Need Help with TC Phase 10 Question

PunchBro

Hi all, I've been lurking about this site for the last 2 years and absolutely love and appreciate all the work that goes into it. My question revolves around TC Phase 10. I'm a huge nerd with the Fantasy Draft options in the game, and TC Phase 10 allows for my ultimate Fantasy Draft.

I'm trying to figure out is about switching some teams and uniforms around from CL1, CL2, etc. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to editors and such, and I understand the basic structure of what needs to be done, but I'm not getting the complete picture of how to go about it.

The main issue:  I would like to take some teams from CL2, 3, 4 etc and move them to CL1. I would also like to change the 89Cubs uniform or be able to add a few more to the 89Cubs slots. Right now, there's two White Sox, Two Philly Teams, and no Yankee teams in CL1 so I would like to change that. I don't care about players being on certain teams and rosters changing around since I intend to do a Fantasy Draft dynasty.

I've read HiHeat's uniform mod thread, downloaded and EAGraph and Studio06 editor. I've installed the editor just fine, but I can't run it because I get a 'component "comdlg32.ocx" or one of its dependencies is not registered correctly' error. I have TiT as well.  I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction for how to go about this and what the best utility would be to accomplish my goals.

Thanks in advance and cheers :)

Also, I thought I would add that I wouldn't even mind if I could revert the teams and uniforms (not rosters or anything else) back to the original vanilla install either. Thanks!

Why the hell do you want to do that? I don't know if you can unless you back up every single file that the Total Classics Phase 10 mod overwrites. It is easier to have a second install of the game as a backup. There is a thread created by me that goes into detail on how to do this.

Hi all, I've been lurking about this site for the last 2 years and absolutely love and appreciate all the work that goes into it. My question revolves around TC Phase 10. I'm a huge nerd with the Fantasy Draft options in the game, and TC Phase 10 allows for my ultimate Fantasy Draft.

I'm trying to figure out is about switching some teams and uniforms around from CL1, CL2, etc. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to editors and such, and I understand the basic structure of what needs to be done, but I'm not getting the complete picture of how to go about it.

The main issue:  I would like to take some teams from CL2, 3, 4 etc and move them to CL1. I would also like to change the 89Cubs uniform or be able to add a few more to the 89Cubs slots. Right now, there's two White Sox, Two Philly Teams, and no Yankee teams in CL1 so I would like to change that. I don't care about players being on certain teams and rosters changing around since I intend to do a Fantasy Draft dynasty.

I've read HiHeat's uniform mod thread, downloaded and EAGraph and Studio06 editor. I've installed the editor just fine, but I can't run it because I get a 'component "comdlg32.ocx" or one of its dependencies is not registered correctly' error. I have TiT as well.  I'm looking to be pointed in the right direction for how to go about this and what the best utility would be to accomplish my goals.

Thanks in advance and cheers :)

1. what is CL?

2.  let's address #1 first because adding uniforms is easy, but do not use eagraph or studio06 editor.  TIT is all you need to add uniforms.

1. what is CL?

2.  let's address #1 first because adding uniforms is easy, but do not use eagraph or studio06 editor.  TIT is all you need to add uniforms.

1. While I don't know exactly what CL means I think he meant to say the divisions the teams are in. We have the major league level, AAA, AA and A in the unmodded version of the game. I think he wants to move teams that are in the AAA, AA and A leagues up to the major league one.

2. Yes sir. Easiest way to do it.

As a TC10 developer, I can confirm that CL has to do with the league (ML, AAA, AA, A).  I don't know why FuzzOne originally did that but CL1 = Major League, CL2 =  AAA, CL3 = AA and CL4 = A.  That's how the league designator is displayed on the team selection page.

Switching teams is not hard, but it IS tedious and multiple areas need to be changed:

• Rosters: team.dat and org.dat in the data/database folder need to be modified to move the team to the appropriate league and organization
  • Logos: The data/frontend/logos.big file needs to be modified and you need to export the logo of the team you want to move, rename it to the slot where you are moving it to and then re-import it.
  • Team name audios: The teamname.dat and teamname.hdr files need to be modified so that the audio for the team name moves to the appropriate location.  If this isn't done or is done incorrectly, the team name will be announced incorrectly, or not at all.
  • In game text: data/IGENG.LOC and FEENG.LOC need to be edited so that the team name is displayed correctly on the team selection page as well as on the menus and overlays during a game.
  • Uniforms: The uniform files need to be moved around in the data/models.big file and the uniform previews need to be moved in the data/frontend/uniforms.big file

As you can see, this is not for the faint of heart and it's not a 10 minute job.

Also, as you observed, there is a problem with the Studio06 utility that prevents it from working correctly, even in Windows XP.

Reverting teams to their original out-of-the box 2005 versions would add more work because you would have to make sure that all the cyberfaces for those teams were in the data/models.big file and the portraits in the data/frontend/portraits.big file.  If a portrait is missing, the game will run, but if a cyberface is missing, the game will crash as soon as you select your stadium and attempt to start playing. 

that makes sense.  i forgot that it listed the levels that.  the trickiest part of doing all of those things will be the team audios.  it is very finicky and quite honestly we don't fully understand how it works.  

but if you get around to doing those first four things to move the teams around, adding uniforms are easy.  you will need the "u" files and "f" files from the models.big and rename them to whatever slot you want. for the uniform preview screens, you can save them as bmp files.  if you zip them all up, TIT will install them.

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated. I would settle for just importing some new Cubs uniforms at this point. I have TiT, would it be as easy as downloading a Cubs uniform set and pointing TiT at it? I'm looking for the stock uni's, I enjoy the the long pants on some players, and the stirrups being designed on the pant leg doesn't make it good to use that.

The part that confuses me is that I'm not sure what the Uniform ID list would look like. For instance, there are 3 Pittsburgh Pirates teams in MLB (CLS1) on TC10. How do i make sure that the Uniforms will be installed into the right slot, this being the 89Cubs slot? 

Why the hell do you want to do that? I don't know if you can unless you back up every single file that the Total Classics Phase 10 mod overwrites. It is easier to have a second install of the game as a backup. There is a thread created by me that goes into detail on how to do this.

The main way I enjoy playing this is as a Fantasy Draft Dynasty, and the original vanilla install gives more variance between teams instead of having 2 White Sox, 2 Phillies, 3 Pirates teams in the same league, etc. 

that's a great question. jim might be the only guy who can help with that question unless you want to explore yourself.  i have a spreadsheet that i just reuploaded that shows all the uniform slots, but it's going to be a little difficult to utilize it since all the teams are renamed.

that's a great question. jim might be the only guy who can help with that question unless you want to explore yourself.  i have a spreadsheet that i just reuploaded that shows all the uniform slots, but it's going to be a little difficult to utilize it since all the teams are renamed.

I may have something in my files at home.  I'll poke around and see if I have something.  Y4L used to have a file in the Downloads section that listed all of the teams in TC10, however, the link doesn't seem to work anymore. 

I have a copy of a list of all the TC-10 teams and locations... it may be the same one you mentioned or one I put together.. I don't remember...

In either case, I'd be more than happy to share it.

I also have a file I created that shows the final standings for every season from 1905 to 2005 with all the seasons that have Total Classic Seasons represented highlighted as well as all the teams that were in TC-10.  Is that something that others would be interested in as well??