thanks!

Can this be done? Yes. I do know that it will take a lot of importing teams from other mods into one new one and how to go about doing that is something I kind of know what is required of it but I am not entirely comfortable on how to go about doing it.

And you can fill up one full league with Blue Jays teams. Look:

1977, '78, '84, '88, '93, '94, '98, 2005 (original roster from the game install) '06, '07, '08, '12, '13, '14 and '15 Toronto Blue Jays rosters are included in these season mods. That's fifteen right there. You need to download the mods and take out each Blue Jay team and place them in a brand new install of the game. I am sure there are many other steps but this is a start.

I want to take a bunch of Blue Jays teams and put them into one league. Obviously, being an AL team, that kills the fun of running an entire Blue Jays league complete with playoffs because half of them would have no DH. But I wouldn't mind getting about 10 of the teams since 1977 and doing a playoff or tournament. Is MVP going to be the best place for me to start assembling those teams from other mods, etc? Or do I have as good of a chance with 2K? I tried on The Show but the mechanics of the game and the UI make it tough to import, copy players, etc. No PC tools like with these two games.

It would still be fine because the DH can be enabled for all leagues in franchise and for PLAY NOW just play with an AL at home.

Yes, there is A LOT more work than just getting the rosters.  You need to extract uniforms and insert them in the slots used by the teams you are replacing.  For example, if you are replacing the Red Sox with the 88 Blue Jays, you need to replace the Red Sox uniforms with the Blue Jays uniforms.

You would need to make sure all of the faces used by every Blue Jays team are extracted from their existing mod and imported into your new installation.  If you are missing a face, the game will crash.  You need to do the same thing with portraits.  Missing or incorrect portraits will not crash the game, however.

A big issue with portraits is that the portrait numbering is not necessarily consistent from one mod to the next.  If they are consistent, then a player who appears on multiple teams will share the same portrait.  The portrait ID is also the audio ID, so the player names will not be announced correctly if the IDs do not match what is in the audio files. Speaking of audios, team name and stadium name audios would also need to be updated so that they are correct.

You would also have to change logos and in-game text.

Needless to say, this is not something that you are going to get done within a few hours.

Wow, I knew the fine members of this community I've been a part of for a long time would get me an answer on this. Ok, so, pretty agreed upon then that it wouldn't happen with 2K, unless I'm willing to make all the teams right? (Otherwise I'm not seeing where all the classic mods are for 2K)

The reality is that I'm happy having maybe 6 teams, enough for a playoff series, names, portraits, cybers, and uniforms. To be completely honest, this began from a friend of mine asling me, "can't you get one of your modded sports games to sim a best of 7 between the 93 and 2015 Jays?" To which I said, sure that would be fun. But as a lifelong devotee of modded sports titles, I instantly thought, "how about an entire season of Jays teams all playing each other followed by a playoff to see who would win?" Crazy, I know, and plus it's not like these games have the kind of mathematical accuracy that would give you a statistician's level of analysis. Maybe OOTP would be even better. But the fun would be in playing a best of 7 or even watching one.

I really appreciate all the help. I think a full league of teams gets too complicated. What I really want to do is faceoff the 93 and 15 Jays and be able to play. If it's in 2K all the better just because I enjoy it more.

Edited by tinpanalley